Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M)

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) Empty Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M)

Post by southerncowgirl Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:03 pm

3:30AM...I awaken out of a nightmare with a scream. "It was just a dream. It was just a dream." I repeat to myself and slowly get up making my way to the bathroom almost tripping over Catori and Skylark sleeping next to my bed. I look at myself in the mirror. Sweat covers my body, my clothes soaked. I decide to jump in the shower and try to clear my head. "In only a couple hours it'll be time to get up and start my day anyway." I think. It had been a couple weeks since my last nightmare. Normally Ryan would stay with me, but he went out of town to pick up some horses for me. Such a sweetheart. He'd do anything for me. I scrub down, trying to get the filth off me from my dream. I don't want to go back to where I was, but dreams keep bringing it back. Finally my thoughts turn to my day ahead, the horses I will work with and the dogs that will be by my side the whole way. "I just wish Ryan was here with me." I think to myself as I step out of the shower and dress. "It's as good a time as any to check my messages." I listen to my voice mail and check my emails. A few new clients wanting to get in and some coming to pick up their horses and dogs. Sighing, I walk downstairs to fix some coffee and breakfast, my girls following close behind. The house seems so big and empty being the only one here. Quietly, I turn the coffee pot on and pour food into each of the girls' bowls then search for something for me to eat. Settling on cereal, I pour myself a bowl and quickly eat before I let the dogs out and head to the barn. 

Catori: Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) Lynn-m11

Skylark: Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) Austra11

OOC: There can be a few other people to join (can be a stable hand, another guy that's interested in her, a client, etc.) but I need someone to at least play Ryan and you have to read Rhylie's bio... https://horseisland.rpg-board.net/t12241-rhylie-ullman
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) Empty Re: Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M)

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:32 pm

3:30 AM: The roar of the road and trailer hit my ears, causing me to jerk my head up. I was bringing these horses back to Rhylies place, but was extremely tired. Even Duke was sound asleep in the back, I could hear his steady snores. The horses were whinnying in the back, but I had to ignore it, Rhylies place was just up the road. Soon the bumps and jerks of gravel awoke Duke, causing him to jerk forward. I laughed and parked in Rhylies driveway and hopped out of the truck, slamming the door after Duke jumped out. I opened the trailer and grabbed the two horses by their halters and bringing them to the pasture where I had been told to put them. I sat down on a hay bale in the barn, but never got up, I fell asleep. Duke laid at my feet and fell asleep as well.

Back to top Go down

Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M) Empty Re: Time to live it up and stop worrying about the past... (M)

Post by southerncowgirl Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:45 pm

I walk silently to the barn, only hearing the chirp of crickets. It's too dark to see anything so I don't notice the two new horses. Opening the barn door, I flip the light switch and hear the whinnies and nickers of the horses wondering why I am out here so early. "It's ok. You're still going to get fed at regular time. I just need to do a few things first." I tell them and walk toward the office, almost falling over Ryan's leg as I round the corner. I giggle as I accidentally awaken him and Duke. "I'm sorry Ryan. I didn't know you were bedding down here." I say jokingly as I pet Duke and ask, "how's the good boy today?"
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:03 pm

((K, my pics wont load so: Dukes a German shepherd and Ryan had blonde hair and blue eyes, very tall and muscular.))

I woke with a jerk, falling off the hay bale, landing beside her. I laughed "It's fine, I just fell asleep when I sat down." I scratched Duke between his ears, making him roll over for me to scratch his belly.

((SSS))

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:15 pm

(lol ok)

"I didn't mean to wake you. I honestly didn't see you there, but you know you can go to the house if you would like. We can take a look at those beauties later. I'm just gonna do some work in the office for a bit." I say with a sigh at the last part. Noticing him look at me questioningly I reply, "Couldn't sleep." and give the look he knows all to well.
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:25 pm

"Oh, that's perfectly fine. I know, but now I'm not going to be able to go back to sleep. I'll help you or sit with you?" he said, standing up. He offered her a hand to get up and asked, "The nightmare?"

