Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There Goes My Life (Mature)

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

There Goes My Life (Mature) Empty There Goes My Life (Mature)

Post by • Echo Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:36 pm

In loving memory of
Holly Claire Adams
Beloved Mother and Daughter

I took a deep breath, crouching next to the slate gray headstone on my knees, hands on my thighs. The wind gently caressed my face, and I tipped my chin up, closing my eyes and breathing deeply. I wasn't sure why I was here; it just somehow felt right, sitting next to the grave of someone I didn't know yet had known my entire life. My mother. I opened my eyes, reaching out with my fingertips to gently trace the engraved lettering on the cold rock, frowning slightly, trying to pull up an image, a thought, a memory, of the woman who had raised me. There was nothing. Dropping my hand, I stared at the headstone for a moment, at the image of horses running through a stream just beneath the words. Bouquets of flowers sat on either side from people who had known her before she had died. Just a month and a half ago, at the memorial for her after the funeral, I had had several people come up to me and say things like "Oh, the last time I saw you you were a tiny young thing!" or give me their sympathies and so on. I would just simply smile and thank them, then find the quickest excuse to leave the conversation. How could I put into words that I didn't even remember her, or any of them, or tell them how awkward and out of place at the funeral? How I had spent Hours upon hours trying to come up with those seven simple words I had said in respect at the ceremony when they had asked me to give a speech on her? There was no easy way to do so. Ever since I had lost my memory... Everyone told me that I had lost it in the same car crash that killed my mother, that I had been in a coma for nearly three months, that I was lucky to be alive. I had remembered absolutely nothing about my life, and had spent a few months in rehab as I tried desperately to remember something, anything. It hadn't happened. I remembered pieces, flashes, where a song or a smell would take me back to a glorious feeling of freedom and ecstasy, of endless, open fields, the roar of the ocean, the salty sea air... But that was it.

Sighing, I brought my fingertips to my lips before pressing my slightly trembling fingers to the top of the headstone, mouthing "God be with you" before I stood. As always, my movements were slow, careful, my right leg a but stiff, my still healig ribs begging me to stop. Of course, I grit my teeth and pushed through the pain, and soon I was on my feet. Takig a deep breath and letting I out slowly, I turned back to the gravel path that weaved past every row of headstones, making my way back to the parking lot where my forest green Dodge truck was waiting. Pulling my long grey jacket tighter around my slim form, I stopped at the side of my truck, catching a glance at myself in the rearview mirror. My long, dark, almost black, hair was pulled back from my face, olive skin nicely tanned, high, sculpted, prominent cheekbones, small, rounded jaw, grey-blue irises that were rimmed with black and had a few white flecks in them, heavy, dark eyelashes, naturally dark lining in my eyelids. There was almost no excess body fat on me, I had nice, gentle curves, small breasts, was all leg and arms, mostly muscle after all the exercises I did. My ribs hardly ever hurt anymore, just when I was sitting in the cold like I had been. Shivering, I pulled open the driver's door and slid in, putting the key into the ignition and twisting until it came to life before I put my seatbelt on. But the truck wouldn't start, and I groaned inwardly. Getting back out, I walked to the front, lifting the hood up, feeling tired and empty. It seemed there was nothing left worth fighting for anymore, and I found myself thinking more and more often that it probably would have been better if I had died in the carcrash, too.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

There Goes My Life (Mature) Empty Re: There Goes My Life (Mature)

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:17 am

Walking around the old market on this chilly day I keep a eye out for people, but not the kind that you think, The kind I was looking out for were the dead kind, no not like Im going to eat you zombies or Im here to haunt you kind, just ghosts, just the dead. Letting out a breath ,ignoring the ghosts cause if you acted like you couldn't see them, they left you alone, now a lot knew that I could see and talk to them but today most where leaving me alone. Groaning softly I see a cocky ass smirk,dark brown hair,hoodie waring,ripped jeans waring guy or as I knew him Joey. He strolled over to me, girls didn't giggle and watch him walk past so I knew he was invisible to everyone but me...great "what do you want?" I hissed out as I walked shoving my hands into my black hoodie. He chuckled and walked beside me "now thats not very nice, can't I just hang out with my favorite girl?" He asked in a cocky tone and put his arm around my shoulders. I glared up and over at him getting weird looks from people cause to them I was glaring at nothing not a cocky jerk that had his arm around my shoulders.

