Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Hatred Grows Stronger [T] Tayssi

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Hatred Grows Stronger [T] Tayssi Empty My Hatred Grows Stronger [T] Tayssi

Post by Blackberry Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:41 pm

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Wolf-wolves-1130059_992_856.jpg

Twigs snapped beneath Jae's large paws. His thick black tail flicked back and forth, amber eyes narrowed with permanent hatred. The forest seemed to be silent as he stalked through. Prey stared at him in horror. There was no sound, just the sound of his breathing echoing through the trees. Wolves were supposed to feel happy and calm here. Not while I'm here, he thought. Just waiting for a wolf to come along and snap their neck made his fur prickle with excitement. His paws left paw prints in the muddy ground. Every few moments he would slip, and he could feel the pine trees laughing at him. He snarled at them, and they fell silent. Teeth bared, he continued, mud caking his large paws.

(sss)

Last edited by Blackberry on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

My Hatred Grows Stronger [T] Tayssi Empty Re: My Hatred Grows Stronger [T] Tayssi

Post by Tayssi Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:52 am

My Hatred Grows Stronger [T] Tayssi CC4jdfsUb8sShY6DIR8ve2Bag0WaM-tEIm_lrPwUEeM6bsaWnAr8PY58N4HismcDBdDhmmsbkCORfb7g4BXH_aM=s900

Renae ran through the forest, her ears flopping as she jumped over fallen branches and swerved around ditches in the ground. Her paws slipped in the mud and she nearly fell over many times, but had managed to catch herself each time. She was a pure blooded, 3 year old Dalmatian who now had no home. Her owner had been taken to jail for 15 years and before the animal welfare had come to take her into some pound, to be trapped in a cage for who know how long, she had ran. Dug a hole under the fence and ran into the forest behind the house. She had no idea where she was going. Just leaving. For good. Growling at her own thoughts, she slowed to a walk with a heavy sigh, looking down at her legs, which were caked in mud up to her knees from running and her belly splattered with the wet dirt. She huffed in annoyance and walked around long enough to find a river, where she got as much as she could off of herself before she kept going.
Amongst the trees, Renae heard someone snarling and she stopped dead in her tracks. Her long legs halting momentarily before she slowly crept towards the source of the sound. A few minutes later, she saw the back of a very large male wolf. She crouched towards the ground, an ever so soft whimper escaping her jaws. He seemed mad at something. Her ears flicked back in fear as she watched him before she stepped back, but her paw slipped in the mud and she nearly fell to the ground. She yelped in surprise, but managed to catch herself. However, she stared at the brute in fear and surprise.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

My Hatred Grows Stronger [T] Tayssi Empty Re: My Hatred Grows Stronger [T] Tayssi

Post by Blackberry Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:19 am

The large male kept walking, his tail swaying. His ears pricked as the sound of a twig snapping filled his ears. The trees hissed in fear. His ears swiveled and he turned his massive head, dark eyes flashing. The male twitched his nose and turned. His limbs creaked as his body turned and his large paws cracked over leaves. "Who goes there?" the wolf boomed. His black lips were pulled back slightly in a evil smile, and his pale yellow teeth shined in the pale light. "Come out. You don't want me to get you," he added with a loud snarl. Finally, a living, breathing thing he could take his anger out on. His rage and eagerness for battle rumbled in his chest and stomach. His lust to kill and destroy made his dark heart beat hard in his chest.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:08 am

Renae stared at the brute in fear and shook her head as he spoke. Her ears flicked back and she straightened herself after a while. Her brown eyes stared at him, her white snow a startling contrast against the black spots on her body and the dark mud all around them. “Um, I’m sorry,” she said softly, stepping forward and showing herself completely. “I didn’t mean to upset you or anything,” she said, her tail drooping as she noticed how angry he seemed yet delighted when he knew someone was around. He was looking for a fight, she could sense it. She watched him closely before she cocked her head to the side and looked away for a moment, wondering if she should run. She had no idea how fast wolves were. But she knew they were fast. Could she outrun him? Or should she stay where she was?
Renae debated about this in her head for a long while before she finally came up with a conclusion and looked at the large brute, not wanting to risk him getting angrier and attacking her.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:21 am

