Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M)

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M)

Post by southerncowgirl Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:02 pm

"That'll be even better." I smile and lead the colt into the pen. I slowly slip the rope off before the mare charges at me. "I like the name Wrangler for him. What do you think? and what about the mare?"
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M)

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:07 pm

I nodded at her naming the colt "Wrangler fits him; for her? Hmm..." I thought about it going through names in my head "How about...Queen?" I suggested, to me the name fitting her.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:23 pm

"Queen and Wrangler it is." I say smiling at the pair. "I wonder what his daddy looks like. I bet he's a beauty. I know my Queen will have a lot more beautiful babies for us." I close the gate and hop off Breeze looking at the time on my phone. "Oh no. I'm late for my appointment with a new client." I hurry off toward the barn letting the hands take Breeze for me. I walk around to the driveway and see a huge 8 horse full living quarter trailer hooked up to a semi sitting there as a guy walks around it checking his chart and talking to Sam. I quickly walk up and introduce myself. "Hi. I'm Rhylie Ullman, the owner. I am so sorry I'm late. I got caught up with one of my client's horses. You must be Jamie." We shake hands.

"I am. Nice to meet you Rhylie." he says and gives a flirty smile. "Your hands are very helpful. They gave me a tour and explained how everything runs here. Even helped me unload all my horses. I feel confident leaving them here. And it'll give me a chance to stop by." he winks at me.

I smile shyly back. It's been so long since I had butterflies toward a guy I just met. "Thank you. They love what they do here and I always make sure they're happy. They are always very helpful even when they're off. So we're training 4 and breeding 4?"

"Yes ma'am. That's the plan." he says with that same smile.

"Alright well we will get to work on them tomorrow and will give you a call when they're ready to be picked up. You're more than welcome to stop by, though, and see their progress." 

"Sounds good." he smiles and winks then hops into the truck with his hands then drives off.

I spin around and walk into the barn to check out the new horses.
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:27 pm

((I think my pics will work now so I'll post one in a sec))

I laughed and put Chico back in his stall seeing a hand there already ready to get his tack off. Then I saw the new client. I've never been jealous of anyone that fast, but I was with him. I just gritted my teeth and turned to the new horses. "So what are we doing with these guys?" I asked Rhylie as she walked up.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:36 pm

"Well those 4..." I say pointing to the first 4 stalls, "are here to be bred and the others are here for training." I finish, pointing to the other 4 stalls that house Jamie's horses. I smile and push him playfully. "You're not jealous, are you?" I ask knowing him all too well. I can see it in his face.

((lol ok)
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) - Page 3 Imagejpeg

I nodded and said "I think those two should be bred with Gerome and Farley." I pointed to the two mates on the far left. Then I shook my head "Psh..no" I lied, knowing she could see through it though. Then I sighed "Sort of."

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:03 pm

"Gerome and Farley haven't been proven yet. They're still in training and that Farley is a little handful as it is. I was thinking Echo, Bling, Cowboy, and River." Echo and Cowboy are Mustangs from different herds that came off the range. Rhylie and Ryan had caught and tamed/trained them a few years back. River and Bling were born out of Rhylie's horses and were raised/trained by her and Ryan. "Why would you be jealous? He's a client. Nothing more." I say with an honest look in my eyes.

Echo:Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) - Page 3 Horse-10

Bling:Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) - Page 3 Tumblr11

Cowboy:Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) - Page 3 41842510

River:Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) - Page 3 Pinto_10

((idk what's going on but your pics still aren't working Sad))
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:13 pm

Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) - Page 3 Imagejpeg

I nodded "I'll get Cowboy and Echo." Then I turned to go get them, hoping to leave the jealous conversation but she said something too fast. "Because...just...the way he looked at you and the way he looks." Then I walked off to grab Cowboy and Echo.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:51 pm

Before I can say anything, I watch as he turns and walk away to get the two studs. I know I wasn't completely honest with him and I feel bad. I mean Jamie is just a client, but he's also very handsome and sweet. "What am I gonna do girl?" I ask the gorgeous jet black quarter horse mare I am standing in front of. She snorts and rests her head on my shoulder which makes me smile. I look down at her chart "Dash, huh? Oh my look at your bloodlines. You're just built for speed aren't you? Well I know just the stallion for you." I say stroking her face before moving onto the next mare. I study each mare that is to be bred and their charts. Charm, a dark palomino arabian. Calypso, a bay overo thoroughbred. And lastly, Splash, a chestnut overo paint. "Wow. The bloodlines are amazing." I say out loud as I walk out of the barn to get Bling and River.