We walked past a flower shop and a old farmer ghost called out to me "miss? can I talk to you" biting my lip I looked around and walked over to him, "hang on" I said in a low tone then pulled out my phone and put it to my ear and pushed Joey off me "ok what?" I asked looking at him, putting his hands in his pockets he looked at me " I need you help, see it's my Milly's birthday today see? and I need you to put a bouquet of flowers on her grave for me" I sighed softly "you want me to put a bouquet of flowers on your wife's grave?" He nodded "please it makes her feel remember, and that the grandkids loved her" He looked like a man that really loved his wife even in the after life so I gave in "alright I'll do it just tell me what her favorite flower is and wheres her gave is" He told me and thanks to me before he disappeared. "aww aren't you nice babe" Joey said as I paid for the flowers, I shot him a glare as the girl behind the counter of the little shop smile became brighter which meant people could see him, He slipped his arm around my waist this time and grinned at the girl, I rolled my eyes,turned on my heels and walked out of the shop trying to ignore Joey's arm around my waist.

I or we walking to the cemetery and I finely pushed Joey off "would you stop it? jeez I want to kill you" I growled out as I quicken my pace as I walked across the short grass looking for this Milly's head stone. I really didn't like cemetery's cause there full of ghosts and not all of them were friendly. Joey easily matched my pace with his long stride "sorry sweets but Im already dead" "To bad I'd like to kill you" I growled out "and stop fallowing me!" I snapped. He rolled his eyes but stopped to give me some space, so why was a ghost fallowing me around? well his was kinda my guardian, someone to make sure I didn't get into to much trouble...when most of the time I was the one saving his ass. Getting to Milly's grave stone, I drop to my knees and smiled softly "you've love Milly" I said softly and gently lay the flowers on her grave, I just sat there for a little while in the chilly air, my dark brown hair with copper highlights in it framed my face, temporary hiding the scar that went across my right cheek and shading my Gold,Brown,and Green eyes that looks like you swirled them with a stick eyes. With a sigh I stood up and looked around not seeing Joey or anyone else, huh thats a little weird. Walking back I looked around for Joey "Joey? where are you?" Stopping short when I see a girl around my age looking under the hood of a green dodge truck I walked over to her with a light smile "hey need so help?" I asked just as Joey pops up beside me "did ya miss me sweets?" I slapped a hand over my mouth to stop the screech that wanted to come out from Joey and gave him a death look, then I remember the girl that I just asked if she needed help. Blushing I drop my hand "sorry about that, whats the matter?" I asked walking closer and peered into the truck standing on tiptoes cause my 5'2 small frame could barely see into the hood as it was. Joey strolled over standing beside me " ya know I could pick you up so you can see or I could look at this myself" I shot him another death glare "no your not going to just pop up and scare her" I hissed at him under my breath as my eyes snapped with anger.
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:26 pm

Jacy sighed as she peered under the hood, propping the top up with the folding bar, a but afraid to touch parts of the engine since she could see a bit of steam in the cool morning air. Letting out her breath in a huff, she reached down tocheck a few of the cables. Man, if this was going to happen every cold morning, she needed a new truck, if she could scrape up the money to buy one. She jumped slightly at the sudden voice behind her, lifting her head up and turning to look in the voice's direction as a small girl looking her age came over. She opened her mouth to reply, but just then she jumped, too, and brought her hand across her mouth, and Jacy frowned, confused now.

