Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

. Gone Missing , And Worth A Million . {open ; intermediate rp}

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

. Gone Missing , And Worth A Million . {open ; intermediate rp} Empty . Gone Missing , And Worth A Million . {open ; intermediate rp}

Post by Sammi Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:21 pm

. Gone Missing , And Worth A Million . {open ; intermediate rp} 12886

"LOST OR STOLEN HORSE: $1,000,000 DOLLAR REWARD IF FOUND. 8 YEAR OLD PALOMINO MARE . QUARTER HORSE. PLEASE CALL LINDA WESTISHIRE 1(800)666-5901" The posters had been posted all over town. Every telephone pole and store had it shown on their windows. The missing mare was the prized possesion of the richest woman in town, and when people heard the news, they rolled their eyes at her, telling her to "just get a new one" and "stop fussing." But Linda would not rest until the $5,000,000 mare she had bought and shipped from Australia was back in her big padded stall.

What Linda hadnt realized, was that her 'number one barrel mare' had not been stolen or just wondered off, oh no, Bailey had purposely ran away from her fancy stables because of the overwhelming prissy treatment she was given. She had ran off blindly on Thursday night. She ran through the forest, down streets, through fields, and she had no idea where she was headed. The night was slowly ending on Saturday, and dawn was fast approaching.

The palomino mare weaved through small trees, the reflection from the golden nametag that read "Bailey" on her black leather halter shimmered in the growing sunlight. The young mare trotted on, until she felt the ground turn from the hard dry soil of the forest, to the squishy mud of the swamp. Her pace slowed, and the mare walked with her knees held a little higher, her muscles rippling in the morning sun, the drops of water shimmering off her golden pelt.

The mare carried on, and the swamp grew muddier and deeper, at one point the water was up to the mares chest, but she had gotten through the worst of it. Or so she thought. Just when he reached higher ground, the snap and pop of gunfire startled the horse, and she reared up, kicking her legs into the air and letting out a shrill whinny. Bailey stepped back with her rear legs, and the ground gave way below her, causing her to fall onto her back in the muddy 12 inch high water. She thrashed around, struggling to get back to her feet, screaming and whinnying for help.

When she finally managed to roll herself over and stand up, Bailey realized a bigger problem had emerged. Her halter had caught onto a tree's thick branch, and her left hind ankle was throbbing, and she could hardly put any pressure on it. Too weak and tired to struggle any longer, the million dollar mare gave up, and stood in the early morning light of the swamp, her golden pelt hardly visible as it was covered with mud, and her left hind leg held high in the air. She called for help, hoping, praying somebody would be out to find her..

{what im looking for is a human of some sort to come along and find her...and the story tells itself Very Happy }
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

. Gone Missing , And Worth A Million . {open ; intermediate rp} Empty Re: . Gone Missing , And Worth A Million . {open ; intermediate rp}

Post by Saviour Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:20 pm

[ Do you mind if I join?? ]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

. Gone Missing , And Worth A Million . {open ; intermediate rp} Empty Re: . Gone Missing , And Worth A Million . {open ; intermediate rp}

Post by Sammi Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:16 pm

{ go right ahead! }
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:02 am

[ Kay ]

