Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"You're running, and as you continue, you realize you're not getting anywhere." [R - M] [OPEN]

Go down

"You're running, and as you continue, you realize you're not getting anywhere." [R - M] [OPEN] Empty "You're running, and as you continue, you realize you're not getting anywhere." [R - M] [OPEN]

Post by P r o m i s e r Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:20 pm

"You're running, and as you continue, you realize you're not getting anywhere." [R - M] [OPEN] Bigbadwolf
Credit

D u r n a l

Uncoordinated black paws carried the large pup out of the den, his emerald green eyes dancing with curiosity. "Durnal, where are you going?" A gruff voice called, causing the black pup to turn around, looking up at his father and meeting his emerald gaze with his own. "I want to go out and explore, dad!" Durnal replied, smiling at Talon with a toothy grin. The white wolf chuckled, and Talon nudged his son heartily. "Alright, we'll go together." He barked, taking long striding steps forward, his massive paws sinking slightly in the dirk and grass as he followed Durnal out into camp, getting respectful dips from his pack and friendly greetings. Durnal looked around at all the big wolves, then up at his father. "Why are they all bowing like that, dad?" Durnal asked Talon. The Alpha smiled at his son. "Because I am the leader of the pack, and you're next in line. You are my heir, Durnal." Talon replied, giving him an affectionate lick. "Oh," was all Durnal said, but his smile and proud gleam in his eyes said more than any words ever could.

Durnal padded into the Alpha's den cautiously, afraid of what his mother, Jamie, would do to him. Would she yell and hit him again? Durnal gulped and shoved away any negative thoughts, and strode further into the den, towards his mother. There she laid, and only met Durnal's green eyes with her amber-brown ones. "Say hello to your younger brother, Durnal." She murmured, and moved her tail to reveal a small, white ball of fluff. Durnal tiptoed closer to look, and saw the little white wolf. "He's so small." Durnal whispered, not meeting his mother's eyes, as he was too awed by his little brother. "He's certainly not as big as you were, but he will grow fast." Jamie replied, though there was a hint of want and envy in her voice. When Durnal looked up, she could see the warm, and proud gleam in her gaze as she stared at the white puppy. "Isn't he beautiful?" Talon asked, removing himself from the darkness, and nuzzling Durnal. "Yeah.. W-What's his name?" Durnal pushed, curious to know what his brother shall be called. Jamie glared up with her cold eyes, looking at Durnal. "Blaze." She answered simply. Durnal thought about it.. Blaze. That was a good name.

"Wait, Durnal!!" Blaze yipped, bouncing after his older brother. Durnal turned around and smiled, padding back to the white pup. He nudged Blaze, "c'mon, bro! We have to go meet dad in the field!" He prodded, looking up at the starry sky. Durnal slowed his pace so Blaze could keep up, and approached his father. Durnal jumped up onto Talon's back, and smiled. Blaze sat next to them and watched. "How come Durnal is going to be Alpha?" He asked innocently, tilting his head. Talon smiled at Blaze. "Because he was firstborn, and has traits of a leader. And because of how pushed I was, I had to make a heir soon." Talon replied, and licked Blaze gently. Durnal smiled, and rolled over to sit next to Blaze, nudging the smaller pup. "You'll always be my brother. I won't let Alpha duties ruin that." He promised. Blaze's smile grew and he cuddled up to his brother.

Durnal limped home, not allowing tears to fall as blood ran down his body. His mom beat him, over and over. Durnal never knew why she hated him so much, but he couldn't help but envy how well cared for Blaze was by her. "Durnal, why are you all scratched up?" Talon growled concernedly, rising to his massive feet. Durnal peered over to see his mother eyeing him closely, as Blaze sat innocently. Durnal looked back up at his father, and shrugged. "I.. I'm not entirely sure. I saw a strange wolf, and she just attacked me. But I'm fine!" He barked. At least that was half true. Talon growled, and nudged him to the Medicine Den. "Go see Arctic, I'm sure he'll be able to fix you up." Talon said.

"Everyone fight, and those weakest get to safety!" Talon ordered as humans attacked camp, and fire burned hot through the trees. Durnal growled at a human as he stood protectively over Blaze in the back of the den, his emerald eyes daring and cold. Talon turned to snarl, attacking the hunter viciously, claws piercing skin. He grabbed Durnal's scruff, and let Blaze climb on his back before racing off into the blazing, burning forest to find safety for his sons. Everything was a blur to Durnal. All he could see was blood, and fire, his emerald eyes scared and wide. Talon dodged flaming trees, and leaped over rocks to come to a cave, where a pond of water lay inside. He dropped Durnal and Blaze. "Stay here!" He ordered, licking both of them affectionately, then turned around. There stood a human with a spear. Talon snarled, and ran at the man, only to be tossed to the side. Talon was stunned, though he could see the man approaching his pups. He roared furiously, and like a bullet, he shot forward, clamping his jaws down and dragging the human away. Durnal watched with terror as Blaze huddled close to him, eyes closed shut and whimpering softly. Talon attacked the man, his teeth deep in it's arm. The human kicked Talon in the stomach, sending him crashing to the ground. Before Talon could get up, a flaming tree slammed down on top of him. All he could see was the man, then felt a sharp pain in his chest. The spear.. As the human raced off, Durnal barked. He raced out of the den to tend to his father. "Dad!!" He yowled, nudging him. Talon tried to lift his head, his emerald eyes meeting Durnal's. "Son.. Take my necklace.." He rasped. Durnal looked at the red and black beaded necklace, and pulled it over his father's head. "Wear it with pride.. I love you, and I love Blaze." He whispered. Durnal shook his head. "No! Dad, no! Don't leave me!" He barked, cuddling next to Talon. There was no response.. Durnal shook with shock, and barely noticed Blaze next to him. Only when his mother appeared, did he look up. Jamie's eyes held no expression as she glared. "Come." She ordered. Durnal nudged Blaze, and together they followed their mother.