"Are you okay?" she asked, more surprised and confused than concerned, watching as she blushed and dropped her hand, walking over. "Uhm, no, it's fine, its not exactly the best truck, I'll just take it back in... again," she said with a sigh, pushing a strand of her dark brown hair from in front of her grayish blue eyes, standing at least five inches taller than the girl, being 5.7. She glanced over as the girl hissed something under her breath. "I'm sorry, did you say something?" she asked, feeling even more uncomfortable and confused than before. She brushed the thought off as though it were nothing, putting it to the back of her mind intend of judging her right now when she didn't even know the girl's name. "I'm Jacy Epperson, it's nice of you to want to help, but I honestly think she can't be saved many more tines," she said with an almost hesitant, forced laugh. It felt weird to laugh; she didn't know how she was supposed to feel or bow she was supposed to act, but she had guessed at remorse for the funeral and the memorial, but she had a feeling she was still supposed to be doing that.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:48 pm

With a light smile I looked at her " I know how that is,maybe I can get it working so you can drive it to the shop" I said a faint blush still on my cheeks, Peering into the engien, she asked me if I said anything and before I could think I mumbled a "yeah I have a cocky jerk ghost stalking me" Realizing that I had said that I blushed again and looked at her "oh no sorry I was talking to myself" Joey chuckled amused "dang girl your digging quiet a hole" Gritting my teeth from snapping at him I looked at the girl and smiled when she said her name and that the truck was too old to be saved "Im Biff, and I think your right about the truck" Taking a small step from under the hood. "Maybe I can help" I heard a voice and groaned closing my eyes please oh please tell me Joey didn't just pop up and talk. I opened my eyes and groaned again as I confirmed it, Joey had popped up suddenly by the look on Jacy's face. Joey with a easy grin Looked under the hood and fiddled with a few things like it ws normal for a him to show himself to people suddenly and sadly it was normal for him.

I sighed and looked at Jacy "yeah you can run now screaming that you've seen a ghost" I said grimly and people wonder why I couldn't get a date? Joey looked over at us "nah she doesn't look like the freaking out type, now do you have a tool box or anything?" I shot him a death glare "I.will.kill.you" I grounded out at him then looked at the girl who looked so confused on what to do run and scream or call the cops on us. "I can't even explain how sorry I am right now"
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Jacy
I smiled lightly, forcing my lips to tip upward for just an instant before it disappeared. "Yeah, I'm not so sure that will actually be possible, before I needed new spark plugs, then tires, then the engine was glitchy, needed new brakes, next I'll need an entirely new engine! It'll be a shame if I can't get it working again, after everything I've put into it," I say, shaking my head slightly. Giving her a quizzical look, I brush it off. "Yeah, I feel like that sometimes," I say quietly. "Well, it's... Nice, to meet you, Biff?" I ask her name again to make sure I heard her right. Turnig my head slightly, I'm a bit surprised to see a boy standing by us, having not heard any footsteps come up go us. I shook my head. "Oh no, I honestly think this is-" I start, then frown, tilting my head slightly at Biff. "Wait, what? Why would I run away, screaming or something? Just because he's a more quiet walker doesn't mean I'm going to flip at seeing him standing around," I say, a little defensive that she thought I was that jumpy. "Sorry for what?" I ask, looking from Biff to the boy, lips parted slightly, feeling uneasy.

Oh my gosh, it's so short!
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:55 pm

Biff~
I smiled with a nod "ok my real name is Buffy like the tv show? I like Biff way better" I finished with a shrug.Then looked at Joey and went back to glaring at him boy if he wasn't already dead I would kill him. Joey smirked at me with a 'ha I told you so' look, making me bristle "nah just let me look at this, I bet I can get her running to the shop" He said and went into the back on the truck and grinned grabbing a toolbox and strolling back to the front like this was perfectly normal. I groaned putting my head in one hand then looked up at Jacy wait she thought he was just a quiet walker? boy was he ever but not for the reasons she thinks...whatever lets roll with this. "no never mind,it's nothing" I smiled at her as Joey chuckled his hands down under the hood "yeah see lighten up sweets" Joey said over his shoulder, I took a deep breath to calm myself "sorry the jerk over there is Joey"
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Jacy
I lifted my chin up slightly in a sort of nod. "Ah, I see," I say, though I really didn't, nt having any clue as to what show she was talking about. Maybe I would look that up, later, if I got time. I looked over at Joey when he grabbed a tool kit of mine, arching my eyebrows, feelin a bit irritated, though I didn' let it show and didn't say anything. "I'm not so sure of that..." I say quietly, then look at Biff. "Is he your brother or something?" I asked when she gave me his name. They didn't look very much alike, but it sounded awkward even in my head to ask if he was your boyfriend, so I substituted the word for brother.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:42 am

