Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacrifice a mare on the brink [Please Reply]

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sacrifice a mare on the brink [Please Reply] Empty Sacrifice a mare on the brink [Please Reply]

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Sacrifice ~ It was an ordinary day for me and my buddy Calirence pulling my masters carriage into town, we always went to the town market on saturdays, so why should today be any differant ?

As we pulled out of the ranch, the feeling in the air changed it was suddenly all gloomy and the air was thick and heavy. We continued going along the dirt road, I thought I saw shadows in the trees, but was told to speed up, so I ignored them.

As we reached the bend, bandits swarmed on us from no where, we panicked and bolted, too late for my master though, he was hit multiple times before falling from the seat, as we ran the bandits chased, wanting the cargo they thought we had...

One bandit pulled in front and shot at Calirence, he fell to the floor not moving. I froze terrified, but the bandit did not shoot a second time, he simply went to the back to join up with his friends, leaving me standing next to the lifeless body of my friend I had known since childhood he was the only Stallion that had praised me for my pulling power, not judge me as weak because I was a mare... I lowered my head.. " Please Wake, please.." I begged, still no movement..

The bandits left, I stood there alone, frozen to the spot... I let out a scream that would send shivers down the spine of any creature that heard it... before returning my gaze to Calirence... A single tear trickled down my cheek... I stood still attached to the carraige, waiting for this nightmare to end, if it was death... I didn't care

Sacrifice a mare on the brink [Please Reply] Images22

Last edited by Too Late For Mercy on Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:30 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding the Picture)

Back to top Go down

Sacrifice a mare on the brink [Please Reply] Empty Re: Sacrifice a mare on the brink [Please Reply]

Post by Faye Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:23 pm

Sitka~
I trotted though the dense forest.I stopped dead hearing a shrill scream.I winced at the sound.I was curious to what animal made it.But the sound came from the human lands.My nostrils flared as I watched the opening in the forest where human territory was.I took cautious steps towards the opening.Soon my curiosity got the better of me and I broke into a trot.I came out onto finely trimmed grass.My eyes darted around for the source of the sound.I was to the left.I walked out onto the pavement.It felt odd and hard as my hooves pounded against it.Finally I saw it.A mare about my age trapped in some kind of a human cage.A horse dead next to her.The sight was horrific.Before I knew it I was galloping.I slid to a stop once near the mare.No humans were in sight."What happened?"I snorted.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Sacrifice a mare on the brink [Please Reply] Empty Re: Sacrifice a mare on the brink [Please Reply]

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Sacrifice ~ I looked up at the stalion...tears filling my eyes... " Bandits, they attacked me and Calirence, they shot him.... and my master.. for nothing..." I lowered my head again..." I knew Calirence my whole life and now he's gone..he was like a father.." I nudged his body and looked back at the new stallion..

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:38 pm

Sitka~
It seemed the frightened mare was stuck.As the kind and considerate stallion that I was I asked"Is there anything that I can do to help?"I felt deep sympathy for her,but if she was wild like I she would never encounter these problems.I thought I just might ask her to come to the wild with me.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:42 pm

" Could you help me out of this stuff.. I can't stay here forever..." I said pulling at my restraints, they were like chains tying me to this spot.. now I understood why wild horses despised being tied up, they felt trapped...I had seen the kindest of humans and the most evil of them.... it seemed there were more Evil humans around than the good ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:50 pm

Sitka~
I reared up and striked at the straps multiple times with my sharp hooves.It wore them down a bit but didn`t break them.Maybe if she pulled at them,they would break.I bit at it with my teeth,but it didn`t work.The hooves kinda worked,but she should pull now,I believe and they just might break.I took a few steps back wards."Pull"I ordered.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:59 pm

I pulled at the straps and a few snapped, I pulled on the rest and they finally came loose, I moved away from the carriage and tried to get the reins of, they would not budge... I lowered my head and placed my hooves on them and pulled my head upwards....

