Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caught Where I Shouldn't Be (M)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Caught Where I Shouldn't Be (M) Empty Caught Where I Shouldn't Be (M)

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Rhilia shifted, nervousness bright in her sparkling green eyes. She was so close! So close! She could hear their breathing, could hear the rustling of their sleeping bags as they moved around. The angel was shivering with fear and delight, the feathers on her wings brushing against each other softly as they bristled in anticipation. The sappy pine tree Rhilia pressed herself against obscured her view. You can do this. They are oblivious in this state. Stay quiet. She told herself, putting a bare foot forward. The bed of pine needles rustled beneath her, causing her to grimace and step back. Rhilia took a deep breath, pushing forward once more. A loud, sudden snore made her jump, but quickly reassured herself that humans often made weird sounds as they slept. Completely normal. A fire was cracking and popping, sending ashes and smoke into the air. Holding back a cough, Rhilia knelt by the flame. Her wings were tucked back, glistening in the moonlight as she hunted for something of interest. She felt her hand brush against a leather sheath, and smiled. Rhilia ran the tips of her fingers along the worn leather. It had seen better years. Sucking in her breath, Rhilia lifted it, brushing off the dirt that had gathered. There was a soft hiss as she withdrew the blade. The dagger was in better shape than its sheath, with a eccentrically carved obsidian handle and slightly curved, shining silver blade that could slice through an animal's hide like butter. A deadly weapon, and the owner probably had no idea of its worth. Shaking her head in pity, Rhilia stood, still holding the dagger.

Normally, she was against stealing. But there was something about this blade, something that called her in. She gazed at her reflection, wondering what the men would do if they woke up and saw such a bizarre creature. The idea made her shudder. Rhilia wanted to flee, but the humans were so... intriguing, that she couldn't stay away. If they woke and saw her, then she would slit his throat and fly away. That simple. With the dagger against her chest, Rhilia continued searching, going as far as digging through their packs and taking an apple. Only the necessities, she told herself, closing one of the packs and moving onto the next.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Caught Where I Shouldn't Be (M) Empty Re: Caught Where I Shouldn't Be (M)

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:27 pm

Terric was sleeping. As all his men were. Or, at least attempting to sleep. This make-shift campsite was all Terric could do for his squad. Under the conditions of the towns in rebel counties, the squad would have been worse than this. He rolled back over, pulling the holey wool blanket over his shaved head.

Crunch.

Terric sat up. Idiot soldiers, he thought, always pulling something on one another. He pulled the sleeping bag off of him, a put hsi head through the tent to see which fool was pulling a prank.

Holy shit.

Wings. She had wings. What thing had wings? Angels? No. No way. Fairies? Too big. And she wasn't a bird. She was a she. He watched her pull out one of the soldiers' daggers. One of the nice ones. Terric didn't move, but watched her. She was stealign things. He had to do something. Terric stood up quietly.

"Having fun?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Rhilia could sense a change in the air around her, and tensed. Her hand moved the sword at her side, and slid it out with a swift motion. She whirled around at his voice, glaring at the man. "It isn't a matter of fun. It's a matter of what I need." Rhilia spread her wings, preparing to take off at a moments notice. "And who will believe your story?" She glanced around, and brushed excess hair from her face. A smile lifted at the corners of her mouth, and Rhilia stepped towards him, sword pointed towards his chest. She tilted her head cockily, golden eyes nearly glowing.

"This forest is littered with dangerous predators, you know. Things that even lovely weapons such as these couldn't kill" She ran the dagger along his chest mockingly. Rhilia stepped back, slipping her sword back into its sheath. "Just so I can avoid a fight, I'll compromise. You can keep this dagger, but I keep the apple. Seem fair enough?" She tossed the apple up into the air, catching it before backing away with a giggle.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Terric chuckled. "I didn't intend to fight, mi'lady. Keep both. The soldier can find himself another dagger." Besides the weirdness of the woman-thing, she was gorgeous. He had seen no other woman as beautiful as she, not even the princess. Despite wether it be lust or mercy, Terric let her have the things unscathed. Usually he would have torn the thief's heart out, but something made him direct himself other wise. Odd.

(SSS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:27 pm

(Woman-thing, lol.)