Jae flicked his tail. He expected for it to be some weak, thin loner. However, it was a dog. She had a snow-white pelt decorated with black spots. She smelled heavily of humans. Jae took a threatening step forward, and the trees held their breath as they prepared for his angry words. "You have made a very bad mistake," the male said. He then let out a cruel laugh and sat on his haunches as he watched her move her head around, obviously looking to run away. "Go ahead, little puppy. See if you can outrun me. You are a dog who survived on pet food for most of your pitiful life, and I am a wild animal who has to kill just to fill my belly. So go ahead. Run if you can."The wolf scratched his side. His pelt was rather ripped and ragged, so his claws scraped against the pale pink skin that showed. His body bore scars from many battles, and there was one in particular. One over his eye that stood out against his dark eyes.

(drabbles)
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:26 pm

Renae lowered her head slightly when he spoke, saying she had made a mistake. The young dog’s heart raced in her chest as she watched him, wondering what she should do now. She didn’t want to die here. Maybe she should have gone to the pound. At least she would have found another home eventually. He spoke again and she snapped her attention back to him very quickly. Listening to his words carefully, Renae couldn’t help but whimper slightly, yet her hackles rose as well. She hated being called a pup. Hated it with a passion. She was not a pup. However, she knew, her strength against him would be like a pup. She lowered her front half to the ground, in a submissive motion for a moment, thinking.
“I really am sorry,” she said again and then her ears flicked forward and she darted to the side and bolted for it. She was suddenly thankful of her heritage. Dalmatians were a naturally fast breed, born and raised as stage coach dogs, running beside the horses. Sure, she wasn’t as fast as what her ancestors would’ve been, but she certainly was faster than a normal dog. She wasn’t sure if it was enough to keep away from him through. Renae dodged the trees with surprising agility in the muddy, slippery ground. Her heart was now pounding, adrenaline rushing through her veins as she pushed herself harder, wanting to escape. The scars littering his body had been proof of how much he loved to fight. She didn’t want to do that. She hadn’t fought before. Never.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:18 am

Jae had seen many things in his life. Dumb wolves or dogs who had tried to take him on, or a elk that had tried to flee. They had all failed. But he had never seen a dog bolt like that. Most of the dogs would try and jump on him, but this one ran. Jae flexed his muscles, feeling his shaggy fur fall loosely over his thick frame. The male stretched his hind legs, hearing the bones pop and crack. He tilted his head back and forth, hearing the bones crack as well. With a snarl, he inhaled her scent and bounded after her. The forest gasped as he took chase and the wind fell silent. Not even the leaves or grass rustled. The wind seemed dead. Jae's muscles snapped back and forth and he could feel the eagerness pulsing through his body.
As he ran, he tilted his head back and let out a loud, hungry animal howl. The howl rang through the trees and bounced off the bark. He could hear the trees whimpering and even the wind and grass let out their cries of fear. The urge to kill pulsed through his body. His veins pumped blood through his body and his long legs covered much ground with each bound. She will not escape me, he thought with a snarl. No stupid pet will run from me.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:43 am

Renae barely felt her paws even touch the muddy earth as she ran. She was almost a blur of white and black, her long legs carrying her swiftly. I don’t want to die she thought to herself with a whimper, not yet. I don’t want to die yet. She shook her head and her stride nearly faltered when she heard that animalistic, bloodthirsty howl. He was after her blood, and it terrified her. She pushed herself harder and faster, not wanting to be caught by him, knowing she would be killed. She ran around a heard of elk that didn’t notice her. She paused for a moment and growled loudly, barking and snarling at them, sending them into a frenzy, running right towards the wolf before she took off again.
In their panicked state, they would barely even notice him, so hopefully it would give her some time to lose him. Running, she took a very sharp right and kept moving. She jumped over a fallen log, which ended up being her demise. Behind it was a hill, and she landed harshly on her front right paw, twisting it badly. She yelped in pain and tumbled down the hill before she slid to a stop at the base of it. She whined softly before she pushed herself to her paws, not wanting to put much pressure on her paw. Pain sparked up her leg and she looked up the hill for a quick moment before she turned and ran, trying her best to ignore the pain. She was fast for a dog with an injured paw, but she was nowhere near as fast as before. If she had caught her track again, she was done for.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:19 am

