Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarina's Past

Go down

Sarina's Past Empty Sarina's Past

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:34 pm

It all started back when I was only seven. My Father had been speaking in hushed tones with his chief commander in battle, Jormundor, for quite awhile, always stopping abruptly when someone walked past. Then, a week before I turned eight, they attacked.
A whole army of men, with swords drawn, came marching into our city, setting fire to the houses. Father's men were able to drive them out of the city, but not for long. It was too dangerous for them to send the ones who could not fight out of the city; they wouldbe murdered the second they stepped outside the city walls. That whole night I stayed up in my bed with Taylor, both of us shivering while we listened to the men shouting below us. Around midnight, Menion burst into our room, his eyes hard. He was only 12 then, but he was strong and had a hard personality.
"Father wants you to get dressed. Quickly!" He said when we began to slowly crawl from the warmth of the blankets. We dressed hurridely, our bosides numb from cold. It had snowed for three days straight the week before, then off and on as the days progressed. Menion led us to the barracks, where we were met by Father. His eyes were hard, his jaw set, his face drawn as he strode smoothly towards us. Mother stood behind him, and I stared at the white and silver armour covering her, a sword swinging from her waist. Father snapped his fingers, and two men hurried to us.
"I hope you never need to use these, but when you do, weild them well," he said, handing us each a yew bow with a quiver of yew arrows and a knife made of enchanted silver. The bows and arrows were made of enchanted wood, the kind that grew as we did and always made their way back to us, never breaking. Taylor and I stared at him with wide eyes, and then Jormundor called to him. He nodded once to us and strode out into the snow. Mother hurried to us.
"Never forget that I love you both," she said, hugging and kissing us both before following Father, her armour clinking against itself. We were left alone with Menion as the soldiers followed them.
"Come one," Menion said, tugging at our arms, trying to lead us in the opposite direction. Taylor followed with wide eyes, but I held my ground, staring after Mother.
"But where is Mother going?" I cried out, panic beginning to constrict my chest like a python.
"She'll be back, but we have to go!" Menion said. Then the explosions began, and I turned and ran after Menion into the snow. Wind alshed at my clothes, snow biting my skin as I stumbled behind Menion and Taylor. He led us past the gates of the city, and something in my brain began wondering why we weren't attacked. Menion led us into the forest and we sat, watching the bombing. We stayed hidden for six whole days, watching the soldiers fighting. On the sixth night, a sleet and snow storm began, and we headed to the stream, where boulders were. I stumbled, losing my footing on the frozen snow, and tumbled down the hill, hitting the icy waters hard. For a second I couldn't breathe, then I was gasping, my head struggling to stay abpve the wild surrents. Water pounded on my sides, blanketing over my head, and I wondered numbly if I was going to die. I slipped under the water again, flipping head over heels in the murky darkness along the rocky river bottom, bruising my body from head to toe. When I finally resurfaced again, I saw a root sticking from a tree in front of me. I struggled to stay afloat, then grabbed the root as I went past.
It groaned and creaked under my weight, but it held, and with the last of my strength, I pulled my frozen body onto the snow. I lay there, my strength spent, shivering on the cold snow, before drifting off into sleep.
When I woke up, the first thing I realized was that I was cold. Then that I hurt all over. And finally, that the man staring down at me was someone I had never seen before. I jumped up, struggling to pull out my knife, but it was gone. The man motioned for me to sit down. I eyed him and continued standing.
"Who are you?" I demanded.
"I am sorry, Sarina," the man said, his eyes sad.
"Who are you! And how do you know my name?" I asked, angry and suspicious. He smirked.
"Doesn't everyone?" He asked. I thought about it for a minute and nodded reluctantly.
"You haven't answered my first question. Only the guilty hide thier names," I said warily.
"All will be said in time," he said, then tossed me my weapons. I caught them out of reflex.
"Why are you sorry?"
"You mean you don't know?" he asked increduously, and I shook my head.
"The city... It was defeated, no one survived but you, your brother, and your sister," he said. My eyes widened as I slipped on my weapons.
"No! You're lying!" I screamed at him. "Your a crazy old hermit!" I cried, turning and fled into the woods.
I ran for a long time before I found my brother and sister, and just collapsed out of exaustion at their feet, sobbing.
"Sarina, what happened!?" Menion cried, kneeling beside me.
"HE's lying, he lied!" I said between sobs.
"Who? What did he lie about?" Menion asked gently.
"He said, they were dead, that they all, were!" I said, sniffling. Menion held my face up to his, eyes grave, and then I knew.
"NO!" I screamed, flinging myself away from him. Menion grabbed me nd held me close to him, my body shaking from cold, exaustion, fear, anger, and sorrow. My strength fled, leaving me with a hollow feeling as I curled up against him, sobbing. Taylor crawled into his lap and cried with me. And again, I welcomed the blackness enclosing around my mind, unfeeling, unseeing.

Darkness can be a funny thing. It can be full of pain, misery, and sorrow. Or it can be colorful, with invisable colors streaking throuout it. Right then it was nothing.
I was unfeeling, unseeing, for a year before I began to get my cheer back. It came on slowly, creeping up on me like a jaguar stalked its prey. Then it pounced, and I could remember who I was. I began getting in trouble, trying to hide my suffering from the others as we began to travel. There was nothing left in our city except the enemy. Taylor considered me irresponsible, Menion thought I was childish adn would get us all in trouble. And I did. I messed withthe people in the towns, stealing and blaming others. No one suspected a young, eight-year-old girl to be the thief.

I'll continue writing in a bit, right now, that's all I've got on her past.

Back to top Go down

Sarina's Past Empty Re: Sarina's Past

Post by aphrodite Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:36 pm

your a realy good writer!! study

aphrodite
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:05 pm

thank you, I write quite often.

It was hard to try adn sneak away when Menion could read minds and Taylor saw the future, but I managed. I was faster even than Menion, even if I was smaller than my own twin. My spirit turned wild, no longer being the calm, arrogant girl of my past. I was tall, if still shorter than Taylor, and I was getting wise. I knew how to play the game I made, even if it sometimes turned deadly.
One day when I was 13 in a market, I saw a person mistreated a horse pulling a carriage to heavy for him. Immediatel I sprang to the horse, slashing open the harness adn setting him free. The guards came quickly, adn Menion and Taylor jumped to defend me. Menion pushed Taylor and me away, but I stayed, drawing my knife, while Taylor scurried outside of the city. Menion got a scar on his neck, and somehow as we got away I managed to lay open my back from the left shoulder to the right hip.
Of course, my behavior did not stop then. I always managed to get myself entertwined in a fight I had nothing to do with, always sneaking off from Menion and Taylor when I could. I took pride in being accomplishing these feats, even if they did ot work. TO be able to escape a mind reader and one who acn see the furture almost on a daily basis was something for me to be proud of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down