Emma

"Mom, I'm going out for a ride, can I take Smoke?" I called over my shoulder as I headed down the hallway. I grabbed my black wool jacket and Smoke's halter along the way. "Sure hun, go right ahead" My mother's voice came from the dining room. She was always cooking, or so it seemed. Nearly every second of every day was spent with mother in her small little kitchen, cooking biscuits or baking a casserole. I take a deep breath. Oh, yum, tonight would be hamburgers. I could smell her special seasoning, as well as the freshly cut onions and tomatoes that came from our little garden. "Be back for dinner!" I say and open the heavy front door. I practically bounced down the stairs as I tucked my arms inside the jacket sleeves. "Smoke! Come're boy!" I said in a playful tone. The 15 year old gelding pranced youthfully over and pressed his light grey chest against the wooden gate. I smile big and stroke his velvet-smooth muzzle. "Hey boy, let's see if we can find you a cookie.." I said, rummaging in the coat pockets before frowning. "I'll check the barn" I say, slipping his carved nose and ears inside the halter and then leading him outside the pasture. He turned his rump outwards and rested his nose against my shoulder. With a sudden burst of energy, I lifted my short frame up onto his tall, slender back. With a small click nose from my mouth and a squeeze of my legs, Smoke lifted into a light canter towards the barn. The wind wipped my hair in rhythm to the grey horse's gait. He slowed when we reached the big red doors, and I slide gracefully to the ground and landed with a soft thud. I push hard to open the old and squeaky barn. The scent of grain and hay, and leather and apples hit me straight on like the boom of a gun. With a big breath, I step forward and tie Smoke loosely to a wooden support beam. He grunted slightly in discomfort, but relaxed. He was the kind of horse who was nice when he was untied, but grumpy when he was tied. I chuckle and grab a few carrots and place them inside a black bucket. "Here, ya old grump" I tease and set them down infront of him. His massive head was quickly inside the bucket, and the sound of his crunching teeth made me feel light and happy inside. Horses were my main source of joy and triumph, the one thing I could call my own. His saddle was smaller, fit for me and my mom, and had a nice feminine flow to it. The edges were rounded perfectly, and the leather was burned to have an intricate design of paisleys and swirls. I brush off his blanket and place it just over his whithers, as well as the saddle. I secure the straps and adjust the stirrups. Finally, I undo Smoke's halter and replace it with his bridle. He played with the cold bit for a little bit, and I let him, then I picked up the bucket and hung his halter. After what seemed a lifetime, I mounted the grey gelding and we rode off towards the plateaus.

The shrill whinnie of a horse in distress caused Smoke to round away from my command and whirl into a rearing position. I couldn't help but let out a small squeal, but quickly reacted to his skittery behaviour. I pull the reins down gently, telling him to back up. He was forced to let his fore-hooves fall to the ground and back up. I proceed to flex him, by pulling the reins far enough so he touched his nose to his shoulder. When I could feel his chest move fluently, and normally, I allowed him to move forward. I started him at a walk, then moved up to a canter and gallop through the gaits. The horse called out again, and I turned Smoke in it's direction. Soon, I could see the landscape change to marsh and muck. "Woahh" I tell my gelding, and dismount. I loop his reins securely around a thick, black willow tree and pat his shoulder. I set out to try and find the horse, and soon came upon what looked like a marsh monster coming out of the depths. She was grunting, and her breathing was hard. "Hey girl, it's okay, it's okay" I say, taking my handkerchief out of my coat pocket. I gently brush the mud out of her eyes, ears, and nostrils. How was I supposed to get her out of here? I pull out my phone and check its signal... nothing. My lips purse tightly and I make a disgruntled sound. Next, I stood up and rummaged through my saddle bag. Finally, I found a thick rope. Tying it around the mare's chest and shoulders, I tie the other end to my saddle and mount Smoke. Taking Smoke's reins from the tree and signalling him to step forward. He moved slowly, gaining in speed as momentum made it easier for him to pull her. After around ten minutes, the horse emerged from the muck and grime and I could tell her breed. I dismount quickly and check her health. This horse was worth a million! How did she end up out here?!
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:04 am

. Gone Missing , And Worth A Million . {open ; intermediate rp} Jane-levy
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammi Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:37 am

Baileys ears whirled around on the top of her head, she could hear the distant hopd beats of a horse, and she could somewhat smell the scent of a human. She called out with all her might, breathing heavily. When the horse and rider came into view, the mare whinnied, kicking out her front legs in the mush of the swamp, struggling to stand up. She almost succeeded, but her injured hind leg caused her to topple over once again.

Hearing the voice of the human girl somewhag soothed the troubled mare, and her reathing steadied slowly. She let out a soft nicker, reaching her soft muzzle out to rub against the girls leg. She looked ar her with shommering eyes, begging to be helped. There was silence for a moment, and then Bailey felt the roughness of ropes wrapped around her torso. She kicked around a few times before she realized the humans strategies and calmed down.