Biff~
I groaned softly and let my head hang for a sec as Joey works on the truck and Jacy looks at me, my head shot up when she asked if he was my brother "what? god no!" I said quickly with a half horrified look on my face, I would have killed him myself long ago if Joey was my brother....ha then he would haunt me..like normal. Joey glanced over at me brows raised and I shot him a warning look then looked at back at Jacy "hes...well it's hard to explain, and Im really sorry for the way hes just taking over your truck" I said with a half smile. Something caught the corner of my eye making me suck in a breath, A older man dressed in old army clothes started for us. "not now.." I moaned out softly and ran a hand over my face, could life get any better? Joey looked over and chuckled with a smirk seeing Old man Hank walking to us with his normal scowl. I finely meet someone who thinks Im half way normal and then ghosts come and ruin it. "Look Jacy, what ever I say or do I swear to you Im fine and please don't run" I said in a pleading tone, Joey snickered about to give me a smart ass comment "you shut it before I take a wrench to your head" I snapped pointing a finger at his and looked at Old man Hank "can I help you?" I asked in a wary tone now, please oh please Jacy don't run away..I need a friend so bad, but to her I was talking to thin air and not a dead person.
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Jacy
I forced a half-hearted smile that barely tipped up the corners of my lips. "Nah, it's fine, I seriously doubt he can do any more real damage to the poor thing," I say, leaning slightly against the door, lifting my right foot gently off the ground and rolling my ankle to loosen it. "What's wrong?" I ask, hearing her mutter under her breath. Joey chuckled and I arched my eyebrows at him. "Wait, what are you talking about, saying something weird?" I ask. So far these two were becoming a really strange couple. My eyebrows flew up at Joey's snicker and Biff's comment to him, looking back at her as she turned away from us. "Help who? Who are you talking to?" I ask, a little freaked out and irritated that no one was giving me a straight answer. Maybe today hadn't been exactly the best day to come to the cemetery.

Sorry it's so short
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:48 pm

Biff~
Sighing I looked at Old man Hank then glanced over at Jacy and gave a weak smile "if I tell you, then you'll freak out" Joey looked at us "ah just tell her sweets, she hasn't run away yet" Hank looked at me with a scowl and crossed his arms "can we get back to me" he snapped "right sorry what car I help you with?" I asked hands shoved into my pockets a wary look on my face "I need you to talk to those young brats, they keep annoying me" he growled out and I sighed. Joey chuckled looking at us "oh that will be fun" Jacy was looking at me like I grew two more heads, Taking a deep breath I looked over at Jacy, ignoring Joey and old man Hank now "look, I can see and talk to ghosts" I held up a hand "yes I know thats impossible and freaky as hell but I can, the smart ass over there" I nodded my head at Joey "its a ghost, thats supposed to be my Guardian and right now I've got a old man ghost in my face" I finish with a sigh and looked at her praying that she wouldn't leave. Hank scowled looking at me and joey just smirked and chuckled watching.

