Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadows (Dark light)

2 posters

Go down

Shadows (Dark light) Empty Shadows (Dark light)

Post by Spritz Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:26 pm

Far too long, he had stayed far too long. He needed to move, to get out of here as fast as possible. After being spotted by one of the elves, he needed to leave, as the rumor of his existance had already spread like wildfire. Zehon crouched down in the bushes, his black hair falling slightly into his eyes, the deep red bandana doing nothing. His dark eyes glittered slightly, his hands pushing onto the ground, hunched quietly in the shadow's of the forest, that were deep and concealed his body. A harsh caw from overhead made his head snap up, his sharp eyes taking in the outline of a large black bird flying overhead. He knew Raven's were intelegant creatures, and this one had probably been sent out to alarm the village of his presence. Knowing that all animals could sense if something was looking, or watching them, he averted his eyes and stayed silent until the bird had moved on, flapping its large black wings and flying out of sight. Only then did Zehon stand, cautiously pushing himself up off of the ground, his loose dark shirt hanging slightly on his upper body. His rough, calloused hand rested on the hilt of his sword, the shape perfectly fitting into his palm. The sheath was connected to a leather belt that was resting around Zehon's hips, and he finally stood all of the way, his muscles taught and whipcord tight, ready to lash out at anything that moved, anything that was a threat. He heard a slight rustling in the bushes, and whirled around, his face set like stone, hard eyes glittering and unblinking. Jaw tight, he slid the curved blade out of its sheath silently, holding it lightly in his fingers, as he watched with unerving silence.

(Ok, he's moving out of the territory of an elven village.)
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Shadows (Dark light) Empty Re: Shadows (Dark light)

Post by Dark**Light Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:55 pm

Asiah had been watching Zehon for a very long time. She had hidden in a bush when she saw him, but when she shifted her position and snapped a twig, she scared herself. Then she rustled the bush. Better reveal myself now. Otherwise he might kill me on accident. Asiah slipped her foot out of the bush, showing her soft, bare skin of her foot. Right after that she pulled herself all the way through, her ginger hair shimmering in the light. The fog was still low hanging and there was limited visibility. Asiah's black leather outfit was form fitting and went well with her ginger hair. "What are you doing here?" said Asiah. She was an elf that lived in the village. Her mother had sent her out to retrieve the horses. Then Asiah saw Zehon. She ducked down and came closer to investigate. Her mother would be calling her soon. "I know you need to get out of here quickly. I have two horses tied up not far from here. I'll help you get out of here if I get to go with you. I'm a constant trouble maker in my elven town and I don't think it would be a curse to my town if I were to go missing. I trust you. Follow me." said Asiah. She ran to the horses and said "You grab the grey horse named Rouge. I'll take the Palomino, Desert Storm." Asiah quickly mounted her horse and listened closely. "I can here the guards coming closer. Hurry. This way." whispered Asiah. Asiah quickly kicked Desert Storm's sides and galloped off into the fog.

Asiah's outfit: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs15/f/2006/361/b/8/Elven_Archer_by_atistatplay.jpg (Without the bow and with ginger hair)
Rouge: http://img1.etsystatic.com/il_170x135.272959653.jpg
Desert Storm: http://www.free-digital-photography-tips.com/images/aug11-07-swiss-palomino-horse-jumping-jump-fog-090.jpg
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Location : Curled up in a hole ready for the cold embrace of death

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:49 pm

The hunched shadow soon started to morph, and Zehon narrowed his eyes. A bare foot soon slid out of the bushes, pressing onto the ground before the rest of the body started to make its way out of the shadows. Zehon readied his blade, holding it expertly in his palm. He could kill this creature in an instant, but held himself back untill he found out who it was. A slender femenine figure stepped out after, long ginger hair falling over her shoulders and down her back in delecate, shining waves. She was wearing tight black clothing that clung close to her body, outlining the curves to her figure. Zehon blinked once, partially in surprise, and partially in remembrance that elven woman were extremley beautiful. He slowly lowered his blade, his eyes drawn to her figure, before he shook his head and broke himself out of his... manly trance.
Setting his jaw as she started to speak, he had also forgotten how lovley their voices were. It seemed to dance in the air around him, falling off of the leaves. It was beautiful, but he gazed into her eyes, before stepping back as she stated that she trusted him.
He started to protest, but he was quickly led to where two horses were waiting. She swung up onto ones back, before telling him to do the same and galloping off into the fog. He rubbed his forhead slightly, closing his eyes. Placing his hands on the horses withers, he pushed himself up onto his back and kicked him into a smooth gallop, following in her lead.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark**Light Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:01 am

