Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Chance (Pg13)

Go down

Last Chance (Pg13) Empty Last Chance (Pg13)

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:15 pm

Charlie~
Dark filled my eyes, I couldn't see anything as the metal box came to a slow stop. I could hear it's paws grind agents the ground softly. I didn't care though, not one bit at all. A sudden bright light filled my deep brown eyes and I turned my head from it. I listen to the sound of the two legs voices as their hooves shuffled about. My delicate ears picked up noises from the outside of the mettle box faintly over the sound of horses being unloaded. I picked up water being pored, box cages being open and shut, horses whining, and grain being put into a bucket. Suddenly I whipped my head around, my forlock slashing through the air, as my devison was opened. The two legged quickly got out of the way as I rushed out into a pen. A rope swung through the air and landed firmly on my thick neck. A young two leg female pulled me closer to her and began leading me out toward a bunch of box cages. I snorted loudly as we moved through the thick mud, which caked to my hock fur in big clumps. I was lead to a empty box cage and locked in. I starred blankly after the girl had tied me at the ground. People were aloud to enter our pens at their own risks. I raised my head slowly and turned it as footsteps approached, hooves forcing themselves out of the mud making a sucking noise. A tall skinny two leg was carrying a bag full of sticker things with numbers printed on them. I watched as he placed one on each horse's rump. Soon he was opening my door and slid in pulling out a number as sticking it on me. I simply watched uninterestedly as he did so carefully then left after stuffing a rolled up paper about me in a container attached to the door. I looked up at the empty dark blue sky, a faint slimmer of sunlight was peeking over the horizon. Soon people would be viewing all the horses then heading for the first auction round to start which was wild ponies, next wild horses, then tamed ponies, and finally tamed horses. After that a few hours would pass till they started the donkey and mule auctioning. I didn't mind though, it was stupid for all I cared.

https://horseisland.rpg-board.net/t11709-a-broken-heart#311862

Last edited by Wild one on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Last Chance (Pg13) Empty Re: Last Chance (Pg13)

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:45 pm

(Some one?)

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Remi

Remi was roughly 27 years old, but was already running one of the most well known breeding stables in all of texas. she was also well known for her so called her whispering ability. she had come to this auction in hopes of finding either a stud or a mare or even both to add to her breeding program. as she walked down the stall rows she already had a few horses picked out until she had come across the stall of this bay mustang stud. something about him caught her blue green eyes as a smile played across her freckled face. remi made a kissing sound " come here boy i wont hurt you i just need to get a good look at cha" she said in her southern belle accent. her strawberry blonde wavy hair fell over her shoulder as she pulled a peppermint candy and offered it to him.
(sorry it took so long)
Last Chance (Pg13) Amazing-Strawberry-Blonde remi
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:35 pm

Charlie~
I stood with a titled right hoof resting my tired leg, soon switching to the other hind. My eye lids were lazily dropping and my bottom lip hung. I swatted my trail for no reason every once in awhile add I grew more and more bored. Snorting I rided myself of a ticklish tingling in my left nostril.

As hoof steps approached, sounding of just two legs, I didn't bother to care... No, not even when they came to a stop behind me. I simply laid my ears back in annoyance and stomped a huge hoof. I listened to the kind voice and couldn't help but shortly turn my head to glance over my rump. Uninterested I turn my head back and lifted a leg threateningly to her, I understood most sold stallions would have acted more fierce and actively, showing they would fight for their lives. Me? No, I've given up in this whole damn thing called life.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Remi

Remi sighed ass he pushed her hair out of her face, when the bay stallion did not come near her. her black and white wind breaker stood out with the with the words * stone brooke breeding stables* embroider on the left side. " come on boy dont be mean, just let me get a good look at you and i can get you out of here" she said as if the stallion could understand her
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:13 pm

Charlie ~

I waited for the girl to leave but she staid around soon speaking again, I had placed my hoof down awhile ago. Annoyed I turned to look at her moving my body around, mud squelching loudly as I pulled my hooves up. I stared at her for a moment then stomped my hoof as if saying, 'go away' irritable. Snorting I started to move back to how I had been before.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Remi

Remi smiled as the bay stallion turned around to look at her, even though the stud looked a bit grumpy which was understandable for the conditions he was in. she smiled "that's a good boy" she cooed as she threw a few peppermint candies in his feed bucket and placed the stone brooke sign on his stall so everyone knew who had first dibs on this stallion.the stud had good confirmation, strong legs and a nice head. Remi headed for the corral where the horses would be auctioned off, she had another bid on a mare that would be another good addition to the breeding program. after going threw the mares auction Remi waited for the stud to come threw as she won the bid on the mare not too long ago.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:37 pm

Charlie
Snorting I watched her leave, I felt relieved. Thinking I would finally get peace I rested my eyes allowing my lip to hang loosely. When a timid looking young two legged came in and rope me I turned ears pinned, moving forward. At the sight of the open gate I knew most stallions would have bolted through after most likely fighting the creature. Me? Well I just fallowed out slowly, not caring.

