Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poker Joe's Story: How I got here.

Go down

Poker Joe's Story: How I got here. Empty Poker Joe's Story: How I got here.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:40 am

"Get em, Joe!" My rider yelled as I bolted after a 3 week old Holstein calf. To the right, to the left, we dodged to keep the calf in place. Again, right, left, forward, back. My knees and legs never ached, for I had been doing this job for 4 years already. "Poker Joe! Get on task, boy!" Reese shouted from upon me. The calf was charging us! I leaped up and over it, then had plenty of time to lash out a hoof and trip the brown and white cow. No other horse did that like me. Reese jumped off my back and gave me a good pat. "We did good, fella. Time to brand em." He pointed to all of the calves we put into the pen. Of course, we had help. Kid on Aristo helped us, so did James on City Rhythm (We call him City) We can't forget Tony on Clay either. I pricked my ears at a chime in the wind. Time for them cowboys to eat! They all ran over to us and pulled our saddles off like a deer runnin' from a hunter. Reese forgot to pull of my Breast Collar, so I gave 'em a nip on the shoulder to remind him. He always did that. He quickly unsnapped the device and bounced off to the Dinin' Hall. I smelled the air. Roast beef, Beef Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Salt, Pepper, Bit of Venison....Cowboys and us had it good. The Rancher's wife, Nelly, loved to cook and boy could she! Reese always snuck me some corn or potato. I ain't to fond of that meat. Horses don't eat that. I nibble on the grass, playing with my bit. Sometimes, if I got it just right, I could drop it from my mouth and graze fully.
MORE COMING SOON.

Back to top Go down

Poker Joe's Story: How I got here. Empty Re: Poker Joe's Story: How I got here.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:52 am

This story will tell you how many of my horses came here. Like the Following:
Aristo
City Rhythm
Poker Joe
Clay
Dasani
Rockefella

Back to top Go down

Poker Joe's Story: How I got here. Empty Poker Joe: Dirt on the Tires

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:24 pm

After 'bout an half and hour or so, them cowboys came back and got on again. They rode it to the corral an we were in-charge of branding them calves. The sell of singed fur and burning flesh reached my nostrils, again for the fourth year. Reese was handling a smokin' hot metal rod while on my back. We had to trust each-other, or else this wouldn't work out. We did trust each other. All of a sudden, wham! Aristo rammed into me with a smirk. Kid laughed and gave Reese a hearty pack on the back. I nipped Aristo. "Nice" I nickered to her. "I'll get you back." Aristo tossed her mane. "Not soon enough, Poker boy. Revenge isn't everything." She laughed as Kid led her off. Reese slapped me gently. "Young boy, Kid an 'Risto ain't gonna give us no break. 'Least James and City are decent." He chuckled. I bolted after a calf running from us, and tripped him like always. Reese hopped of and quickly branded the bawling calf.
After about a days work, the team retired and we all went back to our pasture. I galloped around, glad to have Reese off my back. Aristo, Clay, Dasani, and City Rhythm quickly fell into step behind me. We all did a slidin' stop and the water trough and I drank to my heart's content. Life was good for a Cow horse. But who was I to know the unexpected Turn?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:55 pm

~*5 Months Later~*~
Reese stroked my muzzle, tears brimming his eyes, but he would never admit it. Kid was next to Reese, his head against Aristo's neck. I'm sure he was crying. James was haltering City and Jerry was leading Rockefella over. Tony was muttering to Clay and Nixon was stroking Dasani. All of a sudden Reese held up his wooden cross and draped the chain 'cross my neck. "I'm sorry, Partner, but the ranch went out of business. That drought took toll on our cattle. Someguy in Australia bought ya en I haven't got enough for what you're worth to them. He ran his fingers down my chain, feeling the cold loops the I had already broken once. I was led up to the trailer, and the others followed so we were snugged tight. The ground started shifting and we all lurched back, then stumbled forward to find a net of hay and a automatic waterer in our reach. After about a few hours, the excitement was no more. The hay was empty. The water that at first cleared our taste of whiskey now just put little shreds of hay into our mouths. The road was going to be rough....
So we needed to be Tougher

Last edited by Stormheart on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:36 am

Embarassed Shocked Neutral Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:36 am

Embarassed Shocked Neutral Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:51 am

i dont know my expressian except..i want more that cant be da end!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:27 pm

thats really good

Back to top Go down

Poker Joe's Story: How I got here. Empty Poker Joe: Shippin' to Aussie

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:44 pm

Time goes by slower then 'lasses now. We're almost done with this trailer joke, I kin feel it in my bones. My muscles ache 'n I can't wait to roll. Poor Rockefella is goin' crazy next to me. All of a sudden, the trailer revved slower 'n slower. "We're stoppin' " I whispered to Stetson, a horse that was also trailer with us. He nodded, his blue eye gleaming. "I was gittin' sick of this ride." The trailer doors opened and lights poured over us. Everyones head shot up and we all started a talkin' hocus pocus that none of us could decipher. A mean-lookin dude unloaded me, an' led me away. I sniffed the air. We were close to the ocean! The salt tickled may nose 'n I couldn't stop sneezin' all over my handler. I peered aroun' the trailer, n saw somethin you didn't see every afternoon. A bid ole steel gray ship was perched just off the shore, with a big cement per-my-nant deck running out to it. I looked at Steston n' he looked back, deadly calm, where I was quivering with anxiousness. My handler brought up one of his big, rough, calloused hands and ran it down my neck, calmin' down to green. I knew, as did Dasani, Rockefella, Stetson and the gang. We knew the we was getten' on the iron galleon, whether we liked it, or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:43 am

I raised my head as'n my handler - Ted, Rockefellla's handler called 'em - led me a forward towards the ship. My feet a clipped and a clopped on the hard ground, packed stiffer th'n any barn I'd trod on. Whe finally reached it, Ted pulled my into a musky smellin' area, the floor covered with straw and woodin shavins. He let me loose, but blocking the exit. My rope halter creeped up my face and covered my eye, then was tugged down. I looked over an' Dasani was there, along with the rest. A smile played on my lips as I layed down for the first time in a bit, and rolled. I stopped when I felt the legs of a huge horse that I rolled into. I didn't dare look up, but I a did and regret it now. A big, power-ful dark brown horse looked down at me with searing eyes. I got uppan shook the stuff of my back. The horse chuckled, "Scared you there, didn't I? I'm Scarheart." I looked at Scarheart, depicting whether to run or not. I nodded, "Poker Joe to you." A huge draft horse stepped up, the white feathers on his feet a swishin and a swayin as he walked. "I'm McGee, nice to meet you, Poker Joe" He said in huskey voice, dippin' his head. He turned to Scar 'n' laughed. this had to be some kinda cruel joke. I stepped back, swayin, feelin sick. McGee quickly grabbed me mane and pulled me forward. "Hey boys!," He shouted over the noise of the hull," We have us a sea-sickemed horse!" The others started whoopin and neighin, and I couldn't feel no more....
Then Peace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down