She was pulled out of the mud, and the back of her fancy halter became unstuck from the twiggy tree. The mare nickered, looking at the girl for a few short seconds before she began thrashing he hooves about, planting them on the ground so she could stand up. One small movement at a time, the stocky mare stood on all four, well three, hooves. Her fourth left hind leg was held up, her ankle dangling in the air.

Bailey looked at the girl with kind eyes, and limped forward, pressing her muzzle against the girls cheek.
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:43 am

Relief showered over me as the mare managed to stand. She pressed her muzzle against my chilled cheek, streaking the brown/green mud across my pale white face. "Good girl" I say and rub her forhead soothingly. I didn't quite know what to do about her back leg just yet, but I hoped she'd be able to somewhat walk from the forest.

Smoke snorted jealously in the background and I giggled. "Chill, bud, you're fine" I say and turn back to the mare. Now about her leg... I cautiously take a few steps to her hind leg and squat down. I knew that some horses became very aggitated when someone tried to examine their injuries, so I took great care in not hurting or startling the horse. I look up at her, and frown slightly.

"Can you move it?" I asked her, hoping she would understand what I was asking. My hazel/green eyes reflected the dying orange light, making them appear more golden and honey-coloured than green and blue/grey.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammi Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:49 am

Bailey looked toward the girls horse, and cocked her head. She stretched out her neck and bobbed her head, a soft nicker escaping her lips as she greeted the gelding. "Hi.." she smiled shyly. When she heard thefootsteps of the moving girl, the golden mare flinched a little and took a side step to one side, then turned to look at the girl.

She was solthed by the calmness in her voice, and flicked her ears back as she felt the girls hands run allng the side of her stomach. Her injured foot teitched a little at the girls touch, and Bailey thrned her head to look back, and she let put a soft nicker. She placed her injured leg on the ground for a few seconds before she picked it back up when it began to burn, the pain expanding up her spine.

She flicked her tail, looking at the human.
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:53 am

I nod softly and stand up again. Brushing my jeans off quietly and running a hand tenderly down her smoothly swooping back. I flick the mud off and shake my head. "You need a bath, girl" I say with a smile and look over at Smoke. He had whickered to the mare in a horsey hello just a few seconds ago. That's when I got it. "Smoke, do you mind if she leans on you for support?" I asked. I'd have to walk back, but it wasn't terribly far.

"Where's your owner?" I ask the sweet mare, not expecting much of a response but just commenting.

[ Sorry so short ]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammi Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:00 am

{its ok :p}

Bailey closed her eyes, whickering at the girls touch. She seemed to know the righ places to touch a horse, because they felt good. It was either that, or Bailey just hadnt been touched by human hands in a while. She opened her brown eyes and looked at the girl, watching as she stepped ahead of her, walking toward the other horse. Bailey thought about what she was supposed to do for a moment, and then she took a step forward, then another, then another, until she was gimping slowly, following the girl and her horse.

When she heard the girls question, Bailey just looked at her and dropped her head, her leather halter jingling a little with every movement she made. Her mud-crested coat rubbed against Smoke's and she looked at the gelding, inspecting him like she did every horse and human that she met. Her eyes then ran over the girls, and she let out a loud sigh, dropping her head as they walked on.
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:07 am

Emma

"You two are good horses" I say and sigh in relief "It's as though you really know what I'm thinking" I say and pat their necks. I could see the big red barn, and my small white house. It was probably a mile or so away. "You see that building, girl? That's my home. When we get there, I'll make sure to get you real cleaned up and happy before you go anywhere with anyone" I say, a smile on my lips.