"This is all your fault!" Jamie snarled, attacking Durnal and smacking him. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" Durnal yelped, whimpering softly. Jamie bit him. "Because of you, Talon is dead, and Blaze could have died! You're a waste!" She sneered. Right when Durnal was prepared to die, the weight was lifted off him, and he saw the senior Warrior, and his temporary mentor, Loki, attacking his mother. "Get off me!" Jamie snarled. "Don't you ever attack a pup!" Loki snarled back, repeatedly biting Jamie. After a few moments, Loki drove his mother out, far away from them. Durnal rose to his paws, and looked at the remaining pack members. "I'm leaving.. I refuse to stay here." Durnal murmured. Blaze's eyes widened, "no! I'll go with you!" he barked. Durnal turned to look at his little brother, smiling softly. "No. Stay here with the pack, and be safe. I made our father a promise, and that was to become a leader. But here, that's the Beta's job." Durnal replied. "We will meet again." He added, before turning and racing away, leaving his family, his brother, and his memories behind.

Months passed, and Durnal grew. For a one and a half year old wolf, he was massive, and developed hard muscles. This was due to fighting off gangs of wolves, bears, cougars, etc. Durnal was alone.. He had nobody. Until one day, he met two wolves. A male and a female. They were named Anakin, and Ash.

Durnal sat with Ash, meeting her lavender eyes steadily with his own emerald. "Ash, could I ask you something?" He murmured, smiling softly. Ash nodded. He looked at his paws, and muttered, "do you.. Do you have feelings for, you know, Anakin?" He looked up. Ash was taken by surprise. "Well, I thought I did. But no. He's caring, and fun, but he's not you." She whispered the last part, making Durnal smile. He lifted his head, and shuffled over to Ash, nuzzling her. Ash returned the nuzzle, and they were both oblivious to the fact that Anakin was watching. He growled. "You stole my love..." He whispered, hatred burning up for Durnal. Anakin huffed, and stalked away.

Durnal could feel his heart tearing apart. He just got separated from Anakin, and Ash, the fae he fell for. Everything was crashing down on him. He raced away as it stormed, his emerald eyes glowing in the darkness. "Ash! Anakin?" He yowled. No reply.. Durnal felt numb to the bone, yet he continued to race over terrain, leaving what he called 'home' behind. Collapsing on the ground, the last movement he saw was a figure approaching him, before he blacked out.

Waking up with a start, he looked around, realizing he was in a completely different area. "Where am I?" He groaned. "You're in my den." A voice muttered. Durnal turned around to see a brown-gray wolf, and growled. "Why have you taken me here?" Durnal demanded. The old wolf just shook his head. "You fell short out in bear territory. I wasn't about to let you be mauled," he replied. "I'm Tristian." He added. Durnal nodded, "I'm Durnal."

Over the past few months, Durnal had spent a lot of time with Tristian, being taught how to make a good Alpha. There was so much he had already been taught, but he politely listened to the wise wolf. Durnal couldn't help but almost admire Tristian like he admired Talon. He had the same amount of respect, though he could never love a wolf like his father. Except Blaze, maybe.. Durnal's eyes clouded. He missed Blaze and Talon so much, and wished to see them. But he knew he would never see his father again, and that depressed Durnal more than before. "Thinking about them?" Tristian guessed, coming to Durnal's side as he looked up at the stars. "My brother, more than anyone. I just want to see his annoying, playful grin one more time." He murmured, glancing over at Tristian. The old brute nodded. "I understand." He replied. Durnal looked up at Tristan, "you're not going to leave, are you?" he asked. Tristian smiled. "Never." He replied.

And of course, that promise was broken. Tristian disappeared, leaving Durnal alone. Durnal felt betrayed, and backstabbed.

Now, Durnal has a pack. He reconnected with Blaze, and Durnal is a living legend. He made Blaze his second in command, and the pack is massive. Durnal felt a little depressed here and there, but he developed into a fine Alpha. He cherished all the lessons he got from Talon, Loki, Tristian, everyone he met on his tough journey.

(Okay, so this was pretty good until like halfway through. cx Anyway, somebody just join. XD)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down