Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soul Searches For Mares To Join His Herd

3 posters

Go down

Soul Searches For Mares To Join His Herd Empty Soul Searches For Mares To Join His Herd

Post by • Echo Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:44 pm

I would like this to be a more mature post, and I would like everyone to post at least a paragraph for their posts and as much as possible fortheir entry. It is not hard to post a lot; flashbacks, thoughts, feelings, it all makes the post longer (and more interesting) and gives people a tad bit more insight into your character, which usually makes it easier to interact with them. I'd also like it if everyone replied in a matter of days and not weeks. And one last thing; Soul WILL run off ANY stallions (or kill them) and breed ALL mares who join his herd.

Soul Listener
The grey stallion's body seemed to dance in and out of existence in the forest, blending in greatly with the mist that swirled around the trees. He strodein a free, easy trot that covered distance quickly and which he could keep up for days on end. His neck was arched elegantly, his tail flagged behind him, and his ears were pricked forward. He was light on his feet, lifting up to crest over a log before he landed with a barely audible, dull thud before he continued his easy jog. Early morning light was beginning to filter down trough the tangled boughs and limbs above him, and colors stood out from each other again; the dark brown of the tree trunks and branches, the oranges, yellows, reds, and golds of the leaves, the green grass and dark dirt of the forest floor, the stallion's silver breath that rose like a smoky plume above him with every breath he took. There was always something about Autumn that seemed so exciting to him; the slight chill in the air, the frost that covered the ground on mornings such as this, the first snow. There was just something in the very air itself, a certain vibe, that ran like an electric current through the large stallion's body. Not too long after, though the sun rose quickly and was now above the mountains, the stallion exited the forest into a valley, flaring his nostrils slightly and looking around. In a semi-circle around the valley were the trees from which he bad come from, and in front of him extended a lush plain with streams running through it, leading up to a complicated passage that went through mountains and cliffs, and he could smell the scent of the ocean just past the cliffs. Coming to a stop, he tossed his head, lifting his feet up high as he prances into the center of the valley, letting out loud whinnies and neighs, calling to any mares that happened to be nearby.

I lowered my head, sniffing at the sweet grass and nibbling at the ends. After a minute I threw my head back up, ears pricked alerty as I skimmed the valley with my eyes. Lifting my upper body in a half-rear, I let out my call again, landing with a thud and extending my left foreleg, striking out at the ground several times before rearing again, rising to my full height, towering high above the ground. Tucking my head to my chest, I throw it up into the air, raising my voice to call one last time, aides vibrating and shaking slightly as the sound left me, and I landed back on the ground. Flicking my tail, I prance forward, pretending to shy at an imaginary foe, and moved towards the sparkling stream. Cottonwoods, Aspens, Pepper trees, and Weeping Willows grew along the bank and I lowered my head to the running water. I inhaled and exhaled deeply, sending ripples racing across the surface, before I thrust my nose into the water, taking a couple of long gulps before lifting my dripping muzzle and looking around the valley once more.

Last edited by Echo * Of * Eternity on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:46 am; edited 5 times in total
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Soul Searches For Mares To Join His Herd Empty Re: Soul Searches For Mares To Join His Herd

Post by LoveOnHerArms Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Raven~
wandering around the woods I sighed and stopped short looking around again "hello? anybody?" I called out, ears pricked listening for anything, not hearing a thing besides birds chirping and sings and the sound of water of in the distance. I groaned and start walking slowly again, my coal colored coat had patches of mud on it, black and gray main knotted and snagged with twigs and don't even get me started on my tail, it was a utter mess knotted and burrs all over it. the reason I was such a mess? oh well cause I got lost...yeah I was so lost and screwed. stopping again I called out "hello?! someone!" hearing no one but my heart beat and breath. I stomp my hoof and then once again walk on, hearing a neigh I freeze, my ear swivel around trying to catch it again. finely someone! I take off in a smooth canter to where the neigh came from. I sounded like a heard of elephants crashing through the woods but I didn't care about being quiet right now, one thought was on my mind to find who ever called out. I've been freakin lost for a week! a week! coming to the edge of the woods and into a valley I slid to a stop and snorted, eyes darting around for who ever called "hello!?" I neighed out then walk out, ears swiveling around listening, oh please oh please be here...a gray blurr catches the corner of my eyes and I whirl around in time to see a gray stallion trot into the stream and take a drink. oh sweet jesus another horse! I let out a breath and walk over to him "oh god you do not know how happy I am to see another horse" I say walking to him and stop at the edge of the stream and look at him with a half smile playing on my lips
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Soul Searches For Mares To Join His Herd Empty Re: Soul Searches For Mares To Join His Herd