On the inside, I was going crazy. Why was this, imported, perfect, purebred mare in the middle of a swamp somewhere? If she was my horse, I'd make sure she was so spoiled and loved that she wouldn't want to go anywhere, and she wouldn't be able to be stolen from anyone. I let out a long, drawn out breath and continue towards the house, checking my phone every once in a while.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammi Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:35 am

Bailey's ears perked forward at the sound of the girls talking voice. She looked ahead, at the little white house that could be seen in the distance and nickered, looking at Emma. She dropped her head, and walked along with the human and horse for about ten minutes before they reached the small little farm.

Bailey grew nervous and picked her knees up higher as they approached. She wanted to just run, but this girl was being so nice, and she didnt have enough energy to do so anyhow. The mare's. Ostrils flared, and she looked at Smoke through troubled eyes. She let out a high pitched whinny, and bobbed her head around. She stopped walking as they began to approach the house, and looked at Emma, her head low an her eyes showing her unsureness.
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:49 pm

Emma

My eyes shimmered slightly in the light of the setting sun and rising moon. I jump at the sound of the mare's whinny and whirl around quickly. Stumbling at the sudden change of personality, I raise my palms to her and talk in my sweetest voice. "It's okay girl, it's alright.... No one's going to hurt you, you're okay" I tell her, trying to keep her calm. "I have lots of yummy treats waiting for you in the barn, and it's only a few steps away" I say, hoping she'd know the word treats and that'd calm her down.

"Emma?" My mothers voice seemed to materialize from the air behind me. "Mother!" I say, and turn around. Guilt littered my face, and I laughed nervously. "You see, uh, this mare was stuck in the mud, and-" I stopped when she shook her head. "No need to explain, but why haven't you taken her to the barn and cleaned her up?" She said, her smooth voice slipping from her lips as she wiped her damp hands on her apron.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammi Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Bailey stopped fidgeting and breathed lightly, her ears flicked forward and she stuck out her muzzle to set it on Emmas palm. She seemed to smile at the girl, her eyes shimmering as though she had revived the life in her. The mare looked up, freezing completely at the sudden appearence of another human.

She nickered under her breath, her lips quivering. She glancd from Emma, Smoke, to the mother, and flicked her tail cautiously. She watched the older womans hands run across her raggedy apron, her fuzzy golden ears rotating at the slight scraping sound her skin made on the thin fabric. Bailey glanced at Emma, and stretced her neck out, taking a step forward as she softly nudged the young girl's shoulder, a soft nicker seeming to agree with her mother as to why she hadnt been cleaned up yet.
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Emma

A smile split across my pink lips when she touched her muzzle to my palm.

"Yes ma'am" I say, beaming with happiness, and motioned for Smoke and the sweet mare to follow me. I was forcing myself not to skip my way towards the barn. There, we had fresh warm water, horse cookies, grain, hay, and tons of other things that would make the mare happy. When we reached the ragged building, I heaved the doors open and stepped inside. "Here," I say, setting down four buckets. Two had grain, and two had water, and set one of each before Smoke and the mare. I wondered what I ought to call her....

"Drink and eat up while I get this tack off Smoke" I say and begin undoing the saddle straps. I slid the leather and blanket from his hot and moist back. The patch of hair under the saddle was oddly placed and sweaty. "You need a bath to!" I exclaim playfully, and he grunted in response. I giggle quietly to myself as I remove the rest of his tack and put it away. Next, I take the hose with the spray nozzle and make sure the water heater was working. It was. I look over at the two horses, who had finished their little snack and were looking at me curiously. "Come here, let's get you two cleaned up" I say as I roll up the legs of my jeans and strip down to my undershirt.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammi Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Bailey followed Emma, almost breaking into a trot. She would have, if her leg wasnt dangling behind her. She whinnied, reaching the barn, and her tail flicked back and forth as she happily gobbled down the food she had been provided. She closed her eyes as her stomach gurgled, digesting the food. Once she was done she heaved a big sigh, moving her tongue around in her mouth as she removed any extra trace of feed stuck between her teeth. She shook herself, dirt flying off of her, as she waited for Emma to finish tending to Smoke.

