Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Don't Know What Keeps Me From Falling Apart.... *PG-13*

Go down

I Don't Know What Keeps Me From Falling Apart.... *PG-13* Empty I Don't Know What Keeps Me From Falling Apart.... *PG-13*

Post by Harley Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:33 pm

Avo trotted beside the black bear, sighing happily. The cool fall evening was peaceful, with all the small birds starting to say goodnight to each other. He perked his ears as the black bear cleared her throat. "Listen, Avo... You are 3 winters old now. I am not a young bear anymore, and I..." She paused for a moment, looking at his shocked face. "I think it would be best if you went away this winter. Every spring, you are dangerously thin when I wake. Now another winter approaches and I need you to go so you can actually live through the winter."

Avo felt a sudden feeling of anger. "But Taji!" He cried, spinning around in front of her. "How do you expect me to survive without you?" He asked, bringing himself up on his back paws and looking slightly down at her. "Because it isn't your nature to sleep all winter long, Avo!" She snapped, turning her head to the side.

The husky dropped down on all fours, tilting his head. "But I'm a bear.... Aren't I?" Avo asked, voice dropping down to a mere whisper. "Avo, don't lie to me, you have had trouble sleeping all winter long, haven't you?" Taji growled, looking into his discolored eyes. "Well... y-yes I suppose."

"How you have always hated the food that regular bears would of loved?" Her adopted son nodded. "And how you have short claws and small paws meant for running?" Avo reluctantly nodded. "It all adds up, Avo. What does it mean?"

"That I'm not a bear?" He said, tears starting to run down his face. "You wouldn't leave other wise Avo. I am only sending you away for your own health. It isn't because I'm tired of you, or that I don't love you anymore. Trust me..." She said.

"I'm still staying with you." He stated firmly, glaring into her eyes. She lifted her paw, and cuffed him on the side of the head. "Go!" She roared, starting to charge him. The husky took the hint, and started to run. His vision was blurry from the tears that stung his eyes.

When he was far enough away, he stopped to collapse and catch his breath. There was a faint vibration in the ground and excited yips and howls in the distance. Next came the roar. "Taji?" He asked, still gasping for breath. Shaking the thought from his head, he curled up in a shivering ball and fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The moment he awoke, the sound of yelps, snarls and roars filled his sensitive ears. Avo took off towards the sound, still groggy from his nap. He bolted into the clearing that he had left Taji, and growled at the sight. At least 6 wolves had surrounded Taji, making him a very unfair fight. "Stop!" He barked, failing to draw their attention.

He lowered himself the ground, muscles tense. Avo targeted the largest wolf, and sprang into action. The wolf was caught off guard. The husky and the wolf rolled a little ways away from the fight, catching the attention of the rest of the pack. Avo's teeth sank into the leader's shoulder, making him whine in pain. In return, the leader clamped his teeth onto the dog's scruff, holding him down. The rest of the pack surrounded the newcomer, growling and laughing.

"Taji!" He choked out, looking at the motionless form of the black bear. The wolf stepped off, letting Avo up. He rushed over to his adoptive mother, inspecting the deep cuts. She was laying in a pool of blood, her sides heaving. "Taji..." He choked out the words, nudging her. She never did reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The pack blocked Avo in, keeping him moving. "Explain why you think you had the right to attack me!" The wolf behind him snapped, moving out from behind Avo and facing him. "You killed my mother!" He snarled, baring his teeth. "That filthy bear wasn't your mother. She killed the deer we chased for a long time. It was right she was punished. "No it wasn't!" Avo growled, glancing at the empty spot behind him. "My daughter would stop you before you had a chance, dont even thing about it." Avo stopped. He pushed off the ground with his front legs, balancing on his back legs. "I'm not afraid of her."

*Sorry it sucks, but you can be the leaders daughter*
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Location : Following you, asking the chicken inside my coat if this is the one

Back to top Go down