Jae stumbled backwards as the deer raced towards them. He barely dodged their sharp hooves as they raced past him. Their musky, dirty scent drifted into his nostrils. The wolf huffed and dashed past. He had lost the dog. Where had she gone? His massive, scarred head swung back and forth. His black nostrils flared at his ripped ears swiveled back and forth. He then noticed paw prints in the mud. He walked forward to inspect them. They were turned and skidded deep in the mud. Four digited along with the claw-marks deep in the mud. However, these could be any kind of paw prints. But it wouldn't hurt to follow him. Besides, if it was something else he would gladly kill that. Jae jumped over the log, but as it did he realized he had just leaped over a log and right onto a hill. He yelped and yowled in pain as he tumbled down, and landed with a thump against a tree face-first. The male lifted his head. His nose was now bloody and his eyes were foggy and slightly disoriented. The wolf snarled and struggled to his paws.
His limbs were shaky and his skull rattled in his head. "She will pay!" the wolf snarled. He let out a bloodcurdling howl. It rang deep in his throat and out into the air. The wolf sniffed at the scent, yet blood slightly fogged his senses. Jae follow the scent. Some of the scent disappeared completely and only appeared a few muzzle-lengths ahead. The wolf tilted his head and guessed that the dog was injured. His lips pulled back in a eager and evil smirk. Good. He shook his head, trying to force the dizziness away and followed the scent, once again on the path to find and kill the dog.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:33 am

Renae heard the wolf’s howl and she couldn’t help but shudder in fear. However, it was distant, probably close to where she had fallen, though she couldn’t be sure. Renae slowed to a walk for the moment and then stopped completely, catching her breath. Most of her was covered in mud from the fall and her paw hurt like never before. She had always been an active dog, but had never got injured. Why now when she really needed to get away from something? Her breathing was sharp and she limped forward, wanting to stop, but knowing sooner or later, she’d be found. However, she soon found a river and her ears flicked forward. She jumped over it, walking into the trees on the other side before following her paw prints back to the river. She stepped into the water, and looked into the trees where she had left some tracks..
That should throw him off for a bit at least. Hopefully he thought she was just a stupid house pet to realise to do downstream, where the water would wash away her scent in an instant. Whining softly as she stepped on her paw, she followed the river downstream for about half an hour before she rolled in the water, washing the mud off of her and walking into the trees. She walked around for who knows how long before she found some dry shelter and she laid down, licking her sore paw. What would she do now? She’d always have to look out for him as long as she stayed in this forest. And she didn’t know how long that would be for with her injured paw. Renae couldn’t help but whimper at the thought.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:37 am

The wolf snarled his frustration. Her scent ended at the river. Just... vanished. He sniffed at the banks, tail flicking back and forth. He lifted his head, ears pricked. Could the dog really be smart enough to wash her scent away? Jae growled in disbelief. No dog was smart enough. They were all stupid and dumb with their brain full of eagerness to please their humans. The wolf splashed across the river and stood their, the pebbles rough beneath his paws. His damp fur clung to his large frame. He got out of the river and wagged his tail, frustrated again. His paws sank in the mud. He pulled his lips back to inhale the scent of the river. He lowered his nose to the ground. Jae inhaled the scent of water and mud. But there was another scent... no. That's not a dog scent. Jae huffed. Should he take the chances? They looked exactly like the prints at the top of the hill. The canine decided to follow them. He was really hungry, but he didn't want to stop and hunt. The female could easily slip away when he went to go hunt, and he would forget about her anyway when he was too focused on the hunt to care for the dalmatian.
Jae let his tail sway back and forth as he walked down the river. The mud grew warmer and harder beneath his paws. Farther downstream, however, the mud turned softer and colder. He looked over at the strange mud. It was a pale color of brown, and there were tiny rocks in it. It smelled really bitter. Jae licked at his paws. He recoiled at the taste - it tasted like carrion. He spat out the bitter tasting mud and wiped his tongue on the thick fur on his shoulder. He huffed. There was defiantly something wrong around here. Jae knew that the forest was infected. He'd better get out of here. A tree suddenly screamed. Jae barely leaped out of the way as it fell to the ground. The upper branches and leaves splashed into the river. Other trees wailed and screamed as their brother fell. The tree shrieked. Its upturned roots were dark brown, and Jae could have sworn it was bleeding. Jae fled, barking and howling in fear. His fur felt prickly and itchy as he ran forward blindly. He didn't care about the dog anymore - all he cared about was getting the heck out of this cursed and dying place.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:31 am