its all good
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Jacy
My jaw dropped slightly as I looked at her. "Ghosts? You're kidding, right?" I ask, my eyes sliding over to Joey. "He's a- what? How?" Heat flooded my cheeks when I realized how that sounded. "But aren't ghosts supposed to be, well, can't be seen?" I ask, sure by now that the of them must be playing some kind of joke. I had seen and talked to Joey, watched him grab my toolbox, and start to work on my truck, so how could he be a ghost? I shook my head slightly. "If this is some kind of sick joke..." I muttered to myself.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Biff~
I sighed and looked over at Jacy "oh god how I wish I was kidding but really Im not, I meant it before when I said ghosts are stalking me" Joey grinned looking at us leaning against the truck "true most are unseen but Im special sweets" Biff wasn't to strangle Joey but held back, looking back at Hank I sighed again rubbing my forehead "I'll see what I can do sir" He grumbled a "you better" then disappeared. Letting my head hang I let out a breath, "this isn't some sick joke, tho I wish it was, but honestly I can see ghosts and Joey it one" Joey chuckled "now you see me" he disappeared to Jacy "and now you don't" "she can't hear you stupid" I mumbled Josy rolled his eyes and came back into view for Jacy "see?" god how I wished the earth would swallowing me.
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Jacy
I just shook my head slightly, shocked and confused, starting slightly when Joey just disappeared, only to reappear a moment later when Biff snapped at him. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry, this, this is just too, much," I say, shaking my head slightly as I look from one to the other, feeling more lost and out of place than usual. "I just- I'm sorry," I say, still shaking my head as I turn, feeling a need to get away from the two and clear my head.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Biff~
I smiled sadly and nodded "yeah I understand, its ok" shoving my hands into my pockets I looked at her with a sad smile "so I'll maybe see you around?" I asked a hint of hope laced in my words, Joey for once in his life stayed quiet and just watched us. "come on Joey, leave her alone so she can think with out you around" I mustered up a smile with a small wave of my hand then start across the parking lot. Joey looked at Jacy then strolled after me.
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:03 am

Jacy
My body acted as if I were in shock, my heartbeat calm, breathing normal, jerky movements, and all that good stuff, but my mind was still clear as a bell, and I paused to shake it back and forth a few times once. Keys in my pocket, I numbly made my way towards the autoshop that I had been to a couple times, probably more actually, though I couldn't remember past the accident everyone had told me about. But instead, I took a different route, walking through the town, alongside the park for a few minutes, before walking into a thrift store for some reason.

The bell above the door chimed at the entrance, and a man at the counter lifted his head and smiled at me, but said nothing. Shaking my head slightly as I walked randomly around the shelves, I couldn't help but feel I was being watched, yet everytime I looked back at the counter, the man had his head bent over a piece of paper, scrawling furiously.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Biff~
Walking across the parking lot, my shoulders hunched over, eyes on the ground with hot tears stinging the back of them, my hair veiled over my face luckily so no one could see the tears. You would think that I was used to people getting weirded out by me and leaving and normally it just rolled off my shoulders but this time, it was like a slap in the face and it stung."Sweets wait up" Joey called strolling after me, thats when I lost it, whirling around as a few tears spilled over "Just leave me the hell alone!" I snapped at him " I didn't ask for this! I didn't ask to see ghosts! just leave me alone, I want a normal life" I snapped at him, then took off across the street and ran down the sidewalk dodging people and ghosts alike.

"Biff!" running after me Joey growled under his breath, but I wasn't listening as I ran blindly down the sidewalk, my sneakers making a steady 'thump thump' as I ran. I didn't want this, I wanted a normal life to have a boyfriend and friends, to be able to hang out with people with out worrying about ghosts coming and ruining everything. "Dammit Biff stop!" Joey said catching up to me and grabbing me by the arm and stopping me, "now just stop before you get yourself killed" He said with a firm grip around mu upper arm, sniffling I glared at him, it didn't even faze him "now how about we get some take out, rent a couple movies and veg out tonight" I sighed and wiped my eyes with my free hand "Fine but I still hate you" He chuckled and slipped a arm around my shoulders "thats fine with my sweets"

Still sniffling as we walk along, we stop at my favorite take out place, got a load of food then walked to my house Joey still his arm around my shoulders as we walked, me sniffling and wiping my eyes with my free hand, Joey just kept quiet, stopping at the door, he took a set of keys from his pocket and unlocked,pushed the door open and smirked at me "Come on Sweets" I pushed past him, kicked my shoes off and walked into the living room and curled up on the couch.
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:37 pm

Jacy
Looking around, I ran through a checklist in my mind, finally grabbing a new set of sparkplugs. I had been meaning to replace mine for a long time, hopefully that would be the problem and I wouldn't have to actually call a towtruck. Sighing, still feeling as though I were being watched, I paid for the sparkplugs at the counter, thinking about how strangely the silent the shop was. I had never noticed anything unusual here before, but now my skin prickles and crawled uncomfortably. The bell chime was eerie and out of place, and I hurried quickly away. The walk back to the cemetery was long, with me constantly throwing glances behind me, though no one was ever there. In fact, no one was anywhere. Shaking the thought from my mind, I kept my head low and hurried on. When I finally made it back to the cemetery, I forgot all aboutthe sparkplugs and climbed in, twisting the key before I remembered. But thetruck had already started. Puzzled, I frowned and got out, carefully lifting the hood up. Everything seemed to be running smoothly now, but I turned the truck off and changed the spark plugs anyway. 'It's just glitchy,' I kept telling myself.

