Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Careful What You Do Or Say, He'll Bite Back...

Go down

Careful What You Do Or Say, He'll Bite Back... Empty Careful What You Do Or Say, He'll Bite Back...

Post by • Echo Mon May 17, 2010 5:58 pm

My padded feet fell lightly, almost silently, on the slightly damp ground as I wove my way throughout the blackberry bushes. My intimate golden eyes never failed to notice even the slightest of things, my keen ears never failing to hear the slightest rustle in the bushes I was passing by. An eagle lifted into the sky, a rabbit darted into oblivion, a doe fled from my sight, and a squirrel scampered off into teh fading light. It was dusk; The sun was just beginning to set, hanging low over the horizon, a chill starting to creep its way into the air. A breeze rustled my multicolored fur, and I twitched my ears to keep the wind out of them. My body stayed low to the ground, my head and tail low as well, eyes intent as I glanced around frequently, almost as if waiting, watching... Finally, I sat, watching the moon as it rose into the sky. Full. Lifting my head to the sea of dark blue that expanded high overhead of me, my lips forming an almost perfect circle, I let out a long, mournful howl of the lonely, quiet and low at first, then rising in volume and pitch until it was a sort of lingering moan.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Careful What You Do Or Say, He'll Bite Back... Empty Re: Careful What You Do Or Say, He'll Bite Back...

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 6:03 pm

Lovely perked her ears. Snout rising from a pile of dirt she had been sniffing for any trace of prey. Her ears swiveled to and fro, catching the last mournful notes of a brothers cry. Body stiffened and nose straightened in the direction it came from. It was beautiful. It was only right that she should reply back.
"Haaawoooohh." She howled into the air, letting it catch and drift as she stopped. Ears cocked, waiting for a reply which would tell her both to come or stay away.
She started moving anyway, trying to find him on her own. No easy task at all. The forest was huge, she knew from experience.
Skilled eyes watched for him as she moved through the under growth. Sniffing for prey.

Back to top Go down

Careful What You Do Or Say, He'll Bite Back... Empty Re: Careful What You Do Or Say, He'll Bite Back...

Post by • Echo Mon May 17, 2010 6:13 pm

I waited, listening as the wind whispered through the blackberry bushes, brushing against my fur and dragging its fingers through my hair. There. An answering howl. Listening intently for a few moments as it began to slowly die away, I lifted my white and grey flecked muzzle abck into the air, letting out another long howl, but a lighter one, letting it fade away soon after. Come. Lowering the rest of my body slowly to the ground, I bury my nose into the damp ground, sniffing at the musky smell of the forest floor, well camoflauged from most things, the only thing standing out the white splotches covering my otherwise grey and brown muzzle. My black body with brown patches and grey flecks otherwise blended in perfectly with my surroundings. I listened. And waiting. And tehn, I heard it: Light footsteps on the trail leading to me. Lifting my head into the air, I could scent out the smell of a she-wolf, listening to her footfalls gradually get closer and closer.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 6:24 pm

I sniffed the air carefully. It smelled of spring and nature. Though I had known nothing else, I remembered well the smell of humans. The taste lingered in my nose and I hadn't smelled right for days. With a sneeze, I walked forward. The Howl that told me come had been quick in it's response, and I was more than happy to oblige. My stomach was feeling hot, and I pretty much knew what that meant. I needed a mate, the last time I had come into Heat. I had found no one but a forcer. Thankfully there had been no pup's as a result, but I was still very much wary of Wolves who appeared unannounced. I shook my coat as I felt a few leaves tangled, they didn't move so I growled out in annoyance. I gave a Yip. Hello. I wondered if anyone was around. So I cocked my head and listened while I walked.

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Mon May 17, 2010 6:34 pm

I held my head high as I heard a short yip. Shaking my body, I perked my dark ears forward, letting out a responding bark to her. Keeping my body low to the groun as I lay, tail wagging slowly, I listened, cocking my head slightly to the side as I waited, wondering who it would be. It had been a while since I had seen other wolves around, and I could feel my pulse pounding as I waited in anticipation. It had been too long since I had talked to others, in my opinion, and now I couldn't wait.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 6:42 pm

got to go... be back tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Mon May 17, 2010 8:49 pm

okay
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 8:16 pm

With perked ears I walked toward the wolf I had just now spotted. He was a handsome thing, borderline beautiful. In my excitement in seeing another of my kin I wagged my tail waffling my scent.
"Hello, I am Lovely." I introduced myself, tail a light with wagging and nose pointed to the ground. Curious.
(lol, shortttttt)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down