((SSS, im tired which is why im making short posts))

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:31 pm

(understandable, it's ok)

"Are you sure? I know you must be super tired." I reply helping him to his feet. "Yeah. I don't know what it is. Why is can't get rid of it. The same one every time." My eyes start tearing up as I talk about it, scared it will happen again. "I just wish I could stop thinking about it and move on. It's like I'm trapped in that moment and can't get out. No one can save me from it." I try to smile, but he knows me better than I do sometimes and I break down, hugging him. Ryan's the only guy I have been able to trust since then, besides my brothers.
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:38 pm

I frowned "Well, what started the nightmare?" I wrapped my arms around her in a protective hug, then I sighed not the best at comforting.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:53 pm

"I had a night like any other. Went to bed after a long day training. Bred a couple of mares and a dog for a couple people. Nothing out of the ordinary. It's just the same one over and over." I finish between sobs. The horses nicker wanting their morning feed. "I better get to work before the hands come and see me like this." I say after a few minutes, trying to push it into the back of my mind, and dry my eyes. I've never been one to spill out my emotions or what has happened in the past to someone except Ryan, but I hate bothering him with it even though he never seems to care. "Hey. Wanna go for a ride later? I have a couple horses that are just about ready to go home and need some trail time."
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:13 pm

"Hm..." I sighed, confused. I rubbed her hair lightly as she sobbed, trying his best to comfort her. "Of course! A ride sounds amazing!" I exclaimed happily, Duke piping in with a bark.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:23 pm

I smile and hug him again. Smelling his cologne makes my heart race. I want nothing more than to just kiss him right here, but I restrain myself and pull away. "Awesome. So do you wanna give me a hand in the office or go to the house and rest after all that driving. I know it was a long trip."
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:14 am

I hug her tightly, the feeling of her smooth hair on my cheek sending goosebumps down my neck. As she pulled away I nodded "I'll go help you in the office, but I might sneak a nap." I laugh, jokingly on the last part.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:35 am

"Haha. Ok, but I'm gonna warn you. It's a total mess right now. I have got to get it cleaned up before the new clients get here to look at the place. I've let it go too long and letting the camp kids play in here didn't help either." I say before opening the door and showing the room a total disaster. Flipping the light on, I walk in and start going through papers on the desk, filling the ones I need and throwing ones I don't in the trash.
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:41 am

I laughed and followed her into the room of mass disaster. "Wow..." I chuckled, plopping down and started sorting through papers. I picked through what she might need, and throwing away what I knew she didn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:48 am

After an hour of cleaning, I look around satisfied and catch the time...5:00. The stable hands would be here in 30 minutes to feed, turn out, and clean stalls. "Thanks Ryan. I wouldn't of been able to clean it up this quick without you. What do you say we go to the house and relax until my first client arrives?"
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:53 am

By the time we were done I was barely awake, so I nodded "Yeah, rest sounds awesome." Then he figured he would go out and clean up the new horses for the client. I stood up and offered a hand to help her up.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:09 am

"Great. Oh thanks." I say with a smile as I take his hand and he pulls me up. "I could use a good nap before it gets too busy." I walk out the door, down the aisle, and out of the barn toward the house with Ryan and Duke following close behind. Walking inside, I head for the kitchen and pour us both a drink, handing one to Ryan. "Would you mind laying with me for a bit? I don't know if I could take waking up to another nightmare alone." I ask sadness coming over my face as I think about it.
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:18 am

I nod and follow her to the house. I take the drink with a nod of thanks and take a giant gulp, "Sure, I'll lay with you. I understand." I said, with a nod. I gave her a hug as I see the sadness on her face.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:41 pm

"Thanks." I say muffled by his shirt. Pulling away, I walk up the stairs to my bedroom, kick off my boots, and crawl into bed.
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:48 pm

I followed her and took off my boots and sat beside her.

((SSS))

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:55 pm

Feeling him near comforts me, but not enough. Lightly, I grab his hand and pull him toward me until he's practically cuddling me. I smile a little and slowly drift off to sleep.
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:59 pm

I let myself go limp and wrapped my arms around when she pulled me. Within just a couple minutes I was asleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:15 pm

I awaken to a truck and trailer rattling up the drive. "Oh crap." I whisper looking at the clock and not wanting to wake him up. It was already 7:00 and the lady was here to pick up her 3 horses. I quickly and quietly get up, slip my boots on and head to the barn hoping to get there before she does.
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:21 pm

I wake up only a few minutes after her, also seeing the truck, remembering I had to exercise the horses. I jumped up and grabbed my boots, putting them on as I ran. I hopped on one of the four-wheelers and sped up beside her "Need a ride?" I joked.

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncowgirl Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:27 pm

"Sure" I laugh and hop on behind him, clinging to his waist. We make it to the barn before the lady. I make my way down the aisle stopping one of the hands. "Lilly, Cruze, and Diego. Are they all ready to be trailered?" I ask. He nods, "Yes ma'am. Sam just got done grooming and wrapping them." "Good. Thank you." I say as I walk to each of their stalls, check on them and checking their charts as I go.
southerncowgirl
southerncowgirl
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next