Climbing back in, I hesitated before I turned the truck on and just stared down atthe keys in the ignition. Leaning across the seat to open the glove compartment, I looked out over the dash just to see a bloody, toothy grin smiling sinisterly at me. Bolting straight up, mouth open in a cry that was stuck in my throat, I looked back at te hood, but nothing was there not. Not a strand of hair nor a drop of blood, just the sticking image in my mind. Heart beating wildly, hands shaking, I fumbled with the key, thinking how the face had been oddly familiar, though I couldn't place it. I finally got my old green Chevvy to start and pulled out quickly, ignoring the 5-miles per hour speed limit law in parking lots. I sped most of the way to the old house I lived in. It was an old Victorian styled house, with tiled shingles and metal working on all the windows, which now had glass put in, but alwaysthe original wooden doors. The paint used to be white with red trimmings, but now there was very little indication as to what it used to be; the iron wrought gates were sagging, the cottonwood tree in the middle of the circle driveway looked forgone and abandoned, most of the hinges on the windows were broken, the porch boards were loose. Many local kids said it was haunted but, until now, I had never noticed quite how creepy it actually was.

Shutting the car off, I just stared up at the house for a momen before walking in. The house was quiet and still, almost as though it were holding its breath and waiting, but for what? Walking down the hallway from the door, I stopped something, a picture hanging on the wall catching my attention. The young boy the portrait was of couldn't be older than eight, with longish dark brown hair, shining olive skin, and grey eyes. My identical little brother who had supposedly been killed as well in the crash. But it wasn't him similarity to me that caught my eye; in my mind, his eyes were hollowing of, turning yellow, his skin becoming pale, his hair oily and wispy, the edges of his neck becoming long and bloody, severed in uneven frays. Cuts dragged themselves across his cheeks and down his neck, becoming older, festering. I felt my stomach lift, seeing the identical image that had been on the dash. Turning, I fled down the hall, up two flights of stairs to the third floor, darting into the safety of a random room. Falling to the ground on my knees, I sat down on the backs of my legs, falling forward and covering my head with my arms.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Joey walked into the living room after he locked the door and set the bags on the coffee table and glanced over at me "Here eat this Sweets" he said handing over a box of beef and broccoli sit fry with chop sticks, I take it with a glare and start eating it with a 'happy now?' look, he chuckled and smirked and sat down o the other side of the couch with the remote in hand. Eating I ignore him and the uneasy feeling that was settling in my stomach, I really didn't give a damn about ghosts right now, I just wanted to pig out of the take out we got and then get some sleep.

Joey glanced over at me with his mouth full "You feel that right?" I nodded and keep eating looking at the tv, he set down the box of food and looked at me "Then why aren't we doing something about it? " he asked and I shrugged my shoulders looking at the tv "Don't feel like it" He snorted and looked at me "You don't feel like it? So your going to let someone die because you don't feel like it?" he growled out and I just nodded "yup, I really don't give a damn right now, maybe someone else will get this curse and get to deal with this" I said dryly. Joey looked at me, his jaw set "Look, I know your upset but Im not about to let someone die cause of it" He growled out and stood up "Now get up"he ordered and I glared at him "No, Im not going to risk my life to save someone who calls me a freak" He set his jaw and before I could protest, he yanked me up and shoved me to the door "Joey! stop!" I yelled trying to plant my feet on the floor to stop, He looked down at me "No, get moving, Im not about to let someone die Biff" I sighed giving up "Fine!" I snapped back.