Rhilia stopped, staring at him with suspicion in her golden eyes. "You wouldn't be planning a trick, would you, adajah?" She asked, slowly starting to circle him. "I don't know about you, but I don't like it when people trick me." She whispered, pulling her wings back so they nearly touched. With out another word, Rhilia launched upwards, landing on a branch with amazing balance. "You aren't like most men I've met. None of them would give up a dagger such as this so easily." She told him. Her normal shy personality wasn't there. Rhilia wondered if she was in danger, and the better part of her told her now was not the time for being scared.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:37 pm

"I'm a grown man, tricks are for children. Besides, the soldier who had that probably got it out of bad intentions anyway. As long as you don't actually hurt my men, I'm fine. No catches, no tricks." Terric smiled, watching as she moved about. Such grace. "Wait. There is one condition. Tell me what you... are." Terric wipe his face with his palm. "Not to be rude, but you have wings."

(Lol. Men... Razz)

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:47 pm

Rhilia mentally shrugged, hoping he would be true to his word. "I won't hurt them, as long as they don't hurt me." She nearly hissed. Quickly, she locked her knees around the branch, swinging so she was upside down and facing him. Her hair fell from its place, the feathers that served as the pins dropping to the ground. Rhilia smiled shyly at him, bringing her wings forward so she could look at them. "Adajah, what other kind of winged beings are there? Angels, hon, Angels. Wings are common among our kind. The ones without wings are either veterans, or, plain old humans, like you." She laughed, fiddling with the dagger for a moment. "I don't find it rude. After all, Angels are not common. You have every right to be curious."
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:53 pm

Terric smiled. "An angel. Now I can say I've met an angel." He winked. Terric looked over his shoulder at his sleeping men. They were out. "I don't think they'll be waking up anytime soon." Terric adjusted his gaze to the sky. The moon was just in the middle. It was about midnight, he thought. Then, Terric looked back to the angel. "I've never seen anything like you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:02 pm

"But before you go getting any ideas, let met explain a few things." Rhilia told him. "We are not the holy servants of whatever god you worship around here. We aren't beings of perfect innocence, but we can't curse. We can kill, so don't think I won't." She watched him carefully, and slipped down to the ground. Her hair hung wild around her shoulders as she approached him. "I think I'll be the only one you ever meet. Most of us are more careful than I am, but I'm desperate."

(Didn't have time for the font or anything.)
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:12 pm

"Well, I can see that. You came up to a camp of soldiers in a civil war-ridden country." Terric chuckled again. "I can give you more than just an apple, you know. If you need it." Terric almost slapped his hand over his mouth. What was he doing? Keeping the "tough-guy" look was crucial! he was an army captain! Come on, Terric. The young man thought for a second. "Do you live out here? In the woods?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:26 pm

"I have my reasons." Rhilia was considerably shorted than him, but that didn't stop her from trying to be intimidating. "What I need, I am certain you don't have it. It isn't from around here. The apple was only to keep me going." She looked up at him, head tilted sightly. "I should be on my way. People are depending on me, and I'm standing here wasting my time."

(SSSS)
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:49 pm

"Wait. Don't go, yet." Tessir narrowed his eyes. He didn't want her to leave. But how could he say that? "I'm trying to figure out how to react to all this..." At that moment, a soldier sat up, dazed look upon his face. "Shit, shit. Go. Go now." He said under his breath. He didn't mean to be pushy, but he ushered the angel forward, his hand brushing her wing. It was softer than silk, like nothing he's ever touched. The feeling lingered on his hand as he gently pushed the girl forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:31 am

Rhilia raised an eyebrow, looking at the man as if he were a child. "You want to know how to react? Keep your mouth shut. If anyone of these soldiers manages to get word around, and people are crazy enough to believe it, then my kind is going to have a serious problem." She growled. When the soldier sat up, Rhilia didn't need any extra pushing. She jumped back up into the trees, going higher than she did last time.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Tessir looked up, and felt relief when he could no longer see the angel. The soldier muttered some sort of words, but the military captain could not make them out. "Just go back to sleep. Nothing is wrong." His voice was stern, and it was obvious that this was a command, not a friendly suggestion. Looking back up to the trees, Tessir shrugged, and yawned, and decided he might should take his own advice and go back to sleep. But first he called to the angel in a hushed voice. "Don't kill any of us, please." Tessir shrunk back into his tent, and crawled under the covers. Was he previously talking to an angel? Maybe he was dreaming. Yeah, that's probably what it was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:15 pm

A melodious laugh drifted down from the trees. "I would never, ever do that, Adajah." She whispered, and leaned back against the tree. The flirtasious angle wasn't one she could keep up. It took all her courage to just stay in his sight. Rhilia knew she should keep moving, but she needed sleep as well. Sleep would never come, not with humans so close below her. To pass the time, Rhilia ran her finger over the dagger's blade, leaving a beaded trail of blood. If she was to be murdered, it would be with this blade. It was sharp enough that one wouldn't feel it when it sliced through their skin. Wiping the thick red liquid from the almost delicate edge, Rhilia sighed, glancing down at the camp.