She scratched her head against a wooden post, her halter was itching her, and the gold tag which had her name etched out on the cheek strap made a dingling noise as it scraped against the wood. She looked over at the girl, whickering to her as she turned on the water. Bailey stood straighter, resting her injured foot on the tip of her hoof, trying to keep from holding it up, and waited for the warm water to hit her dirt crusted coat.
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Emma

I look at the halter that glinted in the sunlight with furrowed brows. Stepping slowly up to her, I read the tag. Bailey
I smile.

"So are you ready, Bailey?" I say, and begin spraying off Smoke and Bailey. Starting at the hooves, I move to their rumps and end on their necks to avoid startling them at all. Just after rinsing them off, I remembered the soap. Shoot. "I'll be right back!" I call over my shoulders to them and rummage through the cabinets that were inside the barn.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammi Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Bailey closed her eyes, her ears flicking toward Emma at the sound of her name, but other than that small movement she had no response. Her lip quivered at the feel of the warm water on her body. It felt good, she always enjoyed a good bath. The water ran down her legs, tickling her fetlocks as it dripped onto the barn floor. The warm water almost soothed the pain in her ankle, but not quite.

She opened her eyes and turned her head at the sight of Bailey walking away to go get some more supplies. Bailey looked at Smoke, reaching out her neck and softly brushing muzzles with him in a friendly gesture. She nickered softly, and straightened herself when she saw Emma approaching again.
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Emma

I heard Smoke's gentle whicker back to the mare whilst picking and choosing the right shampoo. Finally, I pull out the one for glossy summer/spring coats and shut my cabinet. My mind wandered as I made my way back to the two horses. I wasn't quite sure about Bailey's owner/owners, and a part of me didn't want her to go back. She was a nice mare, and wouldn't have run away without good cause.

"'Kay, who's first?" I ask the two, and squirt some of the neon colored soap onto a soft brush.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammi Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:00 pm

Bailey watched Emma and nickered softly, her soft lips twitching. She looked at Smoke, then back to the girl. She lowered her head and nodded, scraping her hoof against the ground and flicking her tail to announce that she was first.
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:37 pm

Emma

I smile softly and nod. I walk slowly to the mare, and run the brush over her coat and gentle as possible. The mud was already off, but this shampoo would get the stuff stuck close to her hair and skin. As I continued, Bailey's true color came out and when I finished, I could look at her leg. I crouch down, and look it over. There wasn't any open wounds, so a bandage should be sufficient. I look up and see my mother standing in the doorway. "Mom?" I start, "Can you call the vet? She needs a bandage"
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammi Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Bailey flinched at the gentle touch on her swollen ankle, and her soft eyes looked at the girl bent over by her leg. She let out a soft whicker, and moved her ankle away from the girl's hand. She didn't quite understand what she was doing. She then lifted her head, and her ears twitched as she saw the girls mother appear in the distance.
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Emma

"Shhhh, it's alright" I say and stroke her back slowly. I wander into a nearby stall and fill a bucket with water, and another with a couple scoops of grain. I set them down and make a kissing sound with my mouth to call the mare over into the stall.

[[ Failllll, sorreh x.X ]]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammi Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:27 am

Bailey's ears quiver, and her tail sways back and forth. She stretches her neck out, moving her lips around as she stares at the girl. Slowly, she advances forward, her hunger getting the best of her as she finally steps into the stall, heading toward the scrumptious bucket of grain. She dipped her head in, devouring the yummy food.
Sammi
Sammi
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:48 pm

Emma smiled as the horse as she nibbled at her grain. Soon, a knock came at the door and Emma's light blue eyes flicked to the large, red wall. A scratching sound echoed as her mother wrenched open the door, and in stepped a young man. He looked to be older than Emma, around 30 or so. He held a dark bag and wore a light colored jacket. "Alright, let's have a look-see then" He said with a childish tone as they stepped in. Her mom was clearly not enjoying his tone, which sounded like he was talking to a child. Emma forced a sweet smile and gently stroked Bailey's side. "She was wandering around, she's tame... Somewhat" Emma told him, and stepepd back so he could get a closer look at her leg.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next