Asiah slowed down and said "We should be arriving soon. Be carefull or we might be---AHHH!!!" Asiah had an arrow graze her arm and her arm began bleeding badly. Asiah grabbed her arm and while her horse was galloping along, she let go and fell off her horse, tumbling onto the ground. Asiah curled into a ball and began screaming in pain. One of the forest dwellers had dipped it's arrow in poison and the arrow had grazed her arm. Asiah looked up and saw Deser Storm running away. Asiah slowly, and what seemed to be painfully, called for Desert Storm and she came back. But while the horse was running back, the horse was shot by the poison arrow and promptly died. Asiah watched it all happen and screamed in pain. Her horse died and her arm was grazed by a poison arrow.
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:13 am

Feeling the smooth rythem of the galloping horse under him, Zehon relaxed a bit. The fog was growing denser, and he could hardly see the footing underneath the steeds hooves, and the path ahead of them. Suddenly a figure loomed up ahead of them, and the horse dodged to one side. The pair narrowly avoided the female elf and her horse, before she started to speak. Galloping side by side, Zehon glanced over at her, before she screamed in pain. Her hand clutched at her arm, where blood was trickling through her fingers. A red feathered arrow wizzed past, and she fell off of her horse, tumbling to the ground. Zehon's hands gripped the steed's long flowing mane, and he whirled the animal around, before hearing a peircing whinny. He turned around to see the woman's horse skidding, tripping over his own hooves and falling into the dirt. Its mouth was slightly open, foam dotting its lips, and he turned away from the terrible sight, wincing.
They had shot their own kind!?
As the horse cantered towards the elf, he leaned down and snatched her up by the back of her shirt, hearing a tear and grimacing. Swinging her up ahead of him on the horses back, he kicked the steed into a dead gallop, his hands tightly around her waist.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark**Light Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:23 am

Asiah looked at Zehon and said quietly, "They know I'm helping you." Asiah held her arm and saw the sihgt of her dead horse. Asiah reached with her good arm and said "We can't leave her. I've had her since I was a child." The Asiah realized what she was doing and grabbed her wounded arm, crying for the loss of her horse. Asiah slowly let go of her arm and checked her shirt's seams. The back seam was ripped and if she didn't fix it soon, it would tear even worse and cause her shirt to fall right off. Asiah let go and grabbed her arm again. She rested her head on the horse's neck and said "What's your name? I know it sounds like a question a three year old might ask but, I think since you saved me, it's a reasonable question. Then, you'll ask what my name is, so may as well get it over with. My name is Asiah." Asiah had trouble speaking and was slowly drifting away to what seemed like a never ending sleep. (A.K.A she's dying from the poison. She needs to see a healer or she'll risk death.)
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:35 am

Another arrow wizzed through the air, and Zehon ducked just in time. He pushed both him and the woman down onto the horses back, just as the arrow sailed over his head and stuck in the trunk of a tree, directly behind them. Urging the horse faster, he shook his head as the woman wanted to go back for her horse. "No, there is no use! You need to get to saftey!" The woman leaned her head down onto the horses neck, mumbling something. The back of her shirt was split open, and Zehon tried to keep his eyes off of her smooth tanned skin. Setting his jaw, they soon galloped to saftey, and she asked his name, giving hers.
"Zehon. Dont talk anymore, you'll only get weaker."
He knew this poison well, and as listened for the sound of water. When he finally heard it, he stopped the horse and slid off of his back, before grabbing Asiah and pulling her off, carrying her in his strong arms and lying her down near the waters edge.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark**Light Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:05 am