As I was placed in a cramped pen with many other horses I watched most of them get bid off, the unlucky being took down a narrow fenced walkway to a pen attached to a horse trailer waiting to ship them off to the slaughter house. I starred watching the few unpicked mares and stallions, even a yearling was sent to my shock. The worst though was when a young foal was sent, it was banged up and ugly but still. I felt sorrow for it though I wasn't sure where the foal was going I just sensed he wasn't going to be happy.

Suddenly my rope was tugged and I was walked closer but faced away. After a few more horses, ones I did not see, they walked me out. I listened to the mummer of twoleggs. Coming to a stop I hung my head, looking at the ground. I didn't care what happened, I missed my family. If I could ever just see one of them happy again I would be glad. I then heard a familiar whinny and my head shot up bobbing a little.

Glancing I saw her, my first love, she was terrified being brought down the line yanked and pushed. She whinnied frantically as they brought her closer and closer to the metal box. I bolted forward pushing off furiously with my hind legs, my ears pinned tightly. "Let her go! Rose, I'm here!" He whinnied and the mare turned her head before being shoved into the metal box about be hauled away. As the creatures got the last horse in they closed the doors, the trailer was completely stuffed. I screamed, kicking the pen and bashing my body agents it, I didn't stop till I collapsed onto the unforgiving dusty ground. I whinnied again watching the metal machine pull off and take her away.

I was immediately brought to my hooves carefully and walked off. My ears up and alert looking out waiting for the never returning thing to come back with her. I fallowed more lively as they lead me to a lone stall to be checked out, I had dented up the cheap gates they had. All people who wanted me were told to go to inside stall 572 for a silent auction.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:30 pm

Remi

not being a fan of how the horses were treated kept remi away from horse auctions, but she had a feeling about this one especially after seeing the bay stallion. she smiled at the thought of him, even though he was rough around the edges, remi could tell he was a good horse and had a good heart. remi waited around on the bleachers for her stud to come up but soon she was asked to go to a private room for a private auction on her stud.

as remi walked to the room where the private auction was to be held, one of her handlers came to tell her that they had loaded the buskin mare she had bought from earlier into their trailer. " alright let me go buy this one and we can leave" she said with a smile as she continued onto her way to the room. once there she looked around noticing some faces, like the son of her families rival barn, rocky mountains stud farm. she merely rolled her eyes at him, their were childhood friends and kissed when they were 8 but had had a falling out at 10.

remis attention was taken as the auctioneer started the biding. she raised her hand to start the biding off at 5,000 knowing it would probably go up more
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:39 pm

I simply looked about nickering loudly as the auction went on, only three humans where there. Also one of the handlers was checking over me, she annoced I was fine and just a little banged up. Once she was out the funniest talking two legged started rambling. I started pacing anxiously then darted at the gate soaring over it, my hooves clanking agents the cheap steal. The auction was up to 16,000 when that happened.

I

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:55 pm

remi raised her hand as they asked for 16,500. she watched the bay stallion, he definitely had some pent up energy, but remi had a feeling her would be worth the money she was bidding on him. remi glanced over at logan who was basically the person that was keeping her form getting the stud. she rolled her eyes waiting ot see if she had won the stud
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:57 pm

(He jumped out of the pen into the open)

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:03 pm

remi

Remi's eyes grew wide as she saw the stallion jump from the pen. she quickly got up and raced to where the stallion was. she stood in front of him, slowing her breathing down as the people around her shouted to get away from him. she kept her eyes on the bay stud " easy boy, i wont hurt you lets just go home ok" remi cooed to the stressed out stallion hoping that he would do anything stupid that would make the horse handlers shoot him
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:06 am

Charlie-

I snorted stamping my book before attempting to gallop by her, I wanted to get to that metal box. I wanted to save my poor love heading for the slaughter house...and the other horses. I did a semi rear suddenly but didn't appear to threateningly, my ears were erected. I didn't wanna harm anyone just get away from them all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down