Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swinging Both Ways (R) (CLOSED)

Go down

Swinging Both Ways (R) (CLOSED) Empty Swinging Both Ways (R) (CLOSED)

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Follow the flowered trail.. whispered the wind. Follow the white little flowers..
Creep along the trail.. beckoned the trees. Creep along..
See the maker.. swayed the grass. See the one who cries..

All these thing call to the follower, call to the one who comes along the white flowered path.
A white flowered path made by a crying beauty.
A beauty whose tears have made each white flower and created a path.

Lilly stood, hovering over a small clear pond. Behind was a thin trail of white flowers. Each flower was made by a single sad tear that dripped from her onyx eyes, rolling down her stained cheek and falling to the Earth. Lilly felt as though she was the last unicorn of her kind, maybe the only one. The thought made another tear fall into the water and a water lily grow on the surface. Her hard black eyes glared at the flower as i floated atop the crystal liquid. She wanted to race into the water and smash it. Another tear, another lily.
Stepping away from the water, she ceased crying and started to walk towards a grove of trees in bloom with white blossoms. The white, so pure and gentle, so much like her. Or rather she used to be.
Lilly backed up against the trunk of one tree, pressing her rounded rump against the bark and sighing. The wind made the branches sway and the gray sunlight filter through. It tickled her white pelt, making her tense at the touch. She grunted and moved out from under and started to wander again, more tears, more flowers.
The white mare came to a ridge where she stopped and stood, flowers popping up all over the place around her. She gazed down at the slow moving river the cascaded from the water fall to her right. The day was damp, the air was misty, the sky was green and she was sad. The poor sunlight made her a milky greenish color. Though her mane and tail were spun from silk and pure, her small horn spiraled and made of ivory, her body short and stumpy, she refused to be considered ugly.
But she was ugly, her secret was ugly. Others of her kind called her ugly because she was different.
Poor Lilly was different, she took a liking to other mares. That's all she wanted, to be loved by another mare.

Follow the flowered trail.. whispered the wind. Follow the white little flowers..
Creep along the trail.. beckoned the trees. Creep along..
See the maker.. swayed the grass. See the one who cries..

Back to top Go down

Swinging Both Ways (R) (CLOSED) Empty Re: Swinging Both Ways (R) (CLOSED)

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 5:55 pm

(So, so, sorry for the long wait!)

Ava heeded a soft exhale as she trailed the meadow, sighting a lovely, winding path of blooming lilies. They were beautiful; stunning, even. She'd never seen such flowers in her life. The aroma of the plants were pleasant, but carried a silent dreariness that lurked in the shadows. A low nicker flowed from her snout, sensing the presence of another creature wandering about the area. She hadn't seen much activity of others here too often, being that it was so secluded, which made it incredibly sublime and serene. Ava had always dwelled here along the riverside. She enjoyed the calmness and silence that lingered through the air, it being fresh and moist. Yes, the clearing was divine; angelic, even, but although it granted her a relaxed state of mind, she was consistently lonesome. And even if she was within civilization, she'd have a tough time finding a mate, considering the fact she simply wasn't interested in stallions. Of course, they could provide her with an offspring, but she'd much rather be with a mare she cherished than a stud she merely used for spawning a foal.
Ava decided to follow the trail of blooms, curious of where it would lead her to. Perhaps to that being she had picked up on earlier? She shuffled her feet along the path, and found herself near a breath-taking female unicorn with a satiny pale coat and a flowing white mane and tail. Ava whinnied a greeting, and nodded her head.
Swinging Both Ways (R) (CLOSED) Flat,550x550,075,f

(So short and.. mreh. Sorry, finals have drained me of my creative side.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 10:02 am

Lilly gazed about the abyss that lie beneath her hooves, their dainty tips on the very edge, teasing death. Little rocks tumble down the side, becoming lost in the silver river that looked like a string of silk below. A rustle behind her caused her to stir. She refrained from turning around, but let her ears swivel to listen. She had excellent hearing, increased by the fact she was a unicorn. A greeting made her jump, her hooves slipping on the edge as she tried to regain her balance. With a startled cry, she managed to back away safely. Mentally cursing herself for being so clumsy and careless, she turned around to face her greeter. Lilly came eye to eye with a lavishly beautiful unicorn mare. She was nothing she had ever seen before. In all her years of youth, she had seen pink unicorns and black and even a flaming red one, but never the one of a paint horse's pelt. Everything about the new mare seemed to sparkle and her blue eyes danced. She trumpeted softly back, cocking her head to the side curiously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Ava shuffled closer towards the fellow mare, exhibiting no indication of abhorrence whatsoever. The mare was quite stunning, really, and perhaps it made Ava a bit nervous to come in contact with such a heavenly being. Tail fluttering from one direction to another, she halted her movements a mere 5 feet or so in front of her, just in case a random ambush was bound to happen. "Hello," she spoke modestly and dipped her head.