Post by Saviour Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:26 pm

Gingersnap Cookie~

I wander around the cold, dark, frightening woods. Nothing was here, just moss, trees, and shadows lurking around every corner. I sigh remembering that cold, and miserable night...
I woke up and there was darkness, nothing around me but deafening silence. "H-hello?" I called out, my voice like a bell ringing in a ghost town, no one to hear, no one to come... I shed a tear and stand up "Mom?" I asked again, calling for someone that wasn't there. I look around desperately, and finally I hear a sound. A faint ticking rang out, tick...tick...tick. I pin my ears and whinny "who's there?!" I screamed, over and over...nothing...

I close my eyes and push that terrifying memory from my mind, gazing around me I see a stallion and my heart skips a beat. Yes, finally, another horse. Wait! There was a mare too! I jump and trot over to them and couldn't help but nuzzle them both with joy. I chuckle and shake my head "I'm sorry for that...I am Gingersnap Cookie, but just call me Ginger" I said with a big smile.

[is that enough? and I will find a pic if you want]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:58 am

It's fine, and you don't need a pic, I still need to make one but my computer just committed suicide Lol.

Soul
I prick my ears when a shadow began moving just behind the first couple lines of trees, flaring my nostrils. My muscles instinctively tensed, ready to gallop off it were a predator, but the scent that filled my nasal passages was far from a predator, and a black mare emerged from the trees. At the sight and smell of the mare, my instincts kicked in and I immediately became excited, whickering a greeting and taking a few steps towards her before I stopped and tossed my head, waiting for her. I smiled warmly as she stopped in front of me, tilting my ears forward to catch her words. Before I could respond I tossed my head as another mare, a younger one, it appeared, came up from behind me and muzzled us both. I smiled at the younger horse, lowering my head slightly so I was at eye level with her. "Hello," I say to them both, my voice deep but not in an unfriendly way. "I am Soul Listener."
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:03 am

Ginger~
I giggle at my foolishness and touch his side with my muzzle. Honestly, I had never seen a friendly adult stallion before in my life, and to be honest, I was very curious. I smell his legs and then step back in apology for my strange behavior "Hi" I said, my voice small and sweet like a tic tac candy. I watch the other mare "And hello to you too" I said and grasp a few blades of sweet grass in my teeth and chew it up.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 am

Raven~
I nickered softly with a full smile on my lips now, I was just so freakin happy to see another horse that I didn't care if he was forcer on anything like that. my ears catch another horse and my heart gave a leap in my chest oh sweet jesus someone else to talk with!. a younger mare trotted over to us and nuzzled both of us. a little surprised I smiled and looked at her then at the stallion "hi, Im Raven" I said softly then try to shake some of the dried mud patches off my coat with no success's. sighing I eye the water I needed a bath badly and it would feel so good to be clean again...with a snort I snap out of my daydream and looked at the two horses
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:12 am

Ginger~
I smile, noticing she was just as happy as I was and I step towards her, watching her try to shake the dirt from her coat. I rub a few large clumps off her coat with my muzzle to show my friendliness and giggle. I then look at the pond, and over to the stallion. I smirk and flick my tail playfully "Anyone wanna play?" I asked and nodded toward the water for reference. I then thought that I might be too much for these to elders and I flushed "Oops...sorry I just got a little carried away" I said and smiled small.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:29 am

Soul
I nod at the darker coloured mare, a lopsided grin on my face. "Nice to meet you, Raven. And you?" I asked, looking at the younger mare. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Raven looking at the water, and my eyes saw the mud and dirt on her lovely coat, the tangles and dreadlocks in her mane and tail. I returned my gaze to the younger mare and smiled warmly. It was a warm day out and the water looked cool and refreshing to me, and I bet Raven would love to be able to wash off without being embarrassed. I tossed my head up slightly, archin my neck elegantly and tuckin my nose to my chest, flaring my nostrils and prancing.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:32 am

