Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My life. (Only cndthesmartone77)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My life. (Only cndthesmartone77) Empty My life. (Only cndthesmartone77)

Post by Spritz Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:05 pm

My life. (Only cndthesmartone77) Dancer
The large black stallion trotted into the wide meadow,his gait smooth and flowing. He had escaped from his owners a only a month prior, and had no intentions of letting them catch him again. He splashed into the cook crick, the water making his shiny black hide wet and cool. He lay down in the ankle deep water, letting it cool him down, as it was very hot that day. The sun shone brightly, making everything seem to shrivle with the heat.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

My life. (Only cndthesmartone77) Empty Re: My life. (Only cndthesmartone77)

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:01 am

My life. (Only cndthesmartone77) TennesseeWalkingHorse

Tessa was allowing herself to be put to pasture by her owners. Little did they know, this would be the last time they would put Tessa out. Tessa was going to escape. All she wanted was to live free, just like all the other horses she saw in the distance of her fence. BEsides she hated being in all the contests and given suitors, she would never allow her suitors to get near her hole no way! she wasnt ready for a foal, especially if she didnt know the stallion, and especially not just so it could be bred to do competitions and live a captive life like she was. Thats why she was going to escape.
There they were back in the barn and she was galloping to the far end of he pasture, where they couldnt see her gently clear the fence and land swiftly on the other side. She was glad that she was trained a little in jumping. That was so easy! but she knew she wasnt done yet, she took off galloping again into the forest making a break for the clearing she had heard so much about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:04 am

The stallion yawned tiredly, shaking his haltered head. The halter was old, but it was clipped on securly, and no amount of rubbing made it break off. He also had a short lead line attached to it, frayed and tattered. He hated the feeling, and rubbed his face on his forleg to try and get it off again.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:13 am

after a while she came to a creek, after taking a drink she finally took a moment to look around, she saw a handsome stallion up ahead, and a bunch of other horses all around, but something was different about him, he had a halter on just like she did, but none of the other horses did. she decided to go investigate, she hesitantly walked closer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:21 am

Hearing a small splash, I look up to see a mare, hesitantly walking towards me. I stop rubbing the halter, standing up and shaking myself off,droplets of water running down my hide. I shot her a friendly smile, letting her know I wasn't harmful.
(Sorry for the delay)
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:27 pm

(thats ok i had to get off after i posted anyways and ive been gone all day!)
he seemed pretty friendly so i decided to pursue
"umm.. hi there, did you uh, want some help with that? back in my pasture we used to help each other get our halters off all the time..." not waiting for an answer i just went right up and helped "so you bite here, fiddle the clasp here, pull this strap and jerk it a little to undo the buckle....... ANNNDDDD....... voila!" i toss it aside then move into a position where he could get mine, " now do you mind helping me?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:59 am

I cracked a grin. "Thanks. That has been bugging me for over a month." I then try to open the latch, my tounge ocasionally brushing across her cheek. In a few minutes, I opened it, and pulled it off of her face.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:02 am

"ooh that tickled a little! thanks.... Wait over a month? how did you do it? i just escaped, i hate being transported everywhere, pushed to my limit, and then punished when i dont do it right, and i hate when they give me suitors so i can give them a glorious foal, i wouldnt put my baby through all that. So what about you? where di you come from? what was it like?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:06 am

I smile at her rapid words. "I came from a showing and breeding stable, miles from here. Like you, I was fed up with shows and traveling, and even more, them trying to get me to breed the poor mares. Never did. But the males there made me sick, not caring at all about mares and thier foals, and everything was just so.... I just had to leave. So I broke out, and they never found me, though I am sure they are still looking."
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:18 am

"im glad im not the only one tht feels that way! i was so fed up, they put me out to pasture and i jumped the fence and just ran!"
Boy i wish my mouth would stop running... It probably made me seem so obnoxious... but he seemed ok with it, so i just decided to relax and be myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:29 am

(Sorry for the wait!!)
I smiled. "I understand." I lower my head and take a drink, before raising it again. "So this is your first time in the wild?"
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:34 am

