Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inevitable Things In Life (R) (Reserved)

2 posters

Go down

The Inevitable Things In Life (R) (Reserved) Empty The Inevitable Things In Life (R) (Reserved)

Post by Ren Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Kikani's breath burned in her chest, making every ragged breath torture. Her muscles screamed in protest. She had been running for days, and everything hurt. Rain hit her like frigid needles, driving straight into her without mercy. Cold, hungry, and at the verge of collapsing. If she fell, Kikani wouldn't rise. Her demon's glowig red eyes glanced around nervously, squinted against the relentless rain. The forest was dark around her. The pounding of rain covered any scent or sound that would help her. She relied on the whiskers on her muzzle, and her blurry vision to guide her through the under growth, and anything could trip her up now. A fallen fence, an old hunter's trap. Her paws were shaking, slipping in the mud and doing all they could just to keep her up, never less running. Kikani could feel the salt of tears in her maw, and winced. She didn't know she had been crying.

Her hunters had finally learned that sending big groups after her wasn't going to work. She made quick work of them, easily. But now, now was different. They had one man after her. Trained by someone she had never heard of, and obviously deadly. Kikani had no hope of finding him in this state, or fighting him when he found her. So she ran. They didn't know she had the form of a 19 year old girl. They only knew of the demon that terrorized their camps. She regretted murdering their men, plaguing herself with a life on the run. It had all been fun and games when she was 16. It was funny watching them run around in confusion and smiling at the fear in their eyes as she killed them. Now she paid the price. Whether it was an instant death or a slow torture, Kikani was going to find out.

And that prediction rang true. The demon's paw tangled in the wire of an old trap. Her beaten body flipped around in the air, hitting the ground with a soft thump. She struggled weakly. The wire just cut into her paw. Kikani tossed her head, backing up slowly. The long horns on her head were tangled in the thorn bush behind her. It was all a matter of time now. She was a sitting duck.
Ren
Ren
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

The Inevitable Things In Life (R) (Reserved) Empty Re: The Inevitable Things In Life (R) (Reserved)

Post by ZeldaWolfy Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:51 pm

Little drops of rain tainted his hat,making it a dark shade of brown. His body was covered in a forest green clothing,and a long brown cape. He looked like a Robin Hood,but was young. His hair was red,and he had freckles all across his cheeks. His body was nicely built,and his intentions were always our. He would've never guessed he'd be hunting a top class demon at his young age,but hey,if it finally gets him known in his home town,it's worth risking his unknown life. He carried a few daggers,and a bow and arrow clinged to his back. He walked heavily through the woods,being tired after tracking down this fiend.

He came to a half,seeing tracks in the mud. His spirits lifted. His head slowly rised toward the direction,a grin growing on his innocent face. "I'm coming.. Demon." He said in a low voice. He sprinted off into a running start,leaping over fallen logs and landing without fault. He was only yards away from her,and would take his prize soon enough.
ZeldaWolfy
ZeldaWolfy
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

The Inevitable Things In Life (R) (Reserved) Empty Re: The Inevitable Things In Life (R) (Reserved)

Post by Ren Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:07 pm

The wire cut deeper into the flesh of her paw. Kikani grated her teeth, biting back a whimper of pain. She yanked her head forward, freeing her horns with a snort. Mud matted her raven black pelt, and blood ran down her paw to mix with the mud on the ground. Fear had its hold, making it difficult to breath as she lay there, defeated in the mud. She could escape if she changed. The magic that laced her human and demon form together allowed her to keep her clothes, but the tight fitting jeans and t shirt she had chosen wouldn't protect her from the frigid rain. Kikani caught site of something moving, and whimpered. It was him. She struggled a little harder, and managed to free her paw from the wire that had wrapped around it. Kikani curled it to her chest, and followed the form of her hunter. Her demon couldn't speak. That was fine. She had nothing to say to her potential murderer anyway.