Renae closed her eyes, trying to ignore the pain in her paw. How would she hunt? She could, however, the more the put too much pressure on it, the worse it would become. She shook her head, sneezing at dirt got up her nose. She stretched her back leg, twisting her body slightly and scratched behind her ear. Afterwards, she stood and stretched, taking most weight off her injured paw. Yawning, Renae suddenly jumped as she heard the sound of a tree falling just a little downstream from the river, limping heavily along the way. She ran to inspect the area, stopping at the tree line. Just a little farther downstream, only about 20 metres, a tree fell to the ground. However, the roots looked odd, as did the rest of the trees around it, and the river. However, just away from the tree, was the wolf that had been chasing her. Her ears flicked forward for a moment before she backed up and crouched to the ground, hiding behind some bushes and watched him.
Soon though, the large wolf turned and ran, fear very clear in his eyes. The dog stood as he disappeared and she looked at the tree which had fallen for a moment, before she followed the river back upstream, guessing that, if the wolf was trying to get away, she should as well. Luckily, though, he had gone into the trees. She walked along the bank, now taking her time and only walking on 3 paws, keeping her injured one up near her stomach. It was harder to move, but she was managing. After a long effort, Renae came far enough away from the odd tree and mud and she almost collapsed on the side of the river. She laid down with a heavy huffing sigh. Her breathing slightly laboured. She lapped at the water and then laid her head on the ground. Would she be safe? She was in clear view, but the wolf had ran back the way he had come. She should be alright.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:29 am

Jae skidded to a stop. He spotted the white dog. He knew she had spotted him first. However, he was too focused on getting to safety then worrying about her. The wolf scrambled back the way he came, his large paws barely touching the ground. He dashed up the hill and clambered over the log. The elk herd had returned, nibbling at the grass. He glanced at his stomach. His last meal was two days ago, and he was starving. If he didn't eat soon he'd he seeing his ribs. As if to agree, his stomach rumbled. He swung his head and stared at one of the elk. Its shaggy brown pelt swayed as it moved around searching for more lusher pickings. Jae was relived it was female - he was too tired and hungry to fight with a male. The elk moved its squat head and its dark, watery brown eyes were focused on him. Jae froze. Before he could do anything the elk tilted back it's head and let out an ear-shattering bleat. All the other elks reacted immediately, rearing back and dashing away. Their hooves thundered over the grass, flattening it. Jae was relieved again. Flat grass would mean that he could run with ease. His dark eyes searched for a weaker elk - there. A young one. It was trying to run as well, its knees buckling every time it got to its hooves. The calf's mother was nudging it, but its eyes were on Jae. The calf was bleating in terror. The herd had already left them behind. "Not even your herd wants you," Jae sneered, approaching quickly but warily. A mother defending her young was even more dangerous then the most angriest wolf. "What a shame. What a shame..." However, instead of attacking him the cow only bleated sadly at her calf and bounded after the herd. Jae huffed. Dumb cow, he thought. What kind of mother abandons her own offspring? Jae felt a tiny bit of pity. The calf was trembling, its wide eyes laid on Jae. Jae would've let it go if his belly hadn't reminded him that he was hungry. Jae grabbed the calf's neck and pinned it to the ground. The young bleated, legs thrashing. Jae slowly closed his jaws, enjoying its screams and bleats. "That's right," he said cruelly. "Beg for mercy." He released the neck to let out another blood-curdling howl. The trees stared sadly at the calf as Jae locked his jaws around its throat again. Jae knew he would have to kill it quickly and drag it away before the tree's released their angry and rage on him for killing the young calf.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:52 am