Gingersnap Cookie~
I look at the large stud and answer him "Im Gingersnap Cookie, but just call me Cookie" I said and saw him head towards the water. I giggled happily "Come on Raven" I said and cantered towards the water, and jump in, causing a huge splash. I smiled "What about yours?" I asked the stallion, a smile on my face from the refreshing cool liquid surrounding my thankful body. I was hot and tired before from the heat but now I was cool and happy.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:37 am

Raven~
I smiled warmly down at the little one "thanks sweetie" I gently nuzzled her shoulder, where was her mother or family? she looked around one but she should still be with a heard, a faint frown on my lip as I thought about it. I looked back at Soul still thinking about it, hearing Ginger I chuckled and smiled at her "maybe later hun" looking at the water then back at Soul and Ginger I shook my head at myself, was I embarrassed to get clean in front of them? no not really..then what was I waiting for? no clue. "if you'll excuse me for a moment" I said to them then step into the water and sighed as I walk in deeper and it started washing the mud and everything else off "ahhhhhh" tossing water onto my back I work on getting the mud off, dirt leaves,and twigs drift down stream.
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:54 am

Soul
I chuckled at the young mare, Cookie, and followed her into the stream, smiling as she splashed around. I caught some movement behind me and turned my head slightly as Raven began to wash off, looking back at Cookie. "Soul," I tell her when she asked for my name, giving it to her again. I extended a long foreleg before menand pawed at he water, wetting my belly and sides, turning my silvery grey coat to a dark iron gray. I tossed my head up, lifting my feet up high as I moved through the water, and looked at Cookie again. "If you don't mind my asking, where is you family? You look too young to be on your own," I say, my large eyes warm and encouraging as I looked at her.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:05 am

Raven~
I smiled warmly watching Ginger splash and play around in the water as I clean off, keeling down on my knees I start rubbing the mud off my back with a soft moan "ahh that feels good" I mumbled then stand up as water streams off me. looking over at Soul and Ginger I chuckled watching her then nodded at what Soul said "yeah sweetie" I was worried about that, she shouldn't be wandering around alone. waiting for her to answer I finish taking my bath and watch the dirt drift down stream then looked myself over, my coal black coat was now clean of all that mud and who knows what else and my bloody shoulder was now white instead of not showing at all. with a smile I looked back at them feeling better then I had in days
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:50 pm

Cookie~
I listen to his question and giggle "I am three you know" I smiled and laughed at them in a childish way, but not in a rude way. "And I left them a while ago, I am just, I guess, a little childish still" I said with a mischievious smirk playing on my lips. I lift my hoof up and then rear, coming down hard I splash water at them both and laugh hard when they both get their necks, which were previously dry, soaked.
[srry I lost my brain.... "Get back here!!" ]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:23 pm

Kallik~

I creep through the black forest under the dark clouds. The sun is still up, but unable to be seen from behind the Rain Clouds. I trot bravely through the forest passing all the black colored trees. Her mane flows as a small breeze fills the area, her pure black coat blends in within the area, and her eyes are brown, but turn slightly red when frustrated. She lifts her head high, her ears twitch. 'I havnt seen anyone for half a year, it sounds like a pair of horses. I should check it out' She says to herself. She follows the sound of talking, splashing and giggling, to come upon a stallion and two mares. She creeps up silently trying to stand out, but its worthless. "Hello." she says shyly. And walks a bit closer to the river where they all play, and tips her front right hoof in the water, her hoof turns white, letting a small puddle of dirt flow down the stream. She tends to not make eye contact.

Last edited by FadedTimes on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelled a word)

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:01 pm

[wow that was good.... lol]

Cookie~
I snorted slightly and jumped back at the sound of her voice. She was stealthy, quiet, almost creepy. "H-hello" I said timidly, nervously. I back into the water deeper and pin my ears slightly back.
[oh god idk what to write...]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:46 am

Sorry, guys, I haven't been able to get on vey often lately...