He guided me back to the car, put me in then jumped into the drivers side. Pulling out of the drive, he looked around then started down the road "Which way Sweets?" he asked and I sighed "Take a right, then a left and stay on the road" I mumbled curling up in my seat, not wanting to do this but Joey had a point, not that I would tell him that but I couldn't let someone die because I was having a bad day. Joey did as I say and slowed down glancing at me "Which house?" He asked and I sat up looking around "The one that looks haunted" I mumbled dryly, Joey nodded and pulled into the drive looking around at the house. With a sigh I get out and looked at the house, there was defiantly something here. "Come on, lets go" I said walked to the porch and knocked on the door looking around, the hairs on my back stood straight up and my stomach tightened "Joey?" I called looking over my shoulder for him, He gave me a light grin and placed a hand on my shoulder "Im here Sweets" This was one of those times I was glad to have him with me, I knocked on the door again "Hello? Anyone here?" I called trying the door nob to see if it was unlocked.
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Jacy
Slowly, I pulled my upper body up, hands now on my thighs, propping myself up and looking at the room I was in. The light blue drapes were pulled firmly over the single window, and the side of the house the window was on was swathed in shadows, making the room that much more darker. There were a few bookcases and a desk facing the door under the window. Some kind of study, probably, I thought drly to myself. My own house, and I didn't know what half the rooms were, and there was really only two I could stand to be in. Slowly getting to my feet, the gruesome image of the decapitated head still stuck in my mind, I wandered over to the desk. There was a big photo album on the top. Carefully, I lifted the cover and peered in at the pictures, to find myself staring at Me. The Me in the photo was smiling, hair pulled back from her face in a high ponytail, wearing some kind of black tank-top jersey with cyan lining and words. The shorts were also black, tight, with many different shades of blue streaking across it in splatters. There was a red, white, and blue medal around my neck, and I was holding up three others on my arms. In the background was a green football field. Looking closer, at the jersey, I saw the words:
Borrego Springs Highschool
Track and Field
V

It makes sense, I guess, I thought to myself. I knew from what others had told me that that was the highschool I had gone to, and that I had run Cross Country, played Soccer, and jumped in Track and Field, plus the 800 in a distance medley. Flipping through the pages, I saw that most of the images were on me. I was busy flipping through when I voice seemed to call through the house. Jumping, I slammed the album shut as though I were a little kid caught doing something bad and spun around, only to find that the voice had been from downstairs. "Sheesh, there's a functional doorbell for a reason," I muttered quietly to myself. Grabbing the photo album, finding two more under the desk, I hurried out of the room and down the stairs, dropping the albums on a table in the hallway as I nearly ran to get the door, traces of adrenaline still in my veins from the shock. "Coming," I called down the hall on my way, and, once I got there, pulled the door open.

"Hey, you were at the cemetary!" I blurted, sure my shock was evident on my face, then blushed. "I'm sorry, I don't think. Biff, right? And... Jake?" I asked, feeling embarassed and surprised/
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:20 pm

Shifting from foot to foot I looked at the door, the uneasy feeling hanging on me, making me a little jumpy and scared but Joey gently squeezed my shoulder and gave me that easy cocky smile of his, "Is it that think?" he asked and I nodded "yeah, it can't be good" I said looking around the yard and then back up at Joey "Can everyone see you?" I asked and he grinned down at me "Why want me all for yourself?" he asked and I rolled my eyes and elbowed him in the guy "Oh funny Joey" He laughed rubbing his stomach "Yes, everyone can see me" He said and slipped a arm around my shoulder when I jumped at a car door slamming.

The door finely opened when I went to knock on the door again and jumped a little dropping my hand back to my side, seeing who it was, the shock was clearly on her face and I gave a weak smile "Yeah, that was us" I chuckled when she called Joey, Jake "Close its Joey" he said looking into the house.Something drifted out making me shutter and look at Jacy "Look your going to think Im a even bigger freak but theres something in your house and...well I can feel it" I said running the back of my neck blushing lightly. Joey let go of me and slipped into the house looking around "So this is where you live?" he asked Jacy with a 'you've got to be kidding me' look and I rolled my eyes at him then looked at Jacy "Sorry about him, but can we come in?"
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:59 pm