With only three legs to run on, Kikani wouldn't of been able to escape if she wanted to. The fact that her hunters knew her only for the demon didn't help her at all. Did she dare shift? She wouldn't be able to fight that way. But fighting injured was difficult. There was the possibility that the wound would be transferred to her human body. If the chance arose, then she would shift and escape. But staying demon was her best bet at the moment.
Ren
Ren
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaWolfy Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:22 pm

He skidded to a half,seeing the demon in eyeshot. He reached for his bow,drawing his steady arm back along with the arrow. His eyes narrowed,focusing on her. They were rubbed on the tips with a certain substance that would cause her to faint. Like chloroform,but just injected. His mission objective was to capture and return. The officers wanted her to pay for the many,many lives she had stolen. He took a deep breath,closing his eyes as his grip released.

As time slowed to him,his heart thudding out of his chest. He listened to the wind slicing as the arrow aimed for her shoulder or neck area. He wasn't trained well in the art of archery,but with focus he had great potential.
ZeldaWolfy
ZeldaWolfy
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:42 pm

Kikani froze. Even with the rain and blood scents blurring her nose vision, she could still smell the substance rubbed on head of the arrow. She cried out as the arrow sliced into her, and instantly black edged at her vision. Her form flickered for a minute as she struggled to keep her demon form. He hadn't shot to kill, but it still hurt. Her sounds of distress were a mix between the yelp of her demon and the whimper of her human. Kikani tried to fight off the effects, but she was tired, and her body welcomed the rest and peace pf being unconscious. Her demon form stayed. She sent him a cold look, but her head hit the ground seconds after.

The aches that should of come with sleep weren't there. Whatever was on that arrow was strong, effective, and she wouldn't be waking up for a while.
Ren
Ren
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaWolfy Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:48 pm

He rushed over to his kill,well prisoner. His hand grabbed her horns,feeling how sharp they were. It looked amazed at her structure. He would never forget his first mission. He took out his manual,flipping through pages. "What to do now.." He mumbled. He then snapped his fingers. "Right!" He said,putting his book inside his pocket before slipping a rope out from his hidden belt. He dragged out her legs,pig tying them together before breaking a sweat.

After a few minutes of knotting,he lifted up his prize carefully and started the long journey home. It would've been smart to muzzle her,but it'd be a long time before the drug would ware off. Or at least he hoped. His master took a gamble with how much they should give the demon,but it did work without killing it.
ZeldaWolfy
ZeldaWolfy
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Kikani hoped her demon would maintain form. If not, then she would be in serious trouble. The things that filled her mind couldn't be called dreams, really. More like nightmares. Visions of what could happen to her, what they might to do her. Even if she didn't feel the pain of the blade, her mind made it vivid enough that she whimpered. Her injured paw was still leaking blood freely. Her maw moved as if she were talking, but the demon didn't speak the language of humans. No sounds came except for the sound of her rapid breathing.

(sss...)
Ren
Ren
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaWolfy Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:08 pm

He carried her over hills,down some tough terrain,and finally into a more smoothe trail. He was following a dirt path as the drug was due to ware off. His head was hanging back as it grew sore from being held up all day,hunting for this beast. He came close to the border of the town.. Ready to turn her in for fame and fortune.
ZeldaWolfy
ZeldaWolfy
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:43 pm

Kikani could regenerate energy faster than normal. She was ready to wake, and her body fought off the effects of the drug the best it could. Her red eyes cracked open. Her paw stung and her vision was blurry. Everything ached but that wasn't the worst of it. She gently tested the bonds on her front paws. Her human wrists were much smaller than this, as well as her ankles. She could shift from human and back quickly, and fight him on equal ground. It would hurt, but she wasn't about to face her 'justice'. Taking a deep breath, Kikani shifted, rolled off his shoulder and slipped from the rope. "Bastard..." she muttered, and quickly shifted back to her demon form. An insane looking smile formed as she slowly circled him, and a growl rose in her throat.
Ren
Ren
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaWolfy Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:48 pm