Soul
My nostrils flared at a new scent and I turn my head slightly as a black mare begins to creep from the trees. I flicked my ears in her direction, curious as to why she walked as if she didn't want to be seen. In my opinion, her gorgeous coal black coat gleamed slightly with health, and I toss my head up, catching a glance of the noes dark sky. I snorted loudly, really just exhaling through my nose, and tossed my head again. The sky looked threatening with rain, and I wondered vaguely where the clouds had suddenly come from and covered the sky. The smell of rain was strong on the breeze, and my eyes instinctively scanned the valley for any shelter to keep out of the rain. It couldn't be too close to the forest; predators came out at night, for even when it were raining, they, too, needed to eat. My ears lay back slightly as I shook my head again before I relaxed them forward, looking back to the new mare just as she cane close to is, all but whispering a faint hello, and I gave her a warm smile, seeing that she wasn't quite comfortable with talking or being around us. Flicking my wet tail and flinging the water from it at Cookie, I wade over to where the new mare was, steppig up onto the bank a few yards away from her and shaking as much water as possible from my silver, dappled coat, careful to make sure none of the drops hit her. "Hello," I say finally, stepping towards her with my head at chest level, eyes warm and ears pricked forward as I smiled at her again. "I am Soul Listener, and you are?" I ask after introducing myself.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:40 pm

Rain~

After dipping my smooth hooves in the fresh clean water, I stare at the 3 others. Slightly lifting my head up, lets the rain splash down onto my beautiful black coat. "I havnt felt the rain in days" I say out loud. I look back at the stallion."My name is Rain.Nice to meet you Soul Listener. How about you two?" I ask politely looking at the others. As I wait for their reply I take a few steps in the water to get to the other side, where suddenly fresh green grass was growing. I take a few small blades of grass, leaving most of it for the others. Wondering why the other two look a bit scared."Is everything ok?" I shake my mane hoping I didnt scare them. I lift my tail and trot in a circle to show im excited.

(I kinda had no idea what I was doing at the end of that >.< trying to get a good paragraph)

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:54 pm

>.< ]

Cookie~
I snort softly as the water from Soul's tail land on my back. I then listen to the both of them and answer her question "Im Gingersnap Cookie, Cookie or Ginger for short" I said.
[srry, brain fart xD]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:22 pm

"Well nice to meet you Cookie!" I was in heat and my scent got strong. I lift my head again letting the rain splatter on my face to cool down. I trot over to a near by tree and lean up against it, trying to rest after running for days. The rain stopped, the forest turned from black to grey, but the dark clouds have not disappeared. Two falcons flew by swiftly, and fast. In a blink of an eye, they both sat side by side on my rump. One let out a squak of words; "Im Kriselle, this is Lunar. Nice to meet you Soul and Cookie. This might seem weird for horses and falcons to communicate but, were the guardians of Rain here.We listen to everything pardon us." she says tapping her talon on my back.

(I dont know where the falcons came into this but I just wanted to make it interesting xD)

(Kriselle and Lunar are real life friends you will see my use their names a lot the more I post. Lunar is Japanise, Kriselle is PART Hawaiian.)

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Haha, interesting...

Soul
I snort softly, pinning my ears at the birds of prey came over, extending a muzzle to snap at them and shoo them off, then paused as they spoke, landing calmly on Rain's back. I exhaled loudly, my nostrils flaring to show the fine red lining as I pulled my head back, eyeing them almost suspiciously. "Nice to meet you, too," I say slowly, relaxing my ears slowly forward again.

Sorry it's short, my brain died. We should wait for LoveOnHerArms.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:33 pm

{Okay, ill be putting this topic on my watched list then :DD}

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:33 pm

[haha like your sig fadedtimes]

Cookie~
I smiled and stepped out of the water to shake off. The small water droplets flew in several directions, though I was quickly soaked again from the rain. I nicker to the falcons that flew past and reach my muzzle to them when they land on her back. I listen to them. I was obviously not afraid and I had my ears perked up in interest. "Heya I'm Cookie...but you already knew that" I said and giggled. I lower my head to the ground and nibble at the wet grass.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down