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:11 pm

Sitka~
I turned my head after hearing a sickening "CRACK"Slowing I peered back towards her and realized it was just the reins.Yay they had been broken!Since she was no longer trapped I decided to ask her."Would you like to come to the wild with me?"I snorted.My ears pricked forward at the sound of footsteps.I pinned my ears against my skull and stood protectively in front of the mare.It was a human.I reared up and lashed my hooves threateningly at him.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Independence~

Independence was the of the horse the man was on. The man was talking some jibberish, when i noticed these poor horses were in danger. Out of nowhere i rear up, buck, and everything i can to throw the man off of me. I start running while yelling to the other horses "Follow Me!" I know a safe place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:20 pm

Sitka~
I ran at the man crushing him under my hooves.He was yelling curse words and swinging a whip every which way.This enraged me even more.I reared up and stomped on his head.Then I jogged back to her and snorted telling her to follow the strange mare.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:22 pm

Sacrifice ~ "Well..." I thought for a moment, would be able to survive without a human taking care of me. " Yes...but i don't know anything about being a wild horse.." I jumped at the sound of the human.. cowering behind my new freind... I had seen enough of the humans voilence to last me several lifetimes... I followed the others

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:25 pm

Sitka~
I gallop after them.I hoped this new mare wasn`t pulling any tricks on us.I never trusted newcomers.I snorted and tossed my head as I gallop.I was proud that I had defeated the enemy.Once I was behind them I switched my gait to a jog.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:28 pm

I was also wary of the new mare, the humans had what they called Bait horses , they would lead the wild horses , ( not so wildin my case..) into traps and then tame them, I had no intention of going back...I looked back to the stallion " I never got your name.."

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:32 pm

Sitka~
I jogged beside the mare."Sitka,and yours?"I snorted.I flicked my tail with impatience.How long was this trail anyways?I wondered."Where are we going anyways?"I whinned to the strange newcomer.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:34 pm

"Hello Sticka, my name is Sacrifice...Thank you for what you did back there.." I smiled.. as I continued to run, I also wondered how far the trail went.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:34 pm

I waited for the horses, then galloped through the deep woods. The woods was about a mile in width, but there wasn't as much vegetation as you would think. Finally, i came to a beautiful meadow with a small pond nearby some trees. As you look beyond the horizon you see the greeness disappear. It becomes desert like. There were no other horses here but the two i found downtown. Hopefully this will be far enough away from humanity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:38 pm

I slowed to a walk as I entered the meadow... I was unsure about it because all I had seen was four wooden walls, I flicked my tail to a fro, and shook my mane. I really had no clue how to be wild...

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:42 pm

Sitka~
I stopped before I entered the meadow.My eyes were wide with fear as I stepped in.I turned to Sacrifice."All in a days work."I said with a small smile.Then I jogged up to the strange mare."Why did you help us?'I asked suspicious.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:44 pm

I smiled back and waited for the mare to answer.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:46 pm

"Hi...i was tired of being a horse with no free will. I wanted to be wild, and this was an oppurnity to be without being alone." i replied. Independence trotted up to the other horse. "Whats your name?" Independence munched on some grass happily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Sitka~
I shrugged and guessed she was okay.I lowered my head and pulled up some grass.Yummm.I cherished with bite.This grass was very sweet.I could get used to this.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:53 pm

" My name Sacrifice..." I gave a freindly smile... " Thankyou both for what you have done today...it's a shame that Calrience couldn't be here.."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:56 pm

"Nice to meet you Sacrifice. Who is Clarice?" It was a mildly hot day, so i trotted over to the pond. I cooled down and took a long, refreshing drink.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:59 pm

" He was my friend, the one they shot.." I lowered my head...I shook my head to hide the fact I was crying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Sitka~
I sighed.This place was too perfect.I wouldn`t teach you how to be a wild horse,and it was too close to captivity for my taste."I think we should leave."I annouced.Humans could easily discover us here.And they would be looking for 2 lost horses also.
Faye
Faye
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next