His luggage felt lighter,not even feeling any pressure on Hm anymore. He then heard that growl,that demonic and owner full growl. He turned around slowly,watching the wolf like being circle him. He reached for his now slowly,sweat dripping down his face. His hand shuffled a arrow,waiting for the right moment.
ZeldaWolfy
ZeldaWolfy
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Kikani made sure she kept straight, not giving him the chance to shoot at her shoulder or neck. He would have to shoot her in the face if he wanted to down her. She contemplated shifting again. It seemed like the best idea. The demon melted away, leaving a young woman sitting cross legged in its place. Kikani brushed her hair out of her face, but still watched him carefully. "Those arrows could kill me in this body, you know that, right?"
Ren
Ren
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaWolfy Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:10 pm

His grip started to grow more firm as he watched the demon melt.. Forming something new. It was.. Human. Was this trickery? His shock was hidden by the shadows of his hat,but it showed as his bow and arrow shook like a mad hatter would with his tea. "I-I believe so." He stuttered before taking a deep gulp.
ZeldaWolfy
ZeldaWolfy
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:10 pm

Kikani laughed. He was shaking like a newborn foal! "Never heard of shape shifters? Some of us have more... elaborate forms than others. I was just unfortunate enough to receive a demon who had such a strong blood lust." She said slowly, watching him with an almost curious look. "I guess I really had nothing to fear from you."
Ren
Ren
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaWolfy Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:45 pm

"N-no ma'am I never had.." He said truthfully. He sounded his age,young. He lifted his bow back up,taking a long and shakes breath before drawing the arrow back. "Now I just want you to cooperate with me.. Please. I-I don't want to kill you." He pleaded. He was a great archer,that's what made him in the elite,but his personality shunned him from popularity amongst the girls. Over all,people hired him for that reason.
ZeldaWolfy
ZeldaWolfy
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:32 pm

An unexpected anger rose in her chest. "Oh, so it's m'am now? That's a first. All I can remember is being called demon, monster, murdered, killer of children and some things that I'm frankly not allowed to say. What's with all the formalities now, hmm?" Kikani watched him raise his bow. "Go ahead. Shoot. I'm not going to a place where the death with be ten times slower. You'd be doing be a favor by killing me now!"
Ren
Ren
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaWolfy Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:24 pm

He listened,looking away. "Answer me this then,/demon/. Did you kill this'd kids just for fun? Or for blood.. To survive." He looked at her. He wanted to know the truth before ending her meaningless life. As she said,he'd only save her the misery she so happened to deserve by killing her on the spot.
ZeldaWolfy
ZeldaWolfy
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Kikani stood, her hands balled into fists. "When my demon is hungry, there is no stopping her. I have no control over her when she wants blood. If she's sated, then I can take back my control. So you shouldn't be asking me. I don't know her reasoning, if she has any." It was partially true. The demon was almost uncontrollable when its stomach was empty, but Kikani let her kill all she liked.
Ren
Ren
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaWolfy Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:42 pm

He listened intently to her,noting her aggression. He frowned upon hearing her very words,drawing the bow and arrow to his chest and taking a good breath. "We'll then.. Against the law of Jesus Christ.." He drew his arrow back,aiming at her head. A golden light shimmered on his arrowhead,a tiny cross. "Your sentenced to death!" He released his arrow,having it spin towards her.
ZeldaWolfy
ZeldaWolfy
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Kikani shifted seconds before the arrow hit her, and yelped as it scraped along her cheek. Her vision was already blurring, and her legs felt weak and wobbly. She glanced up at him before she fell, her eyes human, dark brown and filled with fear. Kikani hit the ground, eyes closed and the wound on her face dripping.
Ren
Ren
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaWolfy Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:47 pm

He raced up to her,seeing his arrow stuck in the tree behind her. He frowned,knowing it didn't hit this humani. He dropped to his knees beside her,restraining her arms and leading her into the village with the words "Or under arrest." He rolled his eyes. (Sss)
ZeldaWolfy
ZeldaWolfy
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:13 pm

The drugs didn't affect her fully. Her vision was blurry, almost non existant, but she could see. Her legs were weak, but they worked too. Her head slumped forward, followed by her shoulders. "So how ya gonna kill me?" Kikani asked weakly, glancing slyly back at him despite her weakened, nauseated state.
Ren
Ren
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down