Renae closed her eyes for a long while, trying to sleep. And soon, sleep came.. Maria, her owner’s girlfriend was over when Renae was barely 6 months. The woman held a wooden spoon high above her head, glaring down at her. Her owner had gone shopping, so she was left alone with the terrifying human. Renae had been taught never to attack a human, so she never would. Even when the woman brought the stick down across her muzzle. Renae yelped and slid across the floor as the sound of the wooden spoon splintering and breaking came to her sensitive ears. The dog whined, licking her nose and whimpering. The woman advanced towards the white dog and flung her foot back before flinging it forward and kicking her in the ribs. Renae yelped again, jumping to her paws, wincing at the pain in her ribs as she jumped away from the woman. Renae scrambled underneath a bed and hid, scrambling away from the woman’s searching hands. However, after she had been left under the for hour an hour, a hand gripped her scruff roughly and yanked her out from the bed. The young pup stared at the woman in horror as she threw her out the bedroom door, into the wall and walked out, slamming the door behind her.
The woman stepped over the pup and when she tried to run, she was hit on the back of the head, the woman screaming, “stop running!” however, Renae ran again and saving grace, her owner came home 2 minutes later. The young pup whimpered and ran up to him, hiding between his legs, her muzzle and ribs throbbing still. “What’s wrong, girl?” he asked her, kneeling and petting her. Maria walked up and crouched in front of Renae, ignoring her frightened whimpers and reaching over, patting her. “I have no idea, she’s acting weird today,” she said in a sickly sweet voice. Renae’s owner, Mark, stared at Renae for a moment before he went into the kitchen. The woman turned to glare at the dog and went to stand, but not before pinching the dog’s flank. Renae yelped again and watched as the woman got up and went to Mark.

Renae woke with a startled yelp, her breathing heavy and her whole body feeling hot. She stood up, forgetting about her paw for a moment and she ran into the trees. She had never dreamt of when she was a pup. So why now? Renae growled at the thought and kept running, pushing herself faster, her back legs bunching behind her and propelling her forward, her front paws catching her on the ground once again. Once her head cleared, she slowed to a halt and that’s when the pain came back. Renae whimpered softly and looked around. She could see no one. The white dog limped forward, walking for a while before a clearing came into view. She stepped into the clearing and looked around, but it looked empty to her. Renae sighed and sat down, lifting her paw up to her chest. What should she do now? She had been asleep throug the howl, so she couldn't tell whether the wolf was close or not.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:57 am

Jae had only ate half of the carcass. He found himself thinking about the dalmatian again. He closed his eyes as he remembered her patched black pelt and her soft brown eyes. The male shook his head free of the thoughts. You want to kill her, remember? the wolf thought. He scratched at the calf's bloody carcass. He wasn't hungry anymore. The lust for vengeance and blood (dog blood) filled his mind. This dog was like no other. She seemed to be able to get away from him. Every time he had her in his grasp she would be able to wriggle away. Jae huffed. Maybe... maybe if he could try again. If not he would leave her alone and perhaps she would earn his respect. The wolf got up and yawned, feeling his bones crack. The pop echoed in his ears and he flexed his hind legs. He kicked some dirt over the carcass and tasted the air. There it was. The female dog's scent. He wagged his tail eagerly. However, when he began to follow it the wind blew the scent away. He could hear the trees and wind giggling in his ears. The wolf snarled his frustration and tried to follow it but the wind blew again. Jae sighed. He pushed himself into the bushes and immediately froze. There she was. Sitting in the clearing, the sun sparkling on her snow colored pelt. Jae's dark eyes narrowed. He stayed quiet, haunches tense. She was on the other side of the clearing. He didn't dare move, just watched her with interest. He had only killed dogs, not watched what they did. So he got comfortable and watched her, waiting for something interesting to happen.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:21 am