Jacy
I shook my head slightly, eyes never leaving them, embarrassed and confused. "Joey, right, sorry," I mumble, dropping my gaze down to our feet again until Biff spoke again. "There's what in my house? What exactly do you mean?" I ask, feeling a bit of irritation and dread at knowingthat I probably wouldn't be ableto get rid of these two again for at least a while, and also confused at what she meant when she said she could 'feel it'. As I asked, Joey slipped past me into the house and I let out a little "Hey," of protest, though I knew it would do next to nothing, if even that. I shrugged slightly, turning back to Biff. "Sure, you're already in," I say bluntly, feeling exhausted and worn out, sure they could hear it in my voice and hoping they might take the hint. I let the door swing open more to let her in, turning to watch Joey in an almost protective manner, though, really, I probably wouldn't give a damn if he broke anything in the house much past the fact that then I would have to fix it. It wasn't as if I was actually attached to anything here. "It's been in the family?" I asked, voice still strained and weak, to Joey's comment, knowing little to nothing about the house. I had been told, however, that my family had lived in the town since it was founded way back when, and I had always Jair assumed that the house had also been built back then and that they had lived in it ever since. Or something like that, anyway. It was defiantly old enough to have been built back then.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Sighing I looked at her with a wary worn out look, the only reason I was here was because of Joey, I wasn't looking forward to talking and helping out the girl that basically called her a freak and ran away. "Look, I don't know yet, but its something that could harm you, and cause I can see them, Im supposed to help people out and get ride of the bad things" I ended with a sigh and looked at her trying to pull together a smile, Joey grinned looking over at us from inside her house "She a real life ghost buster!" Wincing at the really lame joke that got old the hundredth time he said it. Looking at Jacy I winced again at the blunt tone, you would think I was used to people getting pissy and rude with me, yes I was but it still hit home every now and then "Look Im sorry ok?" I mumbled walking past her, I knew she wanted us to leave but I couldn't hell I wanted to leave but Joey wouldn't let me. Giving a shutter I swallowed hard. the hairs on the back of my neck standing up, slowly walking deeper into the house looking around, it felt like something heavy was sitting on my chest, something really bad was here. "Joey?" I asked in a small voice,"Im here Sweets" feeling his hand on my shoulder I let out a breath and glanced back at Jacy "What happened before we got here?" I asked stopping and looked at her, "And please just tell me, I don't want to be here anymore then you want me here" Joey squeezed my shoulder again giving me a look, letting out a breath I looked at her.
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:01 pm

Jacy
Pulling the door closed behind her as she came in, I leaned against the wall in the hall and watched them. When she asked what had happened, I just shook my head slightly.
"Nothing," was the immediate reply, but my eye caught the picture frame and I shrugged slightly. "Well, the picture-forget it, it's nothing," I say with a shrug. How would I be able to put it into words anyway? Besides, I'd had a concussion. This was probably just part of the aftermath. Great. Hullucinations. What next?
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Biff
I looked at her and sighed "Please just tell me" it saved time and more things from happening, like both of us staying alive. She looked over at a picture hanging on the wall, my eyes fallowed "The picture what?" I asked looking at it, walking slowly over to it until I was standing in front of it and shaking "Sweets?" whats wrong?" Joey asked looking at me a little worried. I didn't answer him "Jacy, tell me what happened" I said again and finely torn my eyes from the picture and looked at her "Trust me it won't sound crazy, just tell me" Joey looked at the picture then at us putting his hand back on my shoulder to get my body to stop shaking and calm down.
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Jacy
I shook my head slightly, getting a little defensive. "Look, why does it even matter, he's dead anyway," I say, arms folded over my chest, not in a rude way. I shook my head again. I didn't want to relive it; the experience had been hard enough the first time, and why would it make a difference to them or what was in my house? I had already decided I was crazy. With a slight start, I realized I was actually buying what they were saying about my house. My. The word felt strange to me. Nothing was actually mine, it was my family's, and they weren't here, I didn't even know them, really. I felt like a stranger, an intruder taking advantage of what was their's, which they weren't even here to claim anymore. I rubbed my arms slightly, goosebumps on my skin. "Look, I really have no idea what's going on, and you already told me you don't have an answer, and I really don't know how I can help you or anything," I say, fumbling for words.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum