Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a Rosebud in a swamp???

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

a Rosebud in a swamp??? Empty a Rosebud in a swamp???

Post by Soul Hunter Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:25 pm

i walked around carefully in my bare feet.. i knew this place too well, my home... i lived in a small forest which lay on one of the islands here.. i jumped on stone to get across before falling off...
"ow" i said cutting myself as i fell.. i shrugged and stood up again silently... a tri-coloured wolf came along a she-wolf and whined..."i'm ok Hazel, relax a bit" i then climbed onto the next rock quiet happily followed by Hazel... my name was Kineks a name that had a meaning...
i landed safely on the next island and sat down for a bit whiel Hazel licked the cut... rumors went round about a mysterious forest and a small 16 year old girl who lived there... well that was me i lived there with Hazel, a lone wolf.... i was only half way there since it was rather deep in the swamp..
"this'll take forever"i said annoyed
"be careful, you maek me worry quiet a lot" said Hazel
i had left my family behind in a town since i hated there and they let me go where i wanted.. so i decided on here... it was nice and peaceful and then i discovered the Forest of The Night a small forest deep in the swamp where it was always nigth.. outside it could be day but in that forest it was always night.. with the pale crystal moon shining through the trees .. i loved it there though and so did Hazel...
we didn;t care what anyone said, we would live there for the rest of our lives..
Hazel was a black,brown and white wolf with black eyes...
i had long brown hair, usually tied back with a tattered ribbon in a ponytail with electric blue eyes(very, very,very bright)

i then spotted a coal black rosebud and smiled.."one rose in a swamp" "just liek you, Kineks, the name for the 'Rosebud'" she said and i smiled
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Location : sitting at a table playing a dangerous game of cards

Back to top Go down

a Rosebud in a swamp??? Empty Re: a Rosebud in a swamp???

Post by Soul Hunter Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:30 am

we smiled at each other and then Hazel said "your turn, i sang yesterday" i sighed..we had a game we took it in turns to sing to one another... Hazel howled and i joined in before standing up and singing danceing around to the song i sang
"In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
Ring-around-the-roses, jump to the moon
We sing with the castanets

I will sing for crescent moon
Dancing with the castanets
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

In the land of twilight

In the land of twilight

High and loud the sound of your bell of the twilight, ringing
All alone, it rings and echoes in the twilight
(Now you are watchin' us outside the circle
Wanna be in the company
Boy but you are lonely, dance with nobody
Run away child to your hiding place)

In the land of twilight"

ooc- song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3sfq66HmqU&feature=related
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:33 am

Eric padded through the forest, his home for the few days that he would stay here. He was a shifter, but he was much more comfortable in his wolf form than his human form so he stayed as a wolf for most of his days. His ears pricked when he heard a girl walking through the woods he looked and saw that there was a female wolf following her, he was curious and got closer, he than heard her start singing he smiled to himself and sat down listening to the girl singing her voice sounding sweet and pure and the wolf howling along sounded like harmony. He pricked his ears, amused and watched as she danced around singing.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:36 am

Hazel pricked her ears and began dancing around between my legs happily as i kept singing.. i finished and sat down laughing "there, your singing tomorrow" "alright then, if i sing now i won't have to sing tomorrow" "no you don't that's the rules of the game, and looeks like we have an Audience" i said adn stood up
i spoted him and went over looking him straight in the eye... "hmm, your eyes are more human than wolf, how strange" i then looked up when a sparrowhawk flew over head "Kineks, the black berries are going to run out if you don't move now".. "ahh" i said and jumped up "don't worry here"
a branch of black berries fell from the birds mouth and i saat down with Hazel... "thanks Tadewi, i'll give you a mouse later, promise" i shouted up and she sqwacked back and i smiled befor eating one.."sweet" i said and gave one to Hazel and offered Eric some still not noticing he wasn't a real wolf... "they're sweet" i said to him and put some infront of him before backing off again and sitting with Hazel who lay across my leg whining and i gave her a few before eating some more... "Who are you?" asked Hazel being very protective of me and making sure he kept a distance

ooc- thanks a lot Smile
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:49 pm

ooc- NO PROBLEMO!

Eric watched their dance for a few more moments before knowing that they had seen him, he grinned when the girl mentioned his eyes. He looked at the berries and how she backed away from him still thinking he was a real wolf, he seemed amused at this. He turned to Hazel "Im Eric, and don't worry i mean no harm to you and the girl" he said to her and cocked his head "and you are?"
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:54 pm

Tadewi landed on a stone nearby eyeing the wolf... i laughed watching Tadewi do evil eye... "hey, like he said , he doesn't mean any harm so relax"
"your not a wolf you have the scent of a human and i'm Hazel the hawk is Tadewi and the girl is Kineks" said Hazel relaxing more as i stroked her head... "hmm, human, but looks like a wolf, Shifter?" i said half to myself half to the others.. "werewolves are only wolves at a full moon.. so you must be a shifter" i said
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Ericc raised an eyebrow at the hawk than looked at Kineks and nodded and looked back at Hazel "she's a smart one" she said looking at Hazel "but i do rarely shift into my human form, being a wolf is much more confortable for me" he said and shook his long brown pelt
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:11 pm

"now thats something "i said.. "whats he doing here?" i asked Hazel "traveling, a lot of people and animals come here that's the most likely reason" "hmm, interesting and Tadewi has just flown off again" i said as the bird soared off...
i then remained silent and ate some of the berries.. me and hazel left some and gave them to Eric before standing up and walking to the edge looking down into the swampy waters... "any scents?" "yeah faintly, want to risk it?" "well..."
"please, don't fall in they'll smell your blood and come swimming""i can run faster than them" i said and jumped on the first rock nearly loosing my balance.. Hazel looked to me worried...a croc came near and i crouched down on the rock it passed but then Hazel spotted something and shouted suddenly making me fall into the water with a huge splash.. i quickly climbed out and lay on the ground annoyed.."thanks a lot Hazel" i said annoyed and sat up she whinned and i shook my head taking out my ribbon and tying it round Hazel's neck as she licked a graze i had just got.. yeah i'm acident prone...
"now then were did Tadewi go?"
"i'm sorry" she said and whined i rubbed her behind the ears and smiled "nah, next time i'll just trust your nose, now then how to distract a croc and get home, ultimate question" i said and raised up on arm and whistled... Tadewi came back "i need you to find a shortcut, there is a small passage that leads to the Night Forest, i need you to find how to get there from here, can you do that?" "yes, but your hurt, again, honestly you are so acident prone" she said and pecked my cheek before leaving..i stood up and Hazel followed me and i then looked to Eric and sat down again "how'd you find this place?" i asked and Hazel sat beside me so i looked down to her and stroked her fur gentley...Hazel then lay down beside me.. i wore a t-shirt and some 3-quatre lengths that were slightly tattered at the bottom... i waited for an answer...
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Eric watched her trying to cross the river and jumped up when he saw her fall in, but he saw that she was already out and Hazel was helping her he sat back down he watched Kineks, "i was just passing through, i never stay in one place for a long time" he answered quickly his ears pricked
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:33 am

"interesting" i said and looked up as i heard a loud squwack...i lifted my hand up and Tadewi landed on it... "if you go to the other side there's apath and it leads along the edge to the Forest of the NIght or Moon" "thanks" "thats two mice now you know" "yeah, yeah"
she flew off again and Hazel who had spread herself across my legs refused to move..."not many people go this deep into the swamp so seeing others is rather rare, although it's nice a peaceful" said Hazel still not moving...she then rolled over and i gave her a tummy rub.. she was definatly a wolf but seemed more of a dog when she was with me... "come on, we have to get home before it gets dark here" i said..
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:34 am

"eh, what do you mean, you can see in the dark" she finnaly moved and i stood up and brushed the dirt off me quickly before taking the ribbon off and tying my hair up in a ponytail again before Hazel circle my feet once and looked up at me...
i then walked towards the other side of the island and then looked back "hey Eric want to come, you said that your traveling well, ever seen a place always locked in a certain time?"
"come if you want and hurry up if you are" i said and took a few more steps before climbing onto some rocks and then jumping down and landing on my feet. i walked towards a thin path and kneeled down clearing away some of the bush... i soon finished and looked at the stange path ahead... "i knew i should have brung my shoes, oh well this'll be fun" "typical, anyway me and Tadewi have something at home for you, might be eaiser thana catapult" sadi Hazel to me and i called back "coming!"

ooc- video of the forest and a song that Kineks sings...

Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:43 pm

(the song is amazing i love it!)

Eric watched them surpised that Kineks asked him to a company them he nodded his head and looked at Hazel "yes i will" he bounded up behind them
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:58 pm

i lead the way along a narrow path.. i stoped after about ten minutes at the entrance of a dark forest and smiled.. "Hazel were here and it's not dark yet either" i said and waited for Eric before walking in... it instantly turned to night in this forest the moon shone through the trees outside however the sun was still in the sky but sun never hit this place it was locked at midnight...
"this place is locked in time and has been ever since this swamp was born thousands of years ago" "also not many travellers come here and i know you won't tell anyone about it either... actually someone did and they never beilived them butthat did start rumours and most of them are true" i said....
it was true completely locked in time only at night not even the seasons changed...
"welcome to Forest of the Moon"
i smiled, my eyes had a slight glow when i was here and i walked slowly before jumping over a small river and then climbed a few rocks waiting for Hazel adn Eric to catch up... Hazel was beside me soon after
ooc- the song is Nocturne by Secret Garden...
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:09 pm

( the songs really nice)

Eric walked in after them his ears down, he was catious he hadn't been here before. He watched his step and heard Kineks saying something to Hazel. He sped up and bounded behind them, he stood there and listenined to Kineks going on about the forest he stood there in amazment and looked at the dark forest he turned to Kineks "you live here" he asked curiously
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:16 pm