Renae’s ears flicked forward as the wind blew, almost pushing her forward. The dog crouched on the ground, watching a rabbit as it poked its head from a burrow, not noticing her. Rabbits were slippery creatures. She had lived on 2 acres, so had many on the property. They had made homes there and she had been trained to get rid of them. They and other small creatures were probably the only thing she could kill. So out here, she’d have to live off of them. It would sustain her at least. Renae hid in the grass, staying extra still. Her paw was hurting, but she able to ignore it for a while. For at least 2 minutes, she stayed and waited as it came out of its burrow and hopped at least 2 metres away. She stepped forward, her ears flicked back as she watched the creature.
The only significant thing about a rabbit was that they were quick and easy to escape from trouble. It frustrated Renae to no end when they slipped from her grasp. The dog stepped forward again and then lunged at the oblivious rabbit. She pinned it the ground, ignoring its terrified cries. She grasped its neck in her jaws, stood straight and shook her head furiously, breaking its neck. Normally, she’d never eat them, but she was out in the wild now. She’d have to. She dog slowly at the rabbit, testing its taste for a moment, before she ate more of it. It was stringy, but alright. The dog ate about ¾ of it before she straightened herself. She stepped forward, forgetting about her paw and she put pressure on it, before she quickly stepped back off it with a whine. She licked it gently with a whimper before she looked around the clearing.
Her brown eyes landed on the wolf a moment later and her eyes widened. She stared at him for a long moment, not willing to break her gaze from him. She took a curious step forward, wondering why he hadn’t moved. However, she thought against it and the dog turned around swiftly, ripping up the grass and dirt beneath her paws and taking off. Even running with a limp, she was fast, but not as fast as before. She vanished into the trees, pushing herself faster with a whine. She was going to make her paw worse if she kept this up, but she had to leave. Though , the memory of him watching her came to her mind and she wondered why he hadn’t just tried to kill her like earlier.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:29 am

Jae growled in anger as his eyes locked on hers. Before he could even leap out of the bushes the dog turned and fled. With a snarl he bounded after her. The trees held their breath, a few silently praying for the dog to get away. But Jae was fueled on anger and eagerness. He covered much ground, his long legs stretching far and wide. His paws snapped twigs and leaves and he leaped over fallen trees, stumps, and bushes. He could see her now. She was like a blur with black spots. He couldn't wait to sink his teeth into her body and rip her to bits.. A sound suddenly filled his ears. A crack. A shriek bellowed deep in his throat and Jae fell flat on his face. He rolled over, eyes slitted with pain. He stared at his paw. It was twisted and he could literally see it throbbing painfully. His claws were ripped and bloody and the skin that was showing was swollen and bloated. The wolf howled his agony to the darkening sky. He rolled over again. He wanted to get to his paws but his paw hurt so much. Jae just lay there on his belly, broken paw stretched in front of him like a dead calf's leg.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:42 am

Renae kept running and her ears flicked back as she heard the wolf gaining on her. She panicked and almost tripped over, however, she caught herself in the nick of time, though on her bad paw. The dog yelped in pain, but kept going, pressing herself to run faster. Her heart pounded in her chest and she wondered if this was it. Would she die now? Would she see her own life slip away between the wolf’s jaws? The dog shook her head, shaking the thoughts away, not wanting to distract herself now. Not when he was basically on her tail. However, a sickening sound came her ears, as did a shriek of pain and a howl. The dog looked behind herself and saw the wolf, on the ground, obviously broken paw stretched out in front of him.
The dog kept on running, thinking. However, a moment later, she dug her paws into the soft ground and skidded to a stop. She whined softly as her paw folded beneath her. She righted herself and turned around, walking towards the wolf. He was in view and she stopped about 2 metres from him. Her tail tucked between her legs. She was scared, obviously, however, she was pushing her fear to the side for now. She crouched on the ground, looking at the wolf and then taking a step closer to look at his paw. She cringed at the sight but then looked at the wolf again. “Umm…” she said softly, stepping back and lowering herself to the ground. “Did you want me to help?” she asked, her voice shaking slightly.
It was strange. What animal, once running from someone trying to kill them, would turn back and help that same creature when they got hurt? Renae couldn’t fathom why she was doing it, but she had always been a kind hearted dog and this wolf was in trouble, she had to do what she could. Even though she was hurt, she would do what she could.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:56 am

Jae had hoped to just lay there until he could gain enough strength to get up, but however a scent reached his nostrils as well as a nervous question asking if he wanted help. The wolf immediately lifted his head. His instincts kicked in and he pulled his lips back in a snarl. "Why would I want your help?" he asked bitterly. His scarred ears flicked back and forth and his ragged tail was curled up in pain. He leaned down to lick at his broken paw, his dark eyes set on hers the whole time. His whiskers tickled his paw and he nibbled at his broken claws.