(Oh my goodness, I apologize for the short post.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Lilly's beady, glossy eyes followed the sleek movements of the young mare before her. How long had it been since she was graced with such a presence? Let alone it be a mare. She inwardly smiled. The mare stepped closer and stopped, watching her. Then she spoke a greeting of hello. Her melodic voice was like music to the white unicorn's ears. They sat erect as she listened hoping to catch more words. But she halted with just a hello. "Good evening." she offered in return, her sweet and small voice carrying like the petals of the falling white flowers. At the moment the small white flowers had quite blooming for her tears had ceased momentarily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:48 pm

[center]When the angelic entity uttered a few words of greeting, Ava could feel her face light a-blush. The temptation of staying quiet urged her to keep her muzzle closed, but she wouldn't dare make an awful impression upon herself before this lovely being. "I'm Ava," she told in a creamy tongue, a tender smile played at the corners of her lips. "And who might you be?" she questioned and began to notice the marks that ran over the gorgeous stranger's cheekbones in which seemed to look an awful lot like the lines left behind from tears that had edged from the corners of someone's eyes. And with this recognition, her expression softened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:42 am

Ava. The name fit her perfectly. The name was of feminine origin and the young mare appeared as feminine as a newborn filly with her mane full of blossoms. Lilly gave her a half smile after her eyes left Ava's lips. Why couldn't she bring her gaze away from the soft, pink and fuzzy maw? Cast her glance to the side she replied, "I'm Lilly." it had been so long since she had actually told any one her name. Nobody ever wanted to talk to her since they knew about her secret. When it was discovered it had spread like wild fire in August making her the center of all the gossip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:58 pm

"Lilly," Ava repeated to herself unknowingly as a giddy grin crept upon her face. "What a beautiful name," she swung the compliment her. "Have you ever been told that you're excessively attractive?" the words spilled from her lips, and her eyes shot wide, as she soon regretted her words. Lovely, now she'll most likely believe I'm some freak. Hoorah. Nice going, idiot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:40 pm

Lilly gave her a genuine smile, "Thank you." She took a few more steps closer to her. To get away from the edge, she told herself but really she wanted to be closer to the pretty mare. Ava's words caught her off guard and she had a hard time stifling the snort that wanted to escape. Instead she sneezed a very unladylike like sneeze and drew back blushing. When had someone called her attractive? excessively attracted, she corrected herself. She grinned sheepishly, "Not really.." she answered. Only Dianna...DO NOT think of her now! Lilly screamed inside her head. "Your very attractive yourself."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:45 am

Her face practically bursting with flames, Ava giggled inwardly. "Thanks. What brings you here? I don't come across many souls here," she asked as her head tilted to the side when she noted how close Lilly had been to the verge of the cliff. Sparks of curiosity flickered throughout her mind, yet she'd rather not pester Lilly with questioning her about her position. I'm sure it's nothing. Ava assured herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Lilly's smile faded. Ava's question hung in the air around them thicker than the surrounding mist from the cascade behind them. She coughed uncomfortably as her mind drifted back to the moments before Ava's arrival. She had wandered here crying tears of sadness in hopes of finding a better life by walking over the edge of the cliff. It was all because of her family and Dianna. "Wandering.." she finally said and glanced quickly away. "You?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Ava nodded briskly; the answer seemed reasonable enough, considering this was a beautiful place to venture about. "I've always been here." she answered. "Never really been a part of a herd or any of that nonsense. I find isolating myself a tad like medicine for the mind. No worries about others backstabbing you, no worries about rivals, none of absurdity." She purposely avoided the troubles of loneliness; she didn't wish to come off as a complaining baffoon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:26 pm

Lilly could relate. "I understand completely. I was part of a herd for awhile until everyone betrayed me and i left." she wanted to make it as simple as possible without giving her details of her former life.

(Sorry its so short!!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Ava's left brow shot up with the growing desire of yearning to learn more about Lilly's past. "Why were you kicked out, if you don't mind me asking?" she threw the question at her. She hoped this didn't make her uncomfortable or irritated in any way whatsoever.

//Don't worry about it. c: Sorry about my short post. D://

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Lilly shifted again, weighing her answers in her mind. Which should give her, the truth or a lie? Looking at the painted mare, she began to debate mentally. She had literally just met her moments ago and yet she felt drawn to Ava both mentally and physically. Would she judge? Deciding to get farther from the edge, Lilly moved towards Ava and then arched around her as to not touch her. "Shall we walk?" she offered, already walking onward. She walked slowly so Ava could make pace and prepared to tell a half true story.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down