Jamie: Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) - Page 3 Tumblr13

Dash:Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) - Page 3 Qh017110

Charm: Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) - Page 3 06210

Calypso: Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) - Page 3 Profil10

Splash: Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) - Page 3 13570610
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:21 pm

I sighed and patted Cowboys neck "What should I do boy? Should I tell her I want to be more than friends or just let her go?" Cowboy nickered and nibbled on my hair. I laughed and got Echo, leading them back over to the mating fields and waited for Rhylie to bring the other studs.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:33 pm

I whistle and both of their heads shoot up as they whinny together. Bling and River have always been best friends and are always in the same paddock away from the others. Although they have wonderful temperaments, they don't like other studs. River meets me at the gate first as Bling comes up right beside him. I halter then lead them to the barn to be groomed and prepped for breeding. Sam and Matt meet me, taking them to the wash racks and grooming them to a T. After they're done, I lead them down to the 30x30 breeding paddocks. They start getting hyper as they realize where we're going and prance beside me. I smile at Ryan as I arrive at the first paddock turning Bling loose. Then I make my way to the next one and let River go. Each paddock is 6' high with a 5' gap between each fence so the studs don't fight or jump out. I turn and walk over to Ryan.
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:45 pm

As I saw her coming up I turned to put Cowboy and Echo in their paddocks. "Which mare to which stud?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation away from jealousy and on horses.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:52 pm

I run the studs and mares through my mind and remember which ones Jamie said. He had mentioned which studs to which mares, but gave me the decision as to what I thought was best. "Umm...Dash goes with Cowboy, Charm with River, Calypso with Bling, and Splash with Echo." I reply and turn toward the barn. "Ryan?  Do you..." I pause, thinking.
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:55 pm

I turned to go get Dash and Splashnwhen she said my name. I turned and asked "Yes?" I hoped it was t the question I thought it was.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:09 pm

"Never mind." I say with a sigh and keep walking to the barn. I grab Charm and Calypso and lead them to the paddock. I tie Calypso to a hitching post and turn Charm out in River's paddock. With her being 3, this is her first breeding and won't allow River to even mount. I call Sam and tell him to bring the hobbles. Within minutes he arrives with them and I place them on her as he holds River back. I hold the mare and nod. He turns him loose just as River gets hard. Charm tries to fight as he mounts, but the hobbles keep her from kicking. Sam comes up to help me hold her still as River breeds her. "I'm going to leave her in here for a while to let him cover her again today. Since it's her first time, I want to make sure she's bred before she goes home. Stay and hold her please." I say to Sam and he nods. Then I head to where I left Calypso and turn her out with Bling. They squeal and she gets ready as he mounts and breeds her. I grab her and lead her back to the barn leaving Bling in the paddock.
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:16 pm

I nod and get Dash and Splash, seeing it wasn't either of their first times he released them both with their correct studs. Cowboy and Echo waste no time and quickly mount and breed their mares. I grab Dash, she pulled on her rope wanting to stay. I shrugged and didn't think it would hurt to leave her out with Cowboy until we brought Charm in. But Splash eagerly followed me out of the paddock, Echo whinnying to her. She ignores him as I lead her back to her stall. I climbed up to me and Rhylies favorite spot, on the roof of the barn, and looked over the fields.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 pm

I watch as Ryan puts Splash back in her stall then heads upstairs. I know exactly where he's going and follow after a few minutes. I quietly climb onto the roof and slide to where he's sitting. "Hey." I say sliding my arm between his and his side. I lay my head on his shoulder like I always do and look out to the paddocks as the sun starts setting.
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:24 pm

I looked over to her as she comes up "Hey..." I sighed, watching as she sits down beside me. I laid my head on hers as we watch the sunset.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:30 pm

My heart races as I think about what to say. If I should even bring it up or not. I decide to let it go. It becomes dark, all the horses have been brought in, and all the hands besides Sam have left. I sigh and get up knowing I have to go tend to Charm. "You're gonna stay tonight, right?" I ask as I reach the door.
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:34 am

I sighed and followed her, knowing I had to bring Dash in. Then I said "Only if you want me to."

((SSS))

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:38 pm

"Of course I want you to." I reply with a smile and make my say down stairs, out of the barn, and to the paddock where Same was still holding Charm. "How'd it go?" I ask as he turns and leads the mare over. "She doesn't like it one bit. Pitched a huge fit and flipped herself over when he tried again. I've been trying to keep her calm, but she keeps moving and won't let him near her rump." he replies as River walks up to me with an annoyed look to his face. He hates when mares won't let him breed, but never hurts them. I sigh and rub his head. "Let's try one more time." I say as I hop over the fence and grab River, leading him to her rump. I let him go as soon as he gets hard and help Sam hold Charm. She tries to rear as he mounts, but can't with both of us holding her. River quickly breeds her then dismounts and lets out a big sigh feeling relieved. "Good boy." I say as I pet him and Sam takes Charm to her stall. I climb out of the paddock and walk over to check on Bling. Seeing everything's good, I walk over to Ryan and wait.
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:21 pm

I nodded and jogged over to Cowboy and Dash's paddock, where Cowboy is breeding her again. I wait until he's done to go in and lead Dash back into her stall. She gave me a bit of a fight, but I managed to get her in there. After I check on Echo I walked over to Rhylie and waited, not sure of what to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:47 pm

"What do you say we go eat? I'm starving." I say motioning my head toward the house. Then think. "Or we could go eat out if you want?"

((sss))
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:01 pm

"Going out is fine with me. I'll drive." I said, starting to walk to the driveway where my truck was parked.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:31 pm

"Ok." I say walking beside him. I hope into the passenger seat as he opens the door and wait for him to get in before I ask, "So where to?"
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next