"yeah, for 5 years, on my birthday i think, Hazel?" ""yeah it was your 11th birthday and we met she foudn this place after leaving her family behind in the town"
"the air there smells funny, it's nice a clear here" i said and walked to the edge of a clearin where the moonlight dance around... i lowered myself crouching down on one knee...
a small crystal like dragon lay there sleeping.. "this dragon lives here as well" i whispered with a cheeky smile appearing on my face.. "Kineks no, we don't want you falling from the sky and breaking your leg"
"hey, i haven't broken any bones yet"
"exactly yet"

Last edited by Joker-Jester on Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Eric looked at her "ahh so your 16 now" he stated and watched Kineks and looked at Hazel amused "a dragon?" he said skepticcly(sp? lol)
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:24 pm

"yep a crystal dragon and yes it's alive"
"Kineks again, no you are not-"
"well it was fun last time" i said with a cheeky smile..
"oh no, you are not planning to try and ride him again"
i smiled and Hazel grabbed my sleeve... Hazel was a bit like my mother and worried about me a lot
i sighed "your no fun and yes i am 16" i answered and Hazel kept me away from the edge and i sat down and i jumped over her and into the clearing.. the dragon woke up...
"oh no" i said and froze waiting for it to go back to sleep singing a lullaby to it... the dragon fell asleep again and so did Hazel... i went back and smiled waking up Hazel...
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:27 pm

Eric laughed quietly "something tells me you're quite a handful for Hazel" he said and lied down also listening to the lullaby but not quiet falling asleep
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:32 pm

"she is, she is danger prone"
"no i'm not, i just want to live life as best as i can and it's fun as well"
"jumping infront of a sleeping dragon and waking it up" she shouted and the dragon reared up spreading it's wings and roared.. "you were saying " i said and looked to them both "well then, if we split up it should be easier, Hazel you and Eric go together and i'll meet you back at base" i said and climbed up into a tree and sat on the branch looking at the dragon...
Hazel nudged Eric.. "c;mon, we better go" she said
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:37 pm

Eric looked at Hazel "are you sure about this?" he asked looking at the dragon and Kineks he looked at hazel and decided not to argue, he gave a small shrug and followed her anyways
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:43 pm

she lead him to our base.. in the very center of the forest... and in the center of the small clearing was a willow tree surrounded by clear water on an island...there was a small pile of twigs under the willow tree to keep them dry and not on the island was a small pile of burnt twigs...
after about ten mintues i fell into the willow tree the dragon about flying about before going back to it's spot.. i clambered down with scratches and Hazel came over and scoulded me like a mother would her daughter.."seriously stop doing that, one day you will break your leg" "aww, but it;s fun" "how old are you 10?" "yes" i answered with a smile as i sat down and retied my hair up..."well this is base, te very center of the forest where me and Hazel live, a tree house is pointless since it doesn't usually rain here either"
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:52 pm

Eric nodded amused that Kineks would be doing something so foolish, even though it was fun, he liked the girl. Eric yawned "well its good for a home, at least you arent cooped up in a house like usual humans" he said and looked at Hazel "but don't you have a pack of some sort" he asked her curious
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:58 pm

"i was kicked out of my pack 6 years ago before i met Kineks, i fought with others too much" she said "like i said towns are horrid, i hated them so i left my family in the town adn came here... although no one usually comes here i have Hazel and Tadewi adn sometimes even some of the other creatures here and houses are nice sometimes although they are boring, always the same" i said and Hazel sighed and then i walked through the shallow river to where my bag was and then picked up some twigs and started a fire rather easily... "she also said to me that she came here because it was more interesting that the towns" "well it is, town is boring the same buildings, but the forest and swamp change everyday, the wind brings new smalls the different flowers blom, the weather changes and the skills needed are constantly changeing here"
"you haven't collected food again have you?"
"nope" i then searched in my bag and pulled out some arrows and pulled wooden bow out and Hazel sighed.."this is why i tell you not to get in trouble so much"
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:08 pm

Eric listened intently "well yes i can understand that, i find life as a wolf is just more interesting and i don't really like the towns" he says "so i've traveled only through wilderness" Eric eyed the bow and arrow and looked at it interested and glanced at Hazel
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:49 pm

"Hazel you keep watch, thoose pesky demons might come again, i'm going to collect food, i saw a deer on the way here so i got my target" i said and grabbed the bow before swinging the quiver full of arrows onto my back.. i vanished and crept though the forest making no soud...
Hazel nodded and lay beside the fire sleepily...
i soon found the deer again and silently put an arrow in my bow before shooting it in the neck instantly killing it.. i ran over and pulled the arrow out quickly sticking it back in my quiver before the dragon came over head "hey, remember me?" the dragon roared and as revenge took my deer and carried it... trying to steal it.. i smirked and ran back just before i got there i shot one of the claws making it drop the deer with a huge thud and the dragon raored again and i ducked over the deer before it had a chance to grabit again and then it flew off... this took around 30 mins...
"hazel give me hand!" i whined and Hazel came over and helped me drag it too the fire... "this'll last a fewdays then?" "yeah, of course"
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next