"yeah, unless you count the wild tactics of all those stupid suitors and the other bitchy horses back at the stable...."
i look down and giggle at my own language that just burst from me, i see my reflection in the creek and think of how disgraceful i must look, twigs and leaves were tangled in my mane from my blind flee, but then i just laugh and feel foolish and roll all around in the water just laughing, feeling like a lunatic for just laughing at seemingly nothing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:43 am

I reach forward, pulling the stray sticks and leaves out of her mane, and dropping them onto the ground. "There." I smile, then lay back in the ankle deep water. "Come on in?" It felt so nice on this scorching day.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:52 am

ooh he was so sweet! i loved it!
"you know, " i said dropping my voice to a calm casual almost seducing tone, " your nothing like any of my suitors," i gave another nervous giggle "Your nice, i kinda..."
I was interrrupted from perhaps the best moment of my life by the crack of a gun and the bay of hounds on a trail.
"Great! This is just wonderful!" i seee his questioning look and explain "I know those hounds, they are the ones from my now former home! I completely forgot that they are sent out after missing horses until now!How could i be so stupid? Now You Are At A Risk! and its all my fault" i start to cry, but then it hits me again.. "No time for that, we have to run! Fast! Now! Farther into the forest running through water, the creek puddles anything, as often as possible to throw the hounds off, and most important," i say starting to take off, slow at first so he could catch up, "dont stop if you can help it, DONT GET CAUGHT!" Then we are running, side by side, matching strides, i can hear our hooves thud and our breaths come fast and heavy, other than that its silent, until he says...

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:02 am

"You're not like any mare I have ever met." We gallop side by side, the dogs barking behind us. I see a large river and splash through it, emerging on the other side, and looking back to make sure she was following. We were going deeper and deeper into the forest, and soon it was dark and full of trees. Up ahead, I saw a large, flat plain. "Head that waY!"
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:12 am

"Yes! over through there!once we reach the other side of the clearing we can stop." i stop and listen at our said destination, the dogs sound like they are heading in the opposite direction. "we should be good for now" im all out of breath i plop down in hthe shade of the tall trees "yeah there have been many escapees from my stable, most come back but some make it, id like to think they are out here somewhere free..... but the ones that return tell stories of how wonderful it feel, and how they were recaptured some only got caught because they tripped in holes or tree roots, some never had a chance, but they always tell me, unless your valuable, youll only hear the hounds after you once, they only know that cuz they found a horse that made it before, but she was old and the humans didnt really care for her anymore....." I start to cry as i reminisce about this horse in particular, " i really wish i knew where that ole mare was.... I miss her so,"

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:16 am

I lay down next to her, nuzzling her cheek softly as she talks about the hounds, then starts to cry as she misses the old mare. "I know she is happy, wherever she is. She is away from that stable, and she is free." I try to comfort her, my voice soft and caring.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:26 am

"im sure she is" i say betwen sobs " but id still like to see my dam one mare time!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:30 am

"Hush... And you might. You dont know that you never will. And im sure she thinks about you often." I nuzzle her, my warm breath making her mane blow back.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:35 am

he is so good with words, i take in some ragged breaths dip my face in the crystal clear water to wash my tears away. 'wait ! Listen!" it is silent, he looks a little puzzled so i say " no more dogs! but im not out of the clear yet, im sure i was valuable, but maybe not, cuz i never did taake to any of my suitors."
"you know what? we never really properly introduced! Im tessa, you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:42 am

I smiled. "I'm Eclipse. Glad to meet you. I admire you for standing strong, you know?"
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:44 am

"yeah, thanks... I like that name! my names kinda simple... o well! But anyways, as i was saying before we were so rudely interrupted by those mangy mutts, i kinda like your charm and your personality, your really nice"

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:47 am

I look down, a bit embarrased. "Uhm, thanks. You're not like any mare I have met either."

(Sorry so short)
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:56 am

(thats ok)
i playfully splash at him with my hoof, trying to rid of the awkwardness. i look at up at him through my forelock....

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:00 pm

Water sprays on my face, and I grin at her, turning and splashing her with my back feet, as I kick the water up.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next