Asiah looked into Zehon's eyes as he lifted her to the water's edge. Asiah slowly closed her eyes as he put her down. Asiah opened her eyes and splashed water on her bad arm, getting her shirt wet. Slowly, she shifted her position, but while doing so, she heard a rip. Asiah sighed and said "There goes the back seam." Asiah sat up and slipped into the water, only to clean out her wound. There were cattails and seaweed. She needed both of them. She picked a few cattails and began to rub the cut with cattail fluff. That cleaned out the poison. Then she washed the wound again and wrapped it with dyr seaweed. That closes the wound. Asiah felt herself regain strength and she slowly stood up. Asiah waded into the pond and dove into the deeper water. She came up, up to her neck in the water. But while she was under the water, her top floated off and she came up...topless. When she realized what happened, Asiah yelped and stayed in the water. She quickly grabbed her top before Zehon could see her and stayed in the water. She knew Zehon didn't know that her top came off...and hoped he never would know.
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:25 am

The arrow hadn't gone in deep, nor had it punctured any main veins. If it had, Asiah would have been in a coma within minutes. But she seemed to be handling it very well, as she quickly washed out the bleeding wound and started to treat it. "Let it bleed. It will flush the poison out." Zehon started to advise her, but then thought better of it. She was capable of doing things herself, he was sure. Shaking his head, he ran a hand through his mop of black hair and glanced up as he felt something on his shoulder.
The horse rested his muzzle there, hot breath on his neck. He raised a hand and stroked its nose gently, before pushing himself out of his hunched position and standing, all the while stroking the horses face, speaking quietly to calm the animal down. The horse thrust his head near Zehon's chest, before giving a snort and turning, shaking his head and lowering it to graze. The elven man turned back to the water, and saw Asiah making her way to the deeper water. He made his way to the pools edge and sat on the bank, leaning up against the trunk of a willow tree that was growing near the waters edge. Its long tendrils flowed gently in the breeze, and Zehon turned his eyes back to Asiah. What he saw made him blink once, before his face flushed slightly and he turned away, completley embarrased. Her top had come off, and she hadn't known...

Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark**Light Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:40 am

Asiah looked around frantically and said "I need a little help. If you don't mind, could you take a small twig and some vine, could you try to sew my shirt back up? It tore and now it cant even be considered a shirt. Though it's pretty much hopeless because the back seam is broken and a vine won't fix it. I need the things from the pack on my other horse. But that's too far away. You know what. Just cover your eyes and I'll fasion myself a shirt." Asiah slowly slipped out of the water and began to dry seaweed and pulll together a few vines. She tore apart the vine into thinner strips and connected a strip to a small twig. She sewed each strand of long dry seaweed together and sewede the two large sheets of seaweed together on the sides. She slipped on the shirt and said "You can uncover your eyes now. I'm a quick worker with a needle. What do you think?" All the time that Asiah had been making the new shirt, she wasn't waering a shirt. Asiah smiled and picked up the remains of her old shirt and said "May as well give old Rouge here a wipedown with this wet shirt." Asiah chuckled and began cooling off Rouge with her old, wet shirt.
Aisah's new shirt: http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumbs/4d/01/archer,archery,dragon,fantasy,warrior-4d0120aad1437bdc03205d4ce0009666_i.jpg (picture it with black knee length pants)
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:52 am

Zehon had quickly turned away, mostly in embarrasment for himself, and for Asiah. He pushed himself to his feet, quickly turning and raising an eyebrow as she started to ramble. He had just leaned down to grab her bag when she told him she could do it herself, and to cover his eyes. Zehon was an honorable man, so he did just that. Though his desires wanted him to look, there was no way he was going to so he turned his back and stepped away as he heard faint splashing, knowing that she was getting out to retreive her bag.
His face was quite flushed, his dark hair falling into his equally dark eyes. Shaking his head, he held out a hand for the horse, who snorted and raised his head, walking towards him and lipping at his hair slightly.
Zehon smiled gently, before trailing his fingers over the white patch on Rouge's forhead, his long forlock blowing over it. The marking resembled that of a symbol, if even remotly vauge. Still, he frowned and looked closer. Suddenly, he heard Asiah's voice behind him and turned around slowly, hesitantly, before giving her a weak smile. "Better..." Her new shirt was still just as form fitting, and low. But he pushed the thoughts away and turned his eyes back onto the animal at hand.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark**Light Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:32 pm

