Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Come Alive

2 posters

Go down

Mystery Come Alive Empty Mystery Come Alive

Post by Tayssi Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:22 pm

Part 1

I walked through the alls, books hugged to my chest. People shot me dirty looks, walked right around me or purposely bumped into me. The same old routine of every day. The New Girl, The Freak and The Outcast were just a few names people called me. College, and people were still called names. Just because I was the new girl and looked different, I was shunned. With my platinum blonde hair that reached my wasit with fluro green tips, and eyes an unusual purple around the irises and a thin, bright emerald green rimming around them.
I often had my fringe covering my eyes and my hair pulled into a ponytail. The only reason I put green into my platinum blonde hair was I was often hit on by guys when I had contacts to hide my eyes. So I coloured the tips and took my contacts off. It was then I was labelled a freak.

I walked into the classroom, taking my seat at the front. I placed my physics textbook and notebook on my desk and watched as people spilled into the room, talking amongst themselves. Noone even cast a mere glance at in my direction. Noone sat within three desks from me. Not that I cared, it was best this way. No friends meant no drama. No drama meant a peaceful life. I could study and keep my grades up. If I had no social life it also meant I could go without a boyfriend. That was trouble all in its own.

Once everyone filed into class and sat down, they all started talking. 10 timewasting minutes passed before the teacher walked through the doors. Though it wasn't out usual physics teacher, Ms Paterikz, it was a man. Wall with tan skin whch complimented his rusty brown hair and dark blue eyes. Though dark, when they looekd straight into mine they were so cold and calculating. So much so it made my whole body shudder with terror. I had to look away.
His voice was rich and inviting when he said, "my name is Mr Miller, and I am now your physics teacher as Ms Paterkz is in hospital due to a car accident and won't be back for a while. Work well and we will get along just fine," his dark gaze swept over the class, lingering on me for a moment longer. I had to look away yet again.

Mr Miller then turned and started writing on the board. instantly hushed whispers fell ove the class about how hot the new teacher was. Yet his intent gaze hushed them when she turned around. I sighed and his eyes darted to me. I ignored him and opened my notebook and started writing the notes he had already written down then waited silently for him to continue.
An hour passed of just writing notes and listening to Miller, and the occasional question by me or others. The students stampeded out the door when the bell went. Yet Miller's, "Miss Ford, please wait for a moment," stopped me in my tracks. I slowly turned around, unable to meet his cold gaze. I walked towards where he sat watching my every move. "Miss Ford. Look at me." I hesitated and slowly, slowly I looked up, though I looked at anything except his eyes. I think he noticed though, cause he had cleared his throat to get my attention and finally, I looked at him. M,y body going ridig with fear as I looked into his dark blue eyes.
"Yes, Sir?"I questioned, uncertain. Why only keep me back? What had I done?
He seemed to hesitate ever so slightly before he leaned forward, lowering his voice to almost a whisper as he said, "be careful on your way home, and don't forget to lock the doors. His dark eyes, I swear, seemed to flash a dangerous for a mere moment.
I hesitated and nodded in response before rushing out the door. What the heck? What was with that? And what about the way he lowered his voice to an eerie alomost whisper, coated with warning and..... worry? Talk about crazy! What about his eyes? I swear on my ife they had turned silver! I mean, was that even possible?

I went through the rest of the day without really paying any attention. Once the day ended I shoved eveything into my locker and sprinted out the school. I raced down the road, when suddenly hands reached towards me. They grabbed my arm and dragged me back into the shadows. My scream came out strangled as the person jerked me backwards. I suddenly leapt forward and the person let me go. I stumbled forward and lost my footing. Though I managed to catch myself before falling face first. I turned on the spot, to see the shadow of a man with a knife in his hand. He was short, but his features were blinded by fear and the shadows.
The knife came down, grazing my cheek and slashing my forearm. Though the pain didn't register in my brain. When he pulled the knife away I bolted, feeling the blood running down my arm. I raced into my house, locking and bolting every door before I heard my great dane, Shepherd, barking from my window in my bedroom upstairs. I was then relieved I had hardly any wndows on the ground floor and only on the 2nd floor. I jumped back as I heard the man banging his fists on the door. I waited for a whle and the danging subsided.
The silence grew heavy from outside, the only sound was Shepherd upstairs barking. Minutes passed and Shepherd fell silent. Terror coarsed through my veins and I bolted upstairs, 2 at a time. I ran to my room where Shepherd would be. What was before me me shocked me to no end. Shepherd was standing at the window, looking down at would be the man at the door. Miller crouched beside the huge dog, stroking him.
I stumbled out the doorway just as Miller's gaze was cast upon me. He stood up and strode toward me. I stepped back, stumbling and falling. I watched as he moved closer to me until he was merely a few centimetres from me.
I opened my mouth to speak but my mouth went dry and my voice failed. I stared, wide eyed as he reached down and grabbed my hand. I tensed, unsure of what he was going to do. Yet as his grip tightened and he pulled me to my feet, I relaxed. Slightly. Only slightly. It was then I actually noticed the closeness of out bodies. So close that I could feel his body heat radiatin from him. i stepped back, away from him, but Miller followed.
My voice returned and I opened my mouth to speak but Miller's hand shot up and smothered my words by placing his hand over my mouth. It is then I notice notice him hazing at me with his cold stare and whispering, "I told you to be careful on your way home! Well atleast you locked the doors."
I stared at him in amazement. How could he have known? Also, ow could he have gotten up here in the first place? I glanced at the window to see if there was any way he could have gotten through. Nope. None. How could he have gotten in here then? I sighed, giving up on trying to find out. Miller, though, took no notice. He left his hand on my mouth as he tilted his head ever so slightly to listened better. I stood as still as my shaking body would allow of me. I watched as his gorgeous changed and shifted. Wait. Gorgeous? Was I losing my ind?! He was a freaking teacher! I had no time for boys anyway.
Damn it. This day just keeps on getting better and better. Miller glanced back at me for a moment and then, finally, he let me go and stepped back. I sagged in relief with a sigh but he looked at me coldly and then moved slowly towards the window. I followed suit. We looked down to where the man had been. He wasn't standing there anymore, he was gone. Nowhere in sight. Yet, as I looked at Miller, I saw that none of the tension had left his body.
I opened my mouth and said, "what's-" but I was silenced when he looked at me and placed a hand gently over my mouth. I looekd up at him and when he didn't remove his hand, I stepped back, away from him. I couldn't get distracted by him.

Out of nowhere there was the sound of splintering wood and a door being ripped from its hinges. I jumped back and I felt Miller grab my wrist and pull me towards him. I stood beside him as I heard footsteps thuddind up the stairs. With each thud my arm throbbed with gut wrenching pain. it was then Shepherd decided to start barking again.
The footsteps paused before they started again. I ensed as I saw his shadow crawling towards the doorway. I stepped back just as Miller stepped infront of me, his eyes glued to the doorway.
I sucked in a sharp breath as the man stepped towards the doorway. Miller crouched into a defensive position in response as the man showed himself.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Mystery Come Alive Empty Re: Mystery Come Alive

Post by BayMickey Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Keep going... I know this was forever ago, but its good...
BayMickey
BayMickey
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Hmmm I do have more, but I have no idea where it is... Once I find it I shall put it up ^.^
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down