(sorry brain-fart and i have to afk for a little bit)
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:10 am

Renae jumped back at his bitter words and she lowered herself to the ground again, ears flicking back. However, she didn’t leave. She watched the wolf as he licked his paw, knowing that he was watching her the whole time. “Because!” she said, ears swivelling forward, “your paw is broken and it’s common knowledge that anything broken can kill a wolf. Or anything for that matter, without being treated for or helped. It’s not like you could run on it to kill any prey. And because I’m probably the only one that would help you, I will,” she said, pushing herself sit up, moving her paw off the ground slightly. “It would be unfair of me to leave you to die because you broke your paw because you were chasing me. Which basically makes it my fault,” she said gently, looking away for a moment. She had no idea why she was being nice to him. Sometimes she wished she wasn’t so soft.

(same here.. Sorry >.< i'll get started on our cat one now)
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:28 am

Jae rolled his eyes. "Fine then," he said. He sighed as she spoke. His gaze hardened. "But I warn you. Wolves do not take well to trust. If you would know better, you would turn around and run away as fast as you could." The wolf sighed and lay his head down, his uninjured paw curled underneath his body. He kept his gaze on her, his tail flicking back and forth with suspicion. He had learned to never trust anybody - especially a dog who licked their owner's feet. Jae huffed, his paw still aching with pain. He wanted the pain to stop, and he whined softly, a sound he rarely made.

(kk ^^ Going to go eat cake now >:'D)
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:50 am

Renae huffed at his ‘fine then’ but she grinned none-the-less. However, when he spoke again, she lowered her head to meet him eye level. “I know that. After you trying to kill me so many times, don’t think I’m stupid enough to think you’re not going to try and do the same thing once you can move again. I’m not an idiot,” she said and then pulled back and looked around, thinking. What should she do, first? She had been a house pet, so she didn’t know of anything out here that might help. Obviously, keeping him hydrated was an important thing to do. But he didn’t seem dehydrated. Giving him enough to eat was necessary, too, but she guessed he had already eaten by now. The dog huffed softly and looked down at him. “Did you want anything at the moment? Other than for me to go away or die?” she asked, watching him. She had heard him whine, but decided not to say anything about it, in case he got upset about it. She didn't want to upset him.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:39 am

Jae looked up at her, his right ear flicking. "Some water would be nice," he said. "If you pull moss out of the water then it's wet. There's a river around here somewhere. Just taste the wind." He licked his lips, eager at getting some water. But he didn't dare get up. Just laying here and waiting for the dog to help him would be much better then standing on his broken paw. The paw had stopped throbbing (it still hurt a little) but he could feel the muscles tensing up. If he didn't move it then he knew it would get stiff and then he would feel even worse. Jae sighed, rolling on his side. He made sure not to roll on his paw and instead stretched it out and let the other leg sprawl over it. His hind legs were splayed out lazily and he let his tail flick back and forth.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:49 am

Renae grinned when he said he wanted some water. The dog’s ears flicked forward as he explained how to get some, taking the information in easily. She nodded and straightened herself. She turned and tested her paw, wincing, but she ignored it and bolted off, followed the scent to the river. Rivers smelt similar to on coming rain, so it was easy to find. Her ears flicked forward when she found the river and she searched the water before she found a big bit of moss. She scratched at it, loosening it from the rocks before she dipped her muzzle into the water and grabbed it, pulling it out, her tail wagging from side to side. She sneezed slightly to rid the water from her nose and she collected a bit more before she turned and ran back to the wolf.
She slowed when she got to him and placed the moss near his head and then stepped back quickly and laid down, resting her head on the ground and staring into the trees. At that moment, she wished she was with Mark again. It was lonely without him. He may have been a criminal to human law, but he had always been so kind and gentle towards her. Renae sighed and placed her good paw over her nose and closed her eyes.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:59 am

Jae eyed her for a moment before nudging the moss closer and licking at it with his tongue. "So," he said. "How did you end up here? You don't strike me as the type of dog to run away from home." He nodded to the collar(is she wearing a collar? o3o) around her neck. The wolf literally tore the moss apart. He even ate some of the moss, enjoying the wet taste. It slid down his throat and he swallowed it. He felt his throat grow moist and his nose grew damp. Jae licked his paws and sniffed around the spot where the moss had once been. He licked his muzzle and focused his gaze on her.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next