Asiah stopped wiping down the horse and said "So should we keep going? I can walk alng side you." Asiah looked at Zehon and said "But before we leave, I wanna show you something." Asiah walked away from him and walked up to a small, hidden, burnt cottage. Asiah felt a tear roll down her cheek and said quietly, "This was where my parents and I grew up. They lived here and they raised me here. But when I turned 13, there was a fire and my parents didn't make it out of the house in time. They died. I live with my adoptive mother. I remember when my dad would take me to the lake and we would take turns blowing the fluff off of cat tails." Asiah began to feel tears flowing out of her eyes very quickly. "I'm sorry for telling you about my childhood. I'd go back in time and change it...but I can't," Asiah felt anger welling up inside her and she said "Why'd I even show you this place. It was stupid and it never should've happened. I'm sorry. I'm so stupid." Aisah sat down on the ground and rested her head on her kness, wrapping her arms around her legs and crying.
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Zehon frowned as the woman practically dragged him through the woods, until they reached a small, burned out cottage. His frown grew deeper as she started to talk to him about her child hood, and his mind raced for something to say. He was a total stranger, and didn't know why she was telling him such things. Suddenly, she burst into tears and Zehon grimaced, not knowing what to do. He patted her awkwardly on the back, wincing slightly.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark**Light Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:05 pm

Asiah stood up and said "Small comfort Zehon. But it's better than nothing." She wiped away the tears of her past and quickly said, before another emotional breakdown would happen, "Let's get going. We need to keep going. I know these woods too well and could lead us to an old safe house my parents and I used when there were warriors running all about the forest. We should be there in a minute or so. You'll know it when you see it. It should look like an old shabby shed. It looks a lot smaller on the outside." Not a moment too soon, Asiah spotted the shack from where she was standing. "There it is!" Asiah ran up to it and swung open the door. She took a step inside and yelped a, seemingly, frightened yelp. She fell back and the door shut... There was a last scream and a thump...then everything went quiet, scary quiet....
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:18 am

((Wait, can you tell me what really happened?))
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark**Light Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:45 pm

(Asiah tripped over the stairs and accidentally closed the door. She fell to the bottem and hit her head. But Zehon doesn't know.)
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:31 pm

Zehon frowned when Asiah opened the door, but stayed back. He didn't want to stay in the shack, as being stationary wasn't the best thing to do in these circumstances. He shook his head, leaning back against a nearby tree. Suddenly, a muffled noise came from the inside of the shack, and Zehon pushed himself up, frowning. Not a sound followed, and he started to grow worried. Striding forward, he knocked on the door. "Asiah?" Shaking his head, he pushed the door open, but didn't see anything. The interior was dark, and seemingly cold. A musty smell greeted his nostrils, and Zehon blinked to get acustomed to the darkness.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark**Light Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Asiah woke up and realized what happened. She looked around and saw nothing but darkness. "Zehon? Are you there?" Asiah stood up and grabbed her head. "Ugh. I have a horrible headache." Asiah patted her free hand around a desk. She found a button and tapped it three times. The the entire cottage at the bottom of the house was lit up with a light. Asiah walked to a mirror and saw blood trickling down her head. Asiah winced and walked to the stairs and up them.I met Zehon at the top and said "Maybe we should keep going. Where are you headed?"
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:44 pm

(Electricity, Lol xD)

Zehon frowned when he heard slight muttering, but knew exactly what it was. He stumbled down the stars, the door of the shack slamming shut behind him and casting the stairway into darkness. When he reached the bottom, he tripped over Asiah's body, falling down onto his chest and cursing slightly. Picking himself up, he turned and groped around for her, but no longer felt her body near the bottom of the wooden stairs. "Asiah? I'm here-" Soon, lights cascaded through the room, illuminating Asiah's figure near a large wooden desk. The male's cheeks were slightly smeared with dirt, his clothes dirty and dusty.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark**Light Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:43 pm

Asiah looked down at Zehon and said "You coming or what?" Asiah leaped up onto the horse and was ready to gallop off. But Zehon was still in the bottom of the safe house.
(Brain-dead! lol XD )
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down