Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the Bleeding Edge of Boring Newness

4 posters

Go down

On the Bleeding Edge of Boring Newness Empty On the Bleeding Edge of Boring Newness

Post by Blister Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:40 pm

Hello people who dwell on this I found the other day. I'm the new guy, sort of cautiously unaware of where to begin. I see RP requests, which seemed rather awesome and the only real reason to pop my head in. I've been a tabletop role player since my formative years and pretty well always been the GM. In doing so, I have always been one to focus heavily on story and character and creating an experience that ultimately drives emotion.

I've no doubt that this is the sort of place that prizes that outlook, though the format is clearly rather different. I'm not really into the idea of role playing anything that isn't at least humanoid, but I am fairly open otherwise. So the aching question digging in my brain socket is this: Where do I start?

Blister

Back to top Go down

On the Bleeding Edge of Boring Newness Empty Re: On the Bleeding Edge of Boring Newness

Post by P r o m i s e r Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Welcome Blister! I'd honestly love to do an RP. Sadly, I like to RP Wolves the most. *Sigh* If you want to do that, I'd be more than happy to. I RP humans as well. I'm really into the sitcom Victorious, so I like to RP with people with that kind of topic.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

On the Bleeding Edge of Boring Newness Empty Re: On the Bleeding Edge of Boring Newness

Post by themagus Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Welcome!
I've been waddling around being a GM myself, and the RPing here is deffinitely different. I'm not very good when it comes to advice, so I suppose the players here will be of more help.
Welcome, and have fun!
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amalgamator Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:41 am

Hello fresh blood Blister!

I am a personal believer that anyone who understands all the rules of grammar can write a fantastic story, so whether you like the story itself or the thought your characters make, you're more than welcome here. As far as starting a role play is concerned, I only just got here myself a few weeks ago, and from what I have learned, its simple. Judging from how you said you were once a GM, I doubt you'll need this information, but whatever.

1: Send someone a private message / or / Find an 'open' forum anywhere on the website. (I suggest clicking on the 'posts since my last visit' link at the top of the 'forum' page for this, or just searching)

2: Wait for a response. (The more frustrating part, in some cases)

3: Come up with an idea. (Genre is a good place to start, but a Character, a Setting, and a general Plot will get you started a bit faster)

4: Make a thread somewhere on this website, wherever its most appropriate, then get role playing! (I suggest watching your threads so you get notified immediately after someone responds via email)

With all that said, it only really took me a few hours to get used to the layout of this website, and I am fairly new to the 'internet' if I say so myself. Ask around, post a lot, and read a ton and you'll be having fun in no time!

Good luck!
Amalgamator
Amalgamator
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down