(Time skip?)
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:17 pm

(Sure, to where?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:21 pm

(Er, how about a lake? All I can think of at the moment.)
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:27 pm

(I'll skip to like after a battle and he's lost all his men or something.)

They were gone. He had lost them. An ambush the night the angel came. No, it wasn't her, but it was bandits. Tessir had managed to get away. And now, he sat on the sandy bank of a river, head placed in his hands, fighting back tears. How could have he not seen it coming? It was all his fault. he had been sleeping while they were slaughtered, then he had ran from the battle. Tessir turned the word coward over and over in his head. That's what he was, a coward. He could never report to the king. He would shamed, shunned. What would he do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Rhilia had seen the battle. Not really a battle. More like a slaughter. She hadn't seen the man she had spoken to, and could only hope that he had made it. Sadness overcame her. War was something she hated. Innocent men murdered, just like the ones below her. It wouldn't do any good to stay here. Sighing softly to herself, Rhilia stepped from the tree branch, wings catching her and carrying her towards a nearby river. She watched the ground go by beneath her, and pondered her situation. The dagger was held tightly in her hand, brushing against her hip as she flew. She had pinned her hair up again, but a few stray strands still hung loose.

Rhlia landed just before the end of the forest. She was nervous. She always was before she went out in the open. All she had to do was rinse the dirt off and get a little to drink. A hunched form caught her attention, and she remembered it from the night before. A wave of relief washed through her. Silently, quickly, Rhilia approached him. "You never gave me your name. Awful rude, you know." She said softly, kneeling in front of him and placing the dagger in his hand.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:54 pm

"Terric. Terric Ferra." He looked up, seeing the familiar face of the angel he could never forget. "Keep it." He pressed the dagger back towards her. Dusting himself off, Terric stood up. "Really, I don't want it."

(SSS!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:15 pm

violet]]"Rhilia. Call me Wiley." She replied. "Do you have a better weapon? This is almost one of a kind. Do you not know of its value?" Rhilia asked, thrusting it back at him. "At least trade it. I have a weapon of my own." She gestured to the sheath on her hip, and raised an eye brow. "I don't want it either. In your current predicament, I think you could use the money." [/center]
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:38 pm

"I have one better. I have the long sword version of that dagger." Terric snatched his belt of the ground, securing it around his waist. There hung a long sword, with the same appearance as the dagger. "But I'll take it. I could use the money, you're right. Thank you." Terric sighed. "I'm sorry... I-I..." He trailed off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:21 pm

(I'm on my iPod, so please excuse the lack of font and the many spelling errors)

Rhilia nodded. "Good." She said, stroking her own sword. The rushing river reminded her why she had come. Rhilia glanced back at him, wondering is she should wait until he was gone. Don't be silly, he hardly knows you! Besides, he probably has a wife.. Deciding that it would be more polite to wait, the angel started downstream. "I'll be down here if you need anything." She called, stopping around a bend and stripping down to the bare essentials. The water was cold, but it was no matter to her. With her hair draped across her shoulders, Rhilia went under.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Terric followed her with his eyes for a moment, then sighed, walking off into the line of trees. He walked through the forest, hearing a crunch everywhere his heavy boot fell. Birds were chirping, the sun shining through the canopy of leaves. It was too joyful for a day of morning.

Terric snapped some branches from trees for a fire. He couldn't go back to the camp, the bandits probably were still there. Damn rebels, he thought to himself. Then, Terric looked back in the direction of the river. That's where he would stay, it was open, dry, and had a water supply. Terric trudged back, setting the wood next to a large rock, as well as his sword. He slumped back down, and stared at his reflection in the cool, dark water. The sun was going down in the horizon, making the clouds pink and orange. Terric huffed.

Last edited by c0ming-alive on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:36 pm

Rhilia sat on the bank with her knees pulled close to her chest. Her wings were dripping water onto the pebbles beneath her, slowly drying in the setting sun. A light shiver traveled through her body. It was time to return. Rhilia dressed, and put her wet hair back up into its place. She walked slowly back around the bend, bare feet moving silently as she approached. Her finger tips glowed slightly, casting small shadows on her leg as she made her way to Terric's side.

He had gathered wood. That was reassuring. "Need help?" Rhilia asked softly, arranging the wood so it wouldn't catch anything else on fire. The glowing on her hand grew brighter, until a crackling strand zapped towards the wood, sparking and lit it on fire. Even that used a lot of her energy, and the